Boku Wa Tomodachi Sakunai Portable (PSP) Translation Project [Translators Needed]

Mikata jin

I'm guessing Clannad is similar in size to To Heart 2 (which is my translation project), but I haven't seen the script for Clannad. To Heart 2 is 95k lines and 2.9M kana. The PSP ones appears to be the so called 10~30 hour stories while full blown VNs are 50+ hours.

Wow that is alot 2.9m kana!

Amount of kana isn't really an indicator of anything since verb and adjective conjugation bloats it up so much.

You can have 忘れられたら and 忘れる, they're still the same verb (different tenses) but the first has 3 extra kanas which with time ends up adding up a lot of characters but doesn't add any extra difficulty or time in translating them.

Amount of kanji is a better indicator than amount of kana in terms of script size.

Also amount of unique kanji is a really good indicator of the level of difficulty.

I suggest taking a look at this page for script size references: http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=VN/Eroge_Script_sizes

Amount of kana isn't really an indicator of anything since verb and adjective conjugation bloats it up so much.

You can have 忘れられたら and 忘れる, they're still the same verb (different tenses) but the first has 3 extra kanas which with time ends up adding up a lot of characters but doesn't add any extra difficulty or time in translating them.

Amount of kanji is a better indicator than amount of kana in terms of script size.

Also amount of unique kanji is a really good indicator of the level of difficulty.

I suggest taking a look at this page for script size references: http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=VN/Eroge_Script_sizes

Aye, but it's easy to just grep the text if you have it. I don't have a tool that selectively checks for kanji but I guess I can write one... (I don't use windows which is why I'm not using the tools on that wiki site).

EDIT (only using TH2 by comparison since I have the actual script and it's ~similar to clannad in scope):

2267 unique kanji in To Heart 2, 345512 kanji total

1812 unique kanji in haganai, 109323 kanji total

Edited by ittaku

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 10:44 AM, fuyuyasumi said:

Is this project just completely abandoned?? or still alive??

Though the original group was disbanded, the new team at "Eternal Nyaboron" will take over the project in the future, since both the image editor and original director of the team are currently founders of the new translation team.
You can view our future projects here: http://eternalnyaboronofficial.weebly.com/other-projects.html

-FuryTomic

15 hours ago, FuryTomic said:

Though the original group was disbanded, the new team at "Eternal Nyaboron" will take over the project in the future, since both the image editor and original director of the team are currently founders of the new translation team.
You can view our future projects here: http://eternalnyaboronofficial.weebly.com/other-projects.html

-FuryTomic

I wish you all the best! ^_^

On 2/10/2016 at 6:26 AM, Kirashi said:

Wait wait, weren't you working on Sakurasou? Why Saenai is first?

Saenai was actually one I wanted to translate since I got the game in Japan back in June. It was marked first since I decided to go ahead and attempt on translating. A different group in August wished to work on it but they are working on Nisekoi and I think To Love Ru. 

I got in contact with one of the guys, and he was willing to help out. Just that he wants to finish Nisekoi first and then will contact me to work on Saenai. Saenai should have been marked, "On Hold." I'll check again on the site.

EDIT; Ah i see what you mean. The side project should be updated with the staff part now.