Feb 18: Post-apocalypse bug/problem Reports

Since you asked there is one other ... I guess bug is the right word for it. I am guessing it is a result of you merging the threads. When I clicked on the notifications alert to get to your post all I would get is a message saying the post no longer exists. I had to go into my profile and click on posts that I had made to re-find the thread.

Thanks for your help and quick response.

Speaking of mails, it might just be my ISP being silly, but forum notifications have bee failing to get through their filter or something for a while (spamming my gmail inbox which accepts them and does forwarding with mail delivery subsystem messages...). The error it gives is "451 Cannot verify DKIM signature: pubkey_unavailable". Only happens for fuwa messages, rest forward fine to my personal mail. I guess the move to mandrill might solve this one as well.

^ I'm not popular enough to get enough notifications to get that bug :vinty:

~~
Misc. bug: do you guys no longer see yourself in the 'user(s) are reading this topic' thing at the bottom?

hwj144n.jpg

Other people do see you, though. If I open an incognito window in Chrome (so it's a guest):
wJfyWCV.jpg

Speaking of mails, it might just be my ISP being silly, but forum notifications have bee failing to get through their filter or something for a while (spamming my gmail inbox which accepts them and does forwarding with mail delivery subsystem messages...). The error it gives is "451 Cannot verify DKIM signature: pubkey_unavailable". Only happens for fuwa messages, rest forward fine to my personal mail. I guess the move to mandrill might solve this one as well.

I've added one as per Mandrill's requirements. Unfortunately they're a bitch to get started with (initial step to get your account approved) in order to prevent spammers from abusing their service, but I really don't want to deal with setting up an SMTP server properly, this is way better handled by a 3rd party service.

^ I'm not popular enough to get enough notifications to get that bug Untitled-1%20copy.png

~~

Misc. bug: do you guys no longer see yourself in the 'user(s) are reading this topic' thing at the bottom?

<screenshot>

Other people do see you, though. If I open an incognito window in Chrome (so it's a guest):

<screenshot>

This has been happening since forever, and as usual: If it's a bug with the forum's software, I won't fix it, it's too much of a bitch.

The registration issues were related to our mail setup, so I signed us up for Mandrill. Emails might be delayed for a while. Should take about 2-3 hours for the account to clear and the first batch of mails to be sent, afterwards everything should be back to going fluently.

Already contacted their support because they're being bitchy about it:

Sending for your account has been paused. We have received your request for review. Mandrill support will contact you with a resolution or additional questions if needed.

I was afraid this would happen, but afterwards everything should be working smoothly. I'll update the thread when my support request has been handled. Until then everything will have to be handled manually, unfortunately.

It's a bitch, and partly my fault for having pushed back making sure emailing works for so long.

And a heads-up: All the emails in the backlog will get sent after we get approved, so I wouldn't try resetting passwords any further.

Update: Mandrill support has enabled our account, the backlog will be cleared over the next few hours (at this point it'll take an hour for the queue to clear, and since we're close to our quota for that hour we might get another delay, afterwards we should be good) and everyone should finally get their mail. Sorry for the inconvenience so far, I really hope this'll sort out our problems with WP and emailing in general.

@misc.bug oh wow happening since forever huh. I think it only happened after the domain switch for me; I definitely would've noticed if it happened prior to that. But w/e this issue not that big of a deal xD

~~
Can confirm Fuwazette has sent emails regarding accounts and whatnot

Apparently I tried to recover my password 6 times :holo:

~~~
Update: uhh problem

The password reset emails do not have a link to reset passwords!
VWYTpLb.jpg

The HTML email contains a broken link - more fun with WP, it seems... it just never stops.

I am in. I was able to reset my password in about 30 seconds. Thanks for your efforts Nay! 

::mutters to self - now if I can just figure out how to get people to read and comment on my reviews::

Just a random update

I was able to solve the 'hide sidebar doesn't stay hidden upon refresh' in another thread along with my earlier misc. bug of not seeing myself in the 'user(s) currently reading' thingy by deleting some cookies (already forgot what I deleted but I think they were cookies to the old fuwanovel.net domain)

Soo yeah I love cookies.

Not sure if it's just me, but the tilde symbol in the posts all become minus symbol instead.

Still display properly in quote, signature and other place though.

~~ <<<

Whoa, at first I was going to say 'it's just you'

But apparently it's been the same for me as well and I just never noticed >.>

~~

So, uhm... we're back to sending our own mail.

Mandrill allowed a free limit of 12.000 mails, which we surpassed after about 3 days of notifications for chatter threads, and the blog subscriptions kicking in after Zaka's most recent post put us at about >25.000 past that. So much for that.

That's seriously impressive!

... A darn shame, but still really impressive XD

I can't access my notifications tab, my messages tab, or the expanded reply area. I'd explain in more detail, but the reply area doesn't like that at all. Anyone have any ideas why? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I've already tried the most obvious methods like reboots.

Also, I am unable to edit posts or follow conversations. Sorry for repost, but I hope the information helps.