Princess Evangile Release 2015

Vargas

personally i would be fine with a bit of delay, when it results in a much better product. like its been said, for the price of 50 bucks you do expect something. but if mg is going to release an official patch in the near future, thats also fine with me

cant agree more. the sole purpose of those kind of media is to erntertain ones mind and not the other way round. bad writing, caused by lax editing (or whatever) results almost ever in lesser enjoyment of the whole product, its the same with watching a movie when the screen is continiously flickering.

Eh, I'd be inclined to disagree. Flickering actively distracts you from paying attention to whats on-screen. The editing would have to be really bad for it to distract you that much. The only really 'accepted' translation I've played that did this to me was the newer Cross Channel one, which I stopped playing the game around an hour in because of how terrible it was. I doubt Princess Evangile is going to be anywhere near that bad. 

nah when it comes to me reading media like vn´s, ln´s or whatoever, then i´d like to literally shut down my brain & enjoy the ride. but when most or many sentences sound unnaturally or ridiculous wrong, i´m forced to pause whilest reading & think more bout the meaning than i´d would like in the situation. that distracts me in the same way as a flickering screen.
from what i´ve read and what rooke mentioned somewhere, the writings are not always wrong in terms of grammar and stuff, but do sound alot unnatural (like endless sentences which could be shortened & therefore smooth to read). in my case that lessens my enjoyment. 
and when you´re company is in the buiseness for xx years now & you offer a new product like that one for ~50 bucks or more, then its more than justified when the customers are expecting a perfect job done. maybee that´s only my way of thinking, who knows. but seriously when you expect someone to buy sth. from you, for money he or she earned due to hard work, than one should ever aim for the best result. at the end all that matters is a fine product & a little shitty job done (or here a tl) is completely the same thing as when you totally screwed up.

i mean we´re living in the year 2015 and not 2 millenia back in time, where reading in latin was sometimes a huge task, caused by mostrous sentences often without period & comma)

edit: damn you! i just remembered reading "bello gallico" in school & it gave me the fucking creeps

edit 2: and maybe i´m simply a paranoidal scumbag, but i fucking do believe that one of the main reasons why some japanese game developers aren´t willing to cooperate with western companys, is that they´re fucking proud of their work done & therefore fucking fear the possibility of an sloppy english translation, which would fucking cripple the original content, resulting in a negative reputation for the developer.

I saw this recently and I am starting to question the quality of this VN.

Screenshot from the game:

This is a man according to the translation. But looking at her you clearly see it is a girl. But this was a picture which is at least 2 weeks old. I hope they edited this in the last second.

zF96z5g.jpg

This is a man according to the translation. But looking at her you clearly see it is a girl. But this was a picture which is at least 2 weeks old. I hope they edited this in the last second.

zF96z5g.jpg

iirc, the protag accidentally mistook that character for a man when they first met (for... whatever reason). So in context, it's actually correct.

zF96z5g.jpg

She IS a girl. This is a girl academy, so obviously there will be no man (beside MC) there. And yeah, the MC did mistook her for a boy, so this translation is totally correct.

Alright. I probably have to abandon all kind of logic when I am reading this VN on friday/saturday. How can someone mistake her for a boy.  

:D

From the hour or so of the demo I played, I didn't notice any issues with translation accuracy (I know enough Japanese to follow some of the dialogue).  Rooke has issues with the editing, but this hasn't interfered with my own game experience so far.  Not sure if I'm going to get the full game.  The demo hasn't hooked me yet, but it hasn't completely turned me off either.