Princess Evangile Release 2015

Vargas

Okay, so after a month, I finally finished this game. I think this game is above average than most games out there. The order of the route that I played was; Rise => Ayaka => Ritsuko => Chiho. You can guess why I held Chiho for the last spot. 

But here's my suggested playing order, Rise/Chiho => Ayaka/Ritsuko. Why does Rise and Chiho have to be first? First is to get you into the game, Ayaka and Ritsuko's route, in my opinion, have a better in depth story where I can say that you'll like it very much. Okay, so here are my thoughts about the individual routes.

Rise

As for her, her route is better off played first than any other routes. Her route was very simple, integrating the school while solving her family problems. I don't have any problem dealing with her route because she's very charming indeed and the story flows well. Her route is the only route where you win both festivals so I guess that's good?

So what's her route all about? Her route is technically just integrating the school because of her mother's circumstances. Here mother appeared to be in a dreamy world where she thinks she's still a student and thinks of Rise as her sister or co-schoolmate. Her relationship with Masaya is also revealed. It is also explained why the headmistress is fixed on being a traditionalist despite what happened to her Onee-sama. And after Rise's mother found out that the school is changing, she loses herself once more. Rise faced off with her mother for a final confrontation and they reunited as mother and daughter.

This is a very touching story and I suggest playing this first or second after Chiho's route.

HOW! DARE! YOU! IMPLY! MY! LOVE! FOR! RITSUKO! IS! PURELY! BASED! ON! HER! BEING! A! LOLI!

its nothing like that!!!!!! ritsuko is love! ritsuko is life! so what if i want her to run towards me in the morning going "Onii-chaaaaan" while smiling brightly? its love i tell you. LOVE!

35kNMDN.jpg

I will just use this threat :P

I still have a Steam-Key from Mangagamer left. I only play the uncensored game, so I dont need the extra Steam version. So if someone wants to buy the game, but cannot afford it for now I would gladly give the key away :). Just PN me here and I will send it. (Remember first come , first serve^^).

Greetings from Austria :)

Okay, so after a month, I finally finished this game. I think this game is above average than most games out there. The order of the route that I played was; Rise => Ayaka => Ritsuko => Chiho. You can guess why I held Chiho for the last spot. 

But here's my suggested playing order, Rise/Chiho => Ayaka/Ritsuko. Why does Rise and Chiho have to be first? First is to get you into the game, Ayaka and Ritsuko's route, in my opinion, have a better in depth story where I can say that you'll like it very much. Okay, so here are my thoughts about the individual routes.

Rise

As for her, her route is better off played first than any other routes. Her route was very simple, integrating the school while solving her family problems. I don't have any problem dealing with her route because she's very charming indeed and the story flows well. Her route is the only route where you win both festivals so I guess that's good?

So what's her route all about? Her route is technically just integrating the school because of her mother's circumstances. Here mother appeared to be in a dreamy world where she thinks she's still a student and thinks of Rise as her sister or co-schoolmate. Her relationship with Masaya is also revealed. It is also explained why the headmistress is fixed on being a traditionalist despite what happened to her Onee-sama. And after Rise's mother found out that the school is changing, she loses herself once more. Rise faced off with her mother for a final confrontation and they reunited as mother and daughter.

This is a very touching story and I suggest playing this first or second after Chiho's route.

Chiho

For Chiho's route, if you want an osananajimi route, then better go for her. After playing some VN's with osananajimi route, her character is what I can say, very good. Well, maybe the fact that Mizukiri Keito(Yumina) from Yumina the ethereal voicing her is one of the reasons haha.

In all the other routes, her route is the only one which has an epic fail confession. A total mess indeed. Okay, what makes her route good? Actually, it's not that bad. It's just that she doesn't have any deep connection with the school. Of course, her route would focus outside the school boundaries, where her parents and Masaya's circumstances lies. I think it's a good read except for the fact that they started their relationship with studying how to have sex. That's not the case with the other heroines so I'm pretty disappointed about her route being that way.

So what's her story anyway? First, there goes the Rise and Chiho competition over Masaya. Masaya being indecisive as always took a month, I guess, just to sort out his feelings for Chiho even though you technically picked Chiho in your choices to get to her route. The story also revealed that her parents doesn't agree with integrating. She resolved the issue easily, that's what I think, while Masaya's father became a criminal who could sold his own son's girlfriend for money. If I were Masaya, I wouldn't be able to forgive him but given what his character is, maybe the action of forgiving him since he's family is plausible. And I think that Masaya only knew that Chiho was kidnapped and not sold as a prostitute or something. 

I suggest playing this first or just after Rise's route or you'll be disappointed if you ever played Ritsuko's and Ayaka's route.

Ritsuko

Okay, the route that is loved by most of the player's I've read here so far, Ritsuko's route. Ritsuko started off as a cool character being an opposition to integration. As you go into the story, her opinion of Masaya becomes rather good. Reading the other routes beside her, I can say that she developed some feelings for him where when the topic of winning the Grande Vote comes up, she would only say "Yes", "Unn" or keep silent. But maybe that was just her character.

Okay so why does most of you/them love her. It's obvious really, because she's a loli hahaha. Well kidding aside, in all the other route's, she's the one that has a very cute jealousy mode. Where she would exhibit a dark aura around her while watching Masaya in a corner flirting with the other girls. That really got me to like her. Then, there comes the headmistress. Oh my, she's a pain in the butt in this route. In here, the headmistress forces Ritsuko to marry someone besides Masaya and is troubled by him ruining her own memories. It get's to the point where she get's Masaya to be kidnapped just to have a wedding ceremony for Ritsuko. Ayaka comes to the rescue here so it's a plus point for her.

Well, this route has a pretty good story telling so I suggest reading it between the other route's or setting it for last.

Haha she seems like a loli to me other than Konomi I guess. It tires me out reading a lot of ecchi scenes for every route so I just wish they could have lessen that a little bit but oh well, it's great anyway. I just wish Ruriko has a route. I liked her first than the other heroines and am pretty disappointed with her having no route at all. But anyway, there's an untranslated W Happiness where you can go into her route. hahh..

And I also wish that the headmistress has a side story whatsoever  B) 

Curious: anybody else disappointed in the lack of a Mitsuki route? It might be a purple hair thing, or a tsundere thing, or just that she has a low voice and I like low, womanly voices, but... yeah. I'm definitely disappointed in the lack of a Mitsuki route. I was even planning to pick her route first, before I realized there was no such thing.

On the topic of characters without routes, regarding Tamie: I like that she's genki, but she's somehow not quite interesting enough for me to be disappointed in the lack of a Tamie route. Of course, I sure as hell wouldn't say no to it if it were given to me...

I'm still not quite out of the common route, but I'm very curious to see what the character routes are like in the All Ages version, given that from what FamedWolf said, it sounds like quite a lot of ecchi in the regular version.

^Off topic-ish, but how's your enjoyment of PE going so far? You were the one that called me out when I went on a PE recommending spree right? :P

~~
On topic, yeah, I also had a thing for Mitsuki (mainly cuz of the purple >.>). Glad to see someone else does too :3

No idea what All Ages cuts out, but regular has 5 H-scenes per heroine.

Yep, that was me :D

Overall, I'm really enjoying it, so I certainly don't mind your recommended it, however I freely admit that I'm extremely easily entertained, so that's not necessarily saying much for it.

If I were to actually break it down (and apologies in advance, since despite my enjoying it, this is going to have some negatives - but that's how it goes when you analyze stuff...)

Positives:

- The character design and art are cute.

- I'm really enjoying the voice-acting, basically across the board (barring characters like the headmistress, girls' fathers, etc.,).

When those elements are done this well, it's probably enough to get me to enjoy damn near anything.

Undecided:

- The plot is, at best, ok. It's compelling enough that I haven't felt a desire to put it down, but it's frankly less interesting than anything I've played before (admittedly a pretty short list, if you check my VNDB, but that includes, for example, KonoSora).

Negative:

- The soundtrack really is bad, and this matters a lot to me. Maybe Key and Type-Moon have spoiled me, because they delivered really top-notch soundtracks, but even both World End Economica and KonoSora had way better soundtracks than Princess Evangile. I'm probably a bit overly sensitive to this, though, since I like music quite a lot.

- The choices between heroines are ridiculously lame. Every single one so far was just: here are four identical things with the names changed, now pick one. It's a little thing, but it bugs me. In contrast, Key does a great job with choices in the common route: choices often require remembering characteristics of the heroine, or at least lead to radically different situations. E.g., in Little Busters!, if you want to end up on Kurugaya's route, you better remember to go visit her in the courtyard when given the chance. As another example, Fate/Stay Night is a little less subtle than Key games, but still not nearly as lame Princess Evangile: they at least present alternative descriptions of what you're going to do, with each of the characters you can choose from, and then give you a pretty different resulting scenario (usually at least a different setting). It seems like PE puts no effort into this whatsoever, and it somehow breaks the immersion for me. I'm normally not one to fault games for not matching real life, but... in real life, when deciding how to spend time, I'm not so much choosing between the same event featuring a different girl, but rather between different plans for the upcoming time. So, it's kind of hard to relate with PE's Masaya due to the nature of his dilemmas, but correspondingly much easier to relate to a Key protagonist.

That last one rambled on a lot, but neither it nor the music is unforgivable - it's still a fun, light VN. I am definitely looking forward to jumping into something a bit heavier afterwards, though (I expect Sekai Project's Grisaia will be out around the time I'm done).

let me just say that every character with a sprite, interested me. maybe not in very deep sense but in a way that just makes me want to know their story more. even with the headmistress, although they do explain a bit of her back story in 3/4 of the routes. doesnt mean i want her to be datable i just want her and masaya to come to an understanding of one another.

@Fred the Barber the choices are simplistic but theyre supposed to be. key makes their games like that so that you, as the mc, can feel as if your wooing the girl. while in PE its masaya that woo's the girls and then its up to you to choose who he goes out with.

also, this is sort of related to the headmistress i mentioned earlier but does anyone else hate it when you woo a married woman in a vn, you find out the husband was cheating on her long before you started dating the wife? its such a cop out. it removes all the guilt and complications the mc and the wife have. it be like if someone killed someone by accident and felt extremely guilty about it. then the guy finds out later that the man he killed was a serial killer or something. i currently have Dexter on pause while using that analogy, which might explain why i used it.

With regards to the headmistress thing everyone's talking about, I don't think a route would've worked for her, but they could've done a better job characterising her. Or at least done a better job making us sympathise with her. She was so unlike-able that I couldn't feel sorry for her when I was obviously supposed to. 

@mitch yeah, cop out indeed. I sort of felt that way as well to a lesser extent with like Ruriko's conflict 

Oh noes, arranged marriage? Dw, just reject him because you obviously don't love him. Oh look, he turned out to be a douchebag all this time, so her rejecting him is justified! All is well~

@fred very, very interesting to hear you say PE is less interesting than say, KonoSora. Though, I don't even remember what happened in KonoSora anymore (been a year already) soo yeah xD 

@Nimbus I sympathized with headmistress in Ayaka's route :<