Dakimakura

TehRealOne

Errm... no. It'd be weird. The "socially acceptable" line seems to move every time I check it, but I'm pretty sure bringing a dakimakura on the plane with you is still past the line.

Doing your own thing and not being ashamed of who you are is, of course, worthwhile, but this sort of thing would probably make a lot of people uncomfortable. And, sure, making people uncomfortable is far from the end of the world, but my view is that I don't like it when people make me feel uncomfortable, so I try to avoid doing it to others when it isn't really necessary. It's standard Kantian procedure, really.

It wouldn't really make people uncomfortable as long as you just hug it when you sleep.

However, just to be safe having just one side of the dakimakura coloured would be best.

You can show the blank side to everyone else. 

Wait, are one sided dakimkauras even available? 

I don't particularly care about people not liking me doing things that they deem socially unacceptable or something.

I want to do what I want to do. Of course, there are lines that must never be crossed, but if it does no harm to the other party, then I see no reason to not do something. Like, really now. Making someone feel, err, uncomfortable is not something that we can always prevent. See, a few habits can still trigger discomfort in some people. That's also vice versa. What if that habit was something you unconsciously do? It does no harm, yet it bothers you. Would you tell the person to please stop doing it so that you won't be bothered? Do you think that they'll go out of their way to tell you that they're bothered of whatever you're doing right now? I dunno. I don't think so.

An example would be, say, my singing in public. Sure, I sing in public. Sure, it bothers some people. Sure, it surprises some people. But it's in no way unnatural. It also doesn't hurt them in any way. Well, in any normal way. But they're sometimes bothered, yeah. Just like how I'm bothered by street children running past me because it makes me paranoid. 

Long story short, whatever I do, I'll be triggering discomfort. Why not do something you want while not minding what they think? What they think may cause discomfort in you as well, so it's better not to think about it too much.

Society can go kiss itself in the ass if it will hinder me from being with my dakimakura waifu.

If dakimakuras were something that society deemed normal, then nobody would be uncomfortable.

But they all go, "Noooo. It's perverted. It's weird. What hopeless people they are."

YOU CAN GO SCREW YOURSELF SOCIETY.

I WANNA HUG MY WAIFU PILLOW FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

>realizes that I actually have no dakimakura

>cries

I don't particularly care about people not liking me doing things that they deem socially unacceptable or something.

I want to do what I want to do. Of course, there are lines that must never be crossed, but if it does no harm to the other party, then I see no reason to not do something. Like, really now. Making someone feel, err, uncomfortable is not something that we can always prevent. See, a few habits can still trigger discomfort in some people. That's also vice versa. What if that habit was something you unconsciously do? It does no harm, yet it bothers you. Would you tell the person to please stop doing it so that you won't be bothered? Do you think that they'll go out of their way to tell you that they're bothered of whatever you're doing right now? I dunno. I don't think so.

An example would be, say, my singing in public. Sure, I sing in public. Sure, it bothers some people. Sure, it surprises some people. But it's in no way unnatural. It also doesn't hurt them in any way. Well, in any normal way. But they're sometimes bothered, yeah. Just like how I'm bothered by street children running past me because it makes me paranoid. 

Long story short, whatever I do, I'll be triggering discomfort. Why not do something you want while not minding what they think? What they think may cause discomfort in you as well, so it's better not to think about it too much.

Society can go kiss itself in the ass if it will hinder me from being with my dakimakura waifu.

If dakimakuras were something that society deemed normal, then nobody would be uncomfortable.

But they all go, "Noooo. It's perverted. It's weird. What hopeless people they are."

YOU CAN GO SCREW YOURSELF SOCIETY.

I WANNA HUG MY WAIFU PILLOW FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

>realizes that I actually have no dakimakura

>cries

^One of those public masturbators who films himself and posts it online.

• 2 weeks later...