Looking for a new VN.

Godskrieg

Got into visual novel's about a month ago and since then i've read a lot of them. For example Grisaia no Kajitsu, Muv-Luv series, G-Senjou no Maou and Fate/Stay Night.

Ever since I read Fate and Muv-Luv i've been distancing myself from the romance type and more into the sci-fi and fantasy type VN's even though I do like the relationships in them. Looking for something similar and would be happy to receive suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Whoopsie, forgot to add that it has to be in English, sadly I don't read Japanese. 

hmmm,

Sci-fi = Galaxy Angel (All age) and Kikouyoku Senki Tenkuu no Yumina (18+)

Fantasy = Eien no Aselia -The Spirit of Eternity Sword- (All age) and Kamidori Alchemy Meister (18+)

read already? Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (18+)

hmmm, 7HnH7.png

look like all i recommend got "gaming elemet" lol ............  (i tired to research again)

Will definitely try Tsukihime, I noticed that its Type-Moon by the art style in about five seconds. Currently reading Fate/Hollow Atraxia but seeing as my daily schedule is about two hours of work on my computer and the rest is dedicated to VN's at the moment i'm guessing it wont last much longer. Kamidori Alchemy Meister also looks interesting, will definitely look into it, thanks for the suggestions. 

Steampunk fantasy: Sekien no Inganock, Shikkoku no Sharnoth. These are two great VNs by the same company, in the same series, highly recommended. Another game in the series, Ourai no Gahkthun, is currently in the process of being officially translated by MangaGamer. 

Cyberpunk Sci-Fi: I/O Revision II. Interesting cyberpunk thriller. A bit overwrought at times. 

Time travel Sci-Fi: Steins;Gate. Is generally regarded as one of the best translated VNs available.

Modern fantasy (Chuuni, like Fate/Stay Night): Comyu. A dysfunctional group gains an ability to summon a monstrous creature, gets sucked into a world where there are other such groups. Ayakashibito. Japanese mythology meets the modern world, with plenty of martial arts and superpowered combat. 

Of these that I mentioned, Comyu and Ayakashibito have lengthy individual heroine routes not dissimilar to a standard bishoujo game, but romance is not the primary factor in them. Steins;Gate has a little bit of that too, but they're super short branches.

It was primarily written by a guest writer (Tanaka Romeo of Cross Channel fame) and it's the least romance-heavy game they ever put out, some of the routes only have a very light romantic element. It also doesn't get into the fantasy stuff until after the super long common route. I think it's a good VN, but its biggest problem is that it doesn't really know what it wants to be and doesn't commit to any one style, instead it tries to be everything. It's a slice of life comedy chuuni action romantic drama with apocalyptic and environmental themes. Yeah.

You can go a lot of different ways with fantasy/Sci-fi, would be better if you gave specifics as to what type of fantasy/sci-fi you were looking for. The list would be too long trying to describe all the good VN in these general terms, so I'll just give some medieval fantasy suggestions and let other people cover the other areas. Pretty much every great translated medieval fantasy VN has gameplay mixed in.

Kamidori's main draw is the gameplay. It's still a fun VN, but if you're wanting to play a TBS for the story, then Tears To Tiara would be my first suggestion with Utawarerumono following in a close second.

Alicesoft titles are pretty much the tops for fantasy worldbuilding, but they are all very gameplay heavy and they are known for comedic rape in their H-scenes.

Duel Savior and Brave Soul are both more standard RPGs with animu plots/characters. Neither would be my first suggestion for story, but Duel Savior is the better choice on that front.

LittleWitch Romanesque has a lot of fantasy to it, but a rather strange dice rolling gameplay. 

Koihime Musou's gameplay is simple but difficult to describe. It's another option.

Umineko..? Brilliant story (especially if you like mystery), which is quite serious, but has a bit of romance and so on. The story sometimes is hard to follow (all of those... magic battles), and in the end you'll probably not get who the murderer is. But once you understand everything and pick every single piece of the puzzle, it'll be a... I don't have enough words to describe this. My mind was just blown. Just go read it.

Also there is a patch for voices and PS3-graphics if you want something more beautiful (the original art has its own charm, though).

Absolutely everything mentioned is a great pick and I'm not going to really dissuade you from any of them. If you enjoy Fate/Stay Night, Hollow/Ataraxia, and Tsukihime though I highly recommend playing Battle Moon Wars since it's a fun little SRPG.

In regards to visual novels I can suggest not already mentioned you might try Saya no Uta if you have an interest in more dark mystery romance vns. If you like superheroes then you probably can't go too wrong with Cho Dengeki StrykerEver17 is a wonderful visual novel where people get trapped in an underwater amusement park. I'm also surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet but YU-NO is an old school visual novel that deals with parallel worlds/alternate dimensions and is a really fun journey (although it is admittedly getting remade by Mages and the current translation is not the best). 

The base-line isometric component to the VN is actually kind of base (but still fun), but Utawareramono is a combination of fantasy with a science-fiction twist at the end. It's not too long and would be an alright suggestion. Another one I ought to suggest that didn't already get suggested is Sekien no Inganock, which is steampunk.

I'm the same way as OP, the romance types just don't really do it for me. My absolute faves are Higurashi and Umineko, also loved Chaos;Head (I'll be reading Steins;Gate pretty soon).

If you're not opposed to OELVNs, I've been writing the Mafiosi series for a couple years now. They're decently lengthy, (I think) pretty well written, but they use a lot of free resources since I'm no graphics/music pro. Two complete novels are entirely finished and ready to be downloaded (free), and I'm starting on the third novel now, which is the story I've wanted to tell from the very beginning.