The Blog App is Live

It's up and running!

• I've temporarily added a blogs tab to the main navigation menu. It looks fine on the Gravity Green theme (the best theme in the world), but I realize it makes the top bar on FuwaFabulous look a little crowded. Well, the idea is to let people know it's there (and running), until I can get the right assets on the forums index sidebar
  • Go make blogs, or import your blog feed, or your youtube feed, or something!
  • Project managers: I'll get your permissions added soon, and then you'll be able to use the two dev-targeted blogs. I'll have finished the integration with the other Fuwa sites by then
  • If you want to start a group blog, you've got two options: start a "personal" blog and add other authors/editors to it, or you can contact an admin with a proposal, and we'll make it for you (group blogs must be done via the ACP if you want them to work correctly, but we'll need to talk about one small issue with the group avatar which may come up as a result). 
  • IP Board (Invision) keeps hyping a "Private Clubs" feature which I'm a little skeptical about. Not because I'm against it, but because it's kind of a weird way to use the new app. We can give it a try, in any case, and see how that goes. I'll be doing one or two test cases before opening up this option to the broader community.
  • You can read more about the features here: https://www.invisionpower.com/apps/blog/

How to Import your Youtube Uploads Feed (your new videos):

To import your your youtube uploads feed, you'll put the following into the feed importer:

https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/users/USERNAME/uploads?prettyprint=true&alt=rss&v=2

Replace the all-caps "USERNAME" with your youtube username.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Blog system to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

>profane

guess I can't link mine

• 3 weeks later...

So I was thinking of giving this a try, but I didn't want to create a ghost blog just to fiddle with features and decide if I wanted to actually commit.

Would I be able to blog a particular post just by clicking a button on the post?  Most of my content would probably end up being an echo of (what I consider to be) my most important posts, so making this effortless would be important to me.

Thanks.  I might give this a shot.  The Swedish buttons could be problematic, but I'll figure something out.

Posting on the old Visual Novel Aer was kind of a pain, and I'm hoping this will be a bit more intuitive.  I spent half my time on those posts wrestling with formatting.

Another question:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Blog system to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Is that a hard and fast rule?  I might want to post about...you know...visual novels at some point.  Accuracy is also something I typically don't guarantee.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a little flaw in the way edit works.

When you edit, you can save to drafts before you re-publish your article, which means the software will place it at the top of the dashboard and the new articles posted regardless of its first publish date.

That means you can voluntarily up your articles which hasn't been abused yet but which could be.

I noticed this after not seeing the "publish now" button under the text and accidentally sending an old article of mine to the top of the blogs new content.

Also 5903ab3ab5396000554e5c0d84a6f39b.png

I think 4 is too many given this is updated about twice a week. I suggest keeping two slots for this pinned blog.

Btw, there's a bug with the fuwa recoblog thingy :

964324628b0f367acee9d70ca626fe51.png

That post was written by Rose, not by LinovaA

The opposite had already happened when the #3 written by LinovaA was shown as written by Rose