(Muv-Luv) Sumika Route Credits RUGP Crash

Kenegro

Hey guys, so I'm at the end of Sumika's Route and as the credits are about to start I get the lovely RUGP crash error.

Has anyone found any new ways to get this working? I would love to get this fixed before I do the Meiya route to unlock Unlimited.

Nor do I own a W7 PC :(

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale?: Yes
Game Name: Muv-Luv Extra
Description of Problem: RUGP Crash
Your Operating System: Windows 8.1 64bit
What did you already try

-Remove Translation File File and check compatibility, color mode and display scaling
(this worked for the amusement park scene)
-Minimised game during scene
-Turned off all sounds and effects
-Fresh install
-Run as Admin

it is a common problem if you run the game with win 8, i dont think there is a solution.

Here is a guy that had the same problem:

/index.php?/topic/8719-muv-luv-extraunlimited-crash/">http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/8719-muv-luv-extraunlimited-crash/

Maybe this can help

/index.php?/topic/7852-muv-luv-does-run-on-windows-8-heres-how/">http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/7852-muv-luv-does-run-on-windows-8-heres-how/

Thanks for the prompt reply, I tried all the fixes in both posts prior to posting this.

I'm starting to think the Muv-Luv series is a wasted effort on Windows 8.1, OS rollback isn't possible because I'm using a Surface Pro 2  :(

Been trying it over and over though in hopes I get lucky.

• 1 year later...

Well I just resolved my issue with the crashes and it is entirely due to missing audio codecs. I simply downloaded the audio codec pack, restarted computer and then managed to get through without any sort of crash. In one of these sorts of threads someone mentioned that audio codecs might be missing, so after trying that out, it worked!

Although the Meiya ending still crashes and that can only be fixed by turning off all of the settings (BGM, Voices, graphic effects, Sound effects.)

Windows is missing some codecs that this game needs it turns out. :(

P.S: I have windows 10.