Blog feature coming this weekend

Hey everybody,

I wanted to let you know that the forums blog feature is going live sometime this weekend after I've had a chance to detox from the last six days : P. There are a lot of cool features to enjoy:

• Once I check in with Tiago for a list of names, all the Ongoing Projects devs will have free posting permissions in two blogs: Dev Board Updates, and Project Recruitment. These are going to be integrated into the Fuwazette feed and should also show up on one of the sidebars at FuwaReviews. The way I'm managing the RSS feeds isn't ideal atm, so look forward to increased optimization soon.
  • The Fuwa Recognition team (project leader will be chosen in next 2 days) will also have a blog which will integrate with the "Cool features/people/projects" feed on the Fuwazette as well as show up in the forums index sidebar. This'll get us a step closer to better recognizing all of the amazing work and effort done by so many here on the site
  • You can start your own blog hosted by us, simply post a link to your blog (which will still show up in the blog list), or have your blog import an RSS feed from your blog elsewhere on the interwebs
  • If you want to start a group blog, you've got two options: start a "personal" blog and add other authors/editors to it, or you can contact an admin with a proposal, and we'll make it for you (group blogs must be done via the ACP if you want them to work correctly, but we'll need to talk about one small issue with the group avatar which may come up as a result). 
  • IP Board (Invision) keeps hyping a "Private Clubs" feature which I'm a little skeptical about. Not because I'm against it, but because it's kind of a weird way to use the new app. We can give it a try, in any case, and see how that goes. I'll be doing one or two test cases before opening up this option to the broader community.

You can read more about the features here: https://www.invisionpower.com/apps/blog/

I'm actually going to bed really soon, but I do want to try and see if it allows me to use it for YouTube since I do my personal blog via video format on my channel. Will you be around at all tomorrow at this time or a little earlier?

Possibly. I'm kind of starting to detox from the last 6 days of FuwaMadness, but if you need me, holler. (PS: You should have access to blog app now, along with a couple other users)

Very pleasant surpise. Can't deny the idea is seducing, I will give that a try.

I have questions though.

Will the blog software allow for easy article formating, organising titles, sub-titles, different image formats and different video formats or will it be comparable to the current IPB software we use on the forum were everything has to be modified singularily.

It's not very important but it could be extremely convienient if some people plan to use it regularily.

Very pleasant surpise. Can't deny the idea is seducing, I will give that a try.

I have questions though.

Will the blog software allow for easy article formating, organising titles, sub-titles, different image formats and different video formats or will it be comparable to the current IPB software we use on the forum were everything has to be modified singularily.

It's not very important but it could be extremely convienient if some people plan to use it regularily.

It's got several features which are beyond my expertise which I disabled temporarily, so, yeah, for the moment it's more or less an identical experience to posing formats on the forums. We'll tweak and improve it with time, though, if people enjoy the app : )

Calling the Knowledgeable: I need help!

Something we were just talking about and which I imagine a lot of users are going to want to do with the new blog system, is importing youtube upload feeds into their Fuwa blogs. (You can find a youtube channel's feed by going here and entering your username/usercode which isn't usually very tidy (ex: "UCIIgZL8mXl7vOGWKDGfi-eg"))

Here's the problem: the feed that you get doesn't have the channel function required by our RSS feed software. Here's the Kinda Funny feed as an example: https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/gameovergreggy/uploads

Does anybody know if it's possible to get other types of RSS feeds from youtube? Any ideas for solutions?

Nay saved the day once again. Thank you!

To import your your youtube uploads feed, you'll put the following into the feed importer:

https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/users/USERNAME/uploads?prettyprint=true&alt=rss&v=2

Replace the all-caps "USERNAME" with your youtube username.