Opinion on Handheld Consoles

Funyarinpa

Simply, what is your opinion on handheld consoles? 

Personally, I love them. Even if that version is more expensive, I try to buy a game's portable version if I can, even if it is inferior. Handheld consoles interest me much more than home consoles. 

I love handhelds. IMO the best three  handheld game libraries are:

GBA> Vita> DS

I wish I had a NES Edition GBA SP with a flashcart so I could pirate all games I wanted.

ez4-111.jpg

Screen-shot-2011-02-04-at-2.49.01-PM.png

Hopefully, someday...

I have a vita and a 3ds, I like the vita (but my cards do not work in PSN for some reason) but I cannot buy games for my 3DS because they are so expensive :(

Give me a gba sp and a vita and ill be pretty much set for life

this is different from smartphone gaming

So, what do you think of handhelds?

(sorry for the mess, I'm a bit sleepy... Zzz...)

Due to my schedule I end up playing on portable gaming devices much more often than on a PC or console. I play my 3DS all the time. I'm a proud Vita owner and will defy any lewy who slanders its name. And I've got a little windows tablet for VNs.

It's awesome being able to pull out games at a moment's notice, de-stress for five minutes, and then be able to jump back into real life.

*cough*

XlmJ9YO.png

pdu5t3Il.jpg

Lewy spouting his anti-Vita bullshit again despite not owning one or knowing much about it. My digital Vita library is about double this size too. 

I play handhelds more than I do my home consoles. Just more comfortable to play in bed :P Though I did just sell my 3DS because I never touched it. 

pdu5t3Il.jpg

Lewy spouting his anti-Vita bullshit again despite not owning one or knowing much about it. My digital Vita library is about double this size too. 

I play handhelds more than I do my home consoles. Just more comfortable to play in bed :P Though I did just sell my 3DS because I never touched it. 

Please, stop with the Photoshop. I know the vita was a burden for you.

JGL-50-50-back-pat07secs.gif

I prefer the Gameboy if I had to pick a console

Due to my schedule I end up playing on portable gaming devices much more often than on a PC or console. I play my 3DS all the time. I'm a proud Vita owner and will defy any lewy who slanders its name. And I've got a little windows tablet for VNs.

It's awesome being able to pull out games at a moment's notice, de-stress for five minutes, and then be able to jump back into real life.

Pretty much the same for me, it's nice to be able to play it on the go or while doing something else.  I play while watching TV all the time, which is really nice. 

For me the DS was probably the most influential (and what I still probably have the most games for).   Phoenix Wright, TWEWY, SuperStar Ultra, all the Pokemon.  Good times. 

pdu5t3Il.jpg

I notice a lack of Senran Kagura on that shelf. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A

Some people just seem to enjoy playing games on a teeny tiny little screen with puny sound.  I don't.  I want a big screen with full size speakers and full size controls.

It's the same way with movies.  Some people are OK watching on a teeny, tiny little screen.  I want a big screen.

(Since I never have the opportunity to use public transportation, mobility is a non-issue.  I'm always driving everywhere.)

I also prefer playing on my GBA and PS Vita. I haven't touched my PS3 in several months. I tend to play in short bursts so by the time I tell my family to clear out of the living room whenever I want to get in a quick gaming session I've wasted valuable time. I have the bad luck of sitting next to loud people on the bus so I don't usually take my handheld on my way to school.

Just recently got back into handhelds, after my GBA SP, with my 3DS, and honestly, even though it's not the same (nastalgia is definitely a factor), I'm liking my 3DS a lot better than I've liked traditional consoles.  I've been playing less than 5 games, yet they've managed to hold my attention for far longer than most.  I used to think that the DS and 3DS were crap kiddie toys, but after actually playing some of the games they have, I quickly retracted that opinion.

Pokémon for life.

I prefer the actual console system because I can play it on the big screen with controller. It seems like it's less strain on my eyes, and don't have to hold up to my face for long time. And with a big screen, it just feels more 'better' somehow, especially at drawing me into what I'm playing... kinda like watching movies in a theater (more epic, lol). 

But it also depends on the game. Visual Novel-ish type games, I don't mind playing on a small handheld.. if there's a lot of movement, action-adventure kind, I rather it be on console. Then there's also the convenience of being able to bring it anywhere to play... so it really depends on the game.  For something like FF Type-0, I'm actually happy they are putting it onto the console too.

I'm more of a console gamer overall though.

Vita/PSP > 3DS  I'm a sony fan.

I prefer the actual console system because I can play it on the big screen with controller. It seems like it's less strain on my eyes, and don't have to hold up to my face for long time. And with a big screen, it just feels more 'better' somehow, especially at drawing me into what I'm playing... kinda like watching movies in a theater (more epic, lol). 

But it also depends on the game. Visual Novel-ish type games, I don't mind playing on a small handheld.. if there's a lot of movement, action-adventure kind, I rather it be on console. Then there's also the convenience of being able to bring it anywhere to play... so it really depends on the game.  For something like FF Type-0, I'm actually happy they are putting it onto the console too.

I'm more of a console gamer overall though.

Vita/PSP > 3DS  I'm a sony fan.

Some people just seem to enjoy playing games on a teeny tiny little screen with puny sound.  I don't.  I want a big screen with full size speakers and full size controls.

It's the same way with movies.  Some people are OK watching on a teeny, tiny little screen.  I want a big screen.

(Since I never have the opportunity to use public transportation, mobility is a non-issue.  I'm always driving everywhere.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRB8Jor8tPs

After reading this yesterday I picked up my gameboy color and played some Pokemon Yellow.  Good times.  :D