Boku Wa Tomodachi Sakunai Portable (PSP) Translation Project [Translators Needed]

Mikata jin

Update

Unfortunately we have no translator at all now!

Our first translator Gabriel has studies and will be busy until summer August time

So without a translator we can't do anything unfortunately.

This puts us in a difficult position.

We desperately need a translator!

So If anyone can join us as one it would be a MASSIVE HELP

UNTIL then we have to just wait and watch and watch unfortunately.

But the project is by no means cancelled or on hold.

We will try to find a translator but until then we will have to hope one turns up

• 3 weeks later...

Is the project still alive and did you finally get your tool capable of converting .txt to .obj?

Yes still alive and well. Thanks for the concern means a lot.

Our translator will begin work straight after easter and he will be working on it every day from after easter onwards.

.obj to .txt tool solution has been found thanks to User xyz and our programmer will be focusing on creating the tool using xyz's utilities.

However that will be for re in sertion.

We intend to get our graphic artist to resume work on all game images staring this easter.

That way we have image editing happening as well as translation happening after or during easter. As well as the tools being created m

Luckily everything has been extracted from the .iso and we are capable of opening all files.

We still could do with more translators because that way each translator could translate a route each of the game.

Do you have anything translated yet? Just asking because I can get you the first hour or so of the game, courtesy of ClaymoreSmiley who was doing the script for a guy who was doing a translated playthrough of it on Youtube. He's out of the (translating) game now, but we're old college buddies so I could have him kick the files to me.

Do you have anything translated yet? Just asking because I can get you the first hour or so of the game, courtesy of ClaymoreSmiley who was doing the script for a guy who was doing a translated playthrough of it on Youtube. He's out of the (translating) game now, but we're old college buddies so I could have him kick the files to me.

• 3 months later...

This project has been stalled due to NO transalators whatsoever.

I have ALL the scripts which need transalating!all i need now are some people who can transalate it!

Please contact me if your intrested.

This project will remain stalled untill we get a new transalator.

This project has been stalled due to NO transalators whatsoever.

I have ALL the scripts which need transalating!all i need now are some people who can transalate it!

Please contact me if your intrested.

This project will remain stalled untill we get a new transalator.

How long is the script in this game? A line count or perhaps a kana count to give some indication?

mind if you tell them us, too? might make things easier, regarding ur search 4 possinle translator & stuff.

Tell you what? Do you mean what i told the user above your comment? The one i replied to?

If your answer is yes then please PM me!

sry for the missunderstanding, i meant its linecount he has been asking for & other related stuff.
simply putting as much information about the novel on display as possible, to ensure a maximal number of people, possibly beeing interested in helping you out, applying.
those who´ve already played it know that its not the longest novel, but not everyone did that.
so if there might be someone willing to help you out, but on the other hand doesnt want to commit himself to an overly long project, you could ease his doubts by doing so.

edit: non interested content wise regarding private mails.

nah the linecount he has been asking for & such things.

simply putting as much information about the novel on display as possible, to ensure a maximal number of people, possibly beeing interested in helping you out, applying.

those who´ve already played it know that its not the longest novel, but not everyone did that, so if there might be someone willing to do so, but on the other hand doesnt want to commit himself to an overly long project, you could help him decide.

edit: non interested content wise regarding private mails.

I dont now nothing about the linecount

The most i can do is let u see the scripts and then you tell me the linecount

Looking at the script it's ~ 20.7k lines, 785k kana . The kana count includes the names of who's speaking when there is dialogue, it seems. Took me a while to figure out the text was UTF16 little endian encoded and the zip file cp932 encoded and to decipher what that means in kana count.

EDIT: Note I'm only mildly interested since I like the haganai story but don't have a PSP and much prefer seeing on screen the same thing I'm translating in text.

Looking at the script it's ~ 20.7k lines, 785k kana . The kana count includes the names of who's speaking when there is dialogue, it seems. Took me a while to figure out the text was UTF16 little endian encoded and the zip file cp932 encoded and to decipher what that means in kana count.

EDIT: Note I'm only mildly interested since I like the haganai story but don't have a PSP and much prefer seeing on screen the same thing I'm translating in text.

Is the script a lot in comparison to other visual novels like clannad?

I'm guessing Clannad is similar in size to To Heart 2 (which is my translation project), but I haven't seen the script for Clannad. To Heart 2 is 95k lines and 2.9M kana. The PSP ones appears to be the so called 10~30 hour games while full blown high profile VNs are 50+ hours.