Unpopular Opinions About VN's

Funyarinpa

I've never understood why people like comedy so much. I hate everything that makes me laugh or tries to make me laugh. It's such a waste and it adds nothing important to our lives. I never care if the comedy is good or not, unless it's the type of comedy not to make you laugh, but to relax you and melt your heart (like non non biyori comedy). And to make things worse, people IRL joke way too much. You can't run away. (There's comedy in fiction and IRL)

...You need to do something about your life, seriously. This is not even the matter of VN genre anymore.

I also dislike drama, especially when I feel the author is trying to make me love an absolute bitchy character by introducing some rape or parental abandonment in the routes, it feels like a  cheap move when an autor tries to justify borderline psycopathic/sadistic attitudes with mediocre drama.

Don't forget the moeness of the girls. That's just pretty much of what every VN has: comedy, drama, moe and action if it's a chuuni.

I've never understood why people like comedy so much. I hate everything that makes me laugh or tries to make me laugh. It's such a waste and it adds nothing important to our lives. I never care if the comedy is good or not, unless it's the type of comedy not to make you laugh, but to relax you and melt your heart (like non non biyori comedy). And to make things worse, people IRL joke way too much. You can't run away. (There's comedy in fiction and IRL)

This just sounds really really really sad...

When you just met the heroine and you are already banging. I mean shit, would like to at least get to know her a bit first.

Well timed h-scenes are key to sexual success 

No H-scenes are the key to success

Every VN except for one that I've read so far would have been drastically better if the H-scenes were toned down/removed

I hate those moments where MC and female A are about to kiss or some shit and something stops them at the very last second. You know... those moment breakers.

This applies to more than just VNs... I mean it is especially bad in anime, but I have noticed it in VNs as well. :sleep:

I remember how I raged in Hatsusaku cause of this

Don't forget the moeness of the girls. That's just pretty much of what every VN has: comedy, drama, moe and action if it's a chuuni.

I usually don't care if common routes are good or bad, since they have too much comedy, anyway.

You are a very unfortunate person. I hope you get better.

Why you all say that about me? I'm a happy person, you know? I just think people joke WAY too much, and there's too much comedy in the world, which I don't like. What's wrong with that. Stop pitying me.

That you're incapable of feeling joy from comedy is very pitiable. It just is. There is way too much tragedy and not enough comedy in the world. Good comedy is a very joyous thing that brings happiness to almost everyone. 

That you're incapable of feeling joy from comedy is very pitiable. It just is. There is way too much tragedy and not enough comedy in the world. Good comedy is a very joyous thing that brings happiness to almost everyone. 

I like happy, heartwarming moments. Just not comedy. It's boring

Well, personally I can understand the feeling that a some people joke too much... And yes, some VNs/anime do have a bit too much comedy. But it's usually done in a very fun, balanced manner. Rewrite, imo, is the best example of a fine balance between plot and comedy.

I would say Grisaia is a prime example of how NOT to do comedy, but then I'll get bashed by all dem fanboys, so I'll refrain

Oh, then again, this is unpopular opinion's thread, so I guess I can say it: Grisaia's comedy is awesome, but unbalanced as crap. I was laughing my head off the first few times, but after a while it just gets... Boring... If there was a reasonable amount of plot during that common route, it would have been fine I guess. But reading jokes, regardless of how good they are, for tens of hours is something beyond my capability... 

I like lightness and fluffyness and of course comedy.

Sorry but the real world has more than enough drama already.

Not to say i don't like my fair share of sad stories, but the slice of life genre really is a great form of escapism and just general relaxation for me.

In essence, i like the plotless stuff quite a lot, it makes me feel warm inside, i guess this makes me a heretic that's ruining the vn world, but yeah i like moeges the best, fuck me right.

Why you all say that about me? I'm a happy person, you know? I just think people joke WAY too much, and there's too much comedy in the world, which I don't like. What's wrong with that. Stop pitying me.

Which is probably your problem, the root of all comedy is some form of suffering and laughing is a mental defense mechanism against said suffering. You can see that with many famous comedians ending up commiting suicide. If you are completely happy with your life and do not suffer, laughing and comedy probably just feel wrong to you.

Which is probably your problem, the root of all comedy is some form of suffering and laughing is a mental defense mechanism against said suffering. You can see that with many famous comedians ending up commiting suicide. If you are completely happy with your life and do not suffer, laughing and comedy probably just feel wrong to you.

Are you saying that people enjoying comedy are generally suffering deep inside?

Holy shit...

Which is probably your problem, the root of all comedy is some form of suffering and laughing is a mental defense mechanism against said suffering. You can see that with many famous comedians ending up commiting suicide. If you are completely happy with your life and do not suffer, laughing and comedy probably just feel wrong to you.

Are you saying that people enjoying comedy are generally suffering deep inside?

Holy shit...

I do remember being hit pretty hard the first time I heard this point of view. Stranger in a Strange Land has a pretty long diatribe espousing it. I think there's some element of truth to it, but I think the importance of it is easy to overstate. The end result of comedy is generally an improvement in peoples' happiness - thinking too hard about how it relates to suffering kind of makes you miss the point.

The Terra Route in Rewrite was actually one of my favorite routes. 

How is that an unpopular opinion? That route was da best, the minority who have no taste whatsoever are the ones who think otherwise.

How is that an unpopular opinion? That route was da best, the minority who have no taste whatsoever are the ones who think otherwise.

I don't know which opinion is the majority opinion but terra being kind of bad is a fairly popular opinion.