Recruiting for Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling PSP patch

ShinjiGR

Greetings,
I'm interested in making a patch for the Steins;Gate - Hiyoku Renri no Darling for the PSP based on the Youtube translation by Zakobot and I'm looking for people willing to help me.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1. I contacted Zakobot but unfortunately he made it very clear that he doesn't want a patch to be made and he won't support any such attempt, so I'm looking for some people with a lot of free time in order to type down the translated lines from the youtube videos. No special skills needed for this.

2. We will also need a translator to do some very minor things. As of now there two things that need translation. The intro at the beginning and the episode synopsis for the in-game fictional anime RaiNet Kakeru. Obviously we will come across some untranslated scenes and mails but we'll deal with them as we find them.

2a. The intro is about 15 lines long but besides the translation we will need someone to recreate the psmf video file and insert hard english subtitles. Here are the screenshots with the untranslated text in case someone wants to give it a go.

2b. The RaiNet kakeru text has been probably translated in the official release of the original game but unfortunately I can't find the text anywhere, so we will have to re-translate it. There are 13 episodes and I have the text only for the first two. Here is the text for all episodes. I've included the translated episodes as reference.

3. (Optional) There are two images in the manual section of the main menu that I can't replace. I've posted about it here, but unfortunately I haven't received any answers yet. If there is a hacker that can extract them and replace them that would be great.

As of now I have written some utilities and I can extract and replace the text in the settings menu, the text-boxes with the character names, the phone functions, the phone messages with their subject names and the tips/glossary.

If you want to help this project please send me a pm or an email.

Thank you.

Unless you have explicit permission from Zakobot to use his translation, I can't allow this project to be hosted here.

I've talked to Zakobot before and know his stance on patches as well. If he doesn't want to do anything about this I'll unlock the thread, if not I suggest you don't start this and respect Zakobot's wishes. If you do want to start a patch even after that, please use your own translation instead.

Until I hear back from him, I'll be keeping the thread locked.