Chaos;Head Noah route summaries (C;H SPOILERS!)

Vokoca

Since I've promised to post the summaries of the routes (or rather, additional endings) in the console release of Chaos;Head, I've decided I will post them separately one after another instead of waiting for whenever I might finish them all.

So what are those 'routes', anyway? They're special chapters that act as endings for each heroine, branching off from the main story at various points. To get to those, you have to get a certain delusion trigger and then answer the questions that follow correctly - the story then continues as it normally would, before it finally branches off in that special chapter - so rather than routes, it'd probably be more appropriate to call them endings. Please keep in mind that all of those are only accessible after you finish the game once, so there will be spoilers for the main Chaos;Head story.

Anyway, that's enough babbling from me, here's the summary of the first ending I got!

Nanami's chapter - daydream

To access this ending, you have to trigger the positive delusion when you first meet Nanami in the VN. This makes Takumi acknowledge Nanami more, although it doesn't change any of his interactions with her.

The story splits when Takumi receives the box from Shogun, along with the threatening mail telling him to go on the O-FRONT building's rooftop. I'm sure everyone remembers this part, as it was one of the most shocking ones in the entire VN - this time though, when Takumi opens the box, things go a bit differently.

fWPW1.jpgI knew exactly what that meant.

That's right - there was no hand in the box - just the phone and a lot of blood. That didn't make Takumi any calmer, however. Unlike in the regular route, he immediately runs out of his container house, worried sick about Nanami. So much, in fact, that only after he runs out he realises he forgot his Seira figure - but before he's able to go back and get it, a noise catches his attention. He looks in its direction, and finds--

fWQ2v.jpg

"O...nii...?"

Nanami. On the ground. Naked. After fighting with some embarrassment, he takes his frighteningly cold sister back into his room, giving her one of his hoodies (you can guess what's on it) to wear and something warm to drink. After calming down a bit, he tries asking Nanami what has happened to her, but she doesn't remember a thing. With no idea of what's going on, and the fear of Shogun remaining, Takumi agrees to letting Nanami stay the night after she asks.

In the middle of the night, Takumi wakes up, alone. Just as he's about to look for his sister, he gets a call from an unknown number. It's a call we're familiar with from the common route already: "Onii... my hand... it hurts.... give me back... my hand..." Exasperated, Takumi assumes Nanami is just playing a very bad prank on him and goes back to sleep.

The next day, Nanami is back in his room as if nothing had happened. After enjoying some home-made breakfast, he asks her about the prank, but she doesn't seem to know anything. He also notices the bandage on her arm, but after he forces her to take it off, he realizes that there's nothing on her arm at all. She just had it on because, apparently, her hand hurt a bit when she woke up.

Later, Nanami leaves to go back home and buy a new uniform, since she doesn't remember where she lost all of her things. Takumi just waits for her the entire day. Nothing much happens, except for yet another (prank?) call - and a report of the next New Gen incident. A college student was found dead, with the cause of death being suffocation. His throat and stomach was stuffed with tiny pieces of cloth - cloth that was later identified to be the uniform of the school both Takumi and Nanami go to.

Just when Takumi is starting to lose it again, Nanami finally comes back, safely returning from her shopping. Takumi tells her about everything that has happened to him up until that point, including everything about Shogun, still worries about Nanami - and that night they go sleep together. As he falls asleep, Takumi realises that having a sister - a family - is everything that he really needs, giving up on Rimi, his MMO and even anime.

fWQiD.jpg"If you do anything naughty, I'll get really mad, ok...?!"

Later that night, Takumi wakes up, alone once more. Worried about Nanami, he takes out his phone, but before he's able to call her, he notices two very strange things. It's not the middle of the night, but 8 in the evening - and a whole week later on top of that. Confused, he starts his PC to confirm the date. It's the same as the one on his phone. Checking the news, he finds even more strange things - from articles about an esper boy who has never showed up (him), to a whole range of new New Gen incidents, with the one with the suffocated college student nowhere to be found. The incidents are the same as the ones in the common route, the 'DQN puzzle' being the last one. He also notices that he has over fifty unread emails - all of them from Shogun. All of them threatening to kill Nanami.

Just when he thinks things couldn't possibly get any worse, he hears Nanami calling to him from the outside. Worriedly, he opens the door - and there she is; all bloody, missing her right hand - and a Disword in the other. But things only get started from there.

fV3eP.jpg

"Who's she?"

That question came from behind him - from Nanami - the Nanami he has spent the last two days with, the Nanami he has grown so close to. As the confusion grows more heated and the two Nanamis start yelling at each other, Rimi makes an entrance - with a Disword as well. She tells Takumi to stop the delusions right now, or that she'd kill him. With no idea of what's going on, he goes to hold the Nanami that he knows best - and that's when he first notices it. His hands go through her body as if she wasn't there at all - they go through her body, except for a single part. Her right hand.

Just as he's starting to realise what's really going on, Rimi only confirms his worst thoughts. Everything has been a delusion. When he received the box, he was under so much shock that he has convinced himself there was no hand in it in the first place. Not only that, but he has imagined that Nanami came back to him, unwounded. As a result of all that, he was effectively real-booting a delusion of Nanami this whole time, a feat requiring so much energy that he has been practically comatose this entire week, save for a few moments; remember that 'prank' call in the middle of the night?

Wanting to save the real Takumi, Rimi decides to stop stop the delusions by any means necessary - but before she's able to do anything, the Third Melt hits. Takumi has just had enough of everything - he doesn't care about this horrible world - he doesn't care about New Gen, about Shogun, or about Rimi - all he really wants is to be with Nanami, in a peaceful world - that's all he wants, that's enough for him--

-- and just as he's wishing that, he wakes up in the morning, with the Nanami he came to know this past two days so well. In a peaceful world.

In a delusion.

fV6gZ.jpgI kiss my sister.

Well, what do you think? I've personally enjoyed this ending a lot, since it ended in a very unconventional way that you could hardly call a happy ending, and I personally enjoy stories that go against what's 'right' a lot.

I hope you've survived through my horrendous translation and summary 'skills' - if you've liked it, definitely keep an eye on this thread, I will add the rest of the endings as I get them. :)

I'm not sure how to feel about

forcing more romance into the story, as it often feels unnecessary to me - that's a common of weakness of some routes in other VNs - but that certainly ain't bad for a side story. It has a sort of creepy way of pushing the delusion thing far enough to call it almost a bad end, and yet it's arguable whether it's a bad end or not. Takumi is now

completely living in a delusion, which sounds like he fell into madness, but on the other hand he's (probably) happy with it.

I'm not sure how to feel about

forcing more romance into the story, as it often feels unnecessary to me - that's a common of weakness of some routes in other VNs - but that certainly ain't bad for a side story. It has a sort of creepy way of pushing the delusion thing far enough to call it almost a bad end, and yet it's arguable whether it's a bad end or not. Takumi is now

completely living in a delusion, which sounds like he fell into madness, but on the other hand he's (probably) happy with it.

It has taken me forever, but here goes!

Yua's chapter - The Moon and the Sun

To access this ending, you must not trigger any delusion on the very fist trigger in the classroom. This leads to the first "Whose eyes are those eyes?" scene - a series of questions follows, and you have to answer them in such a way to make Takumi think that this isn't a delusion, that someone in this school did it in order to threaten him, and that he needs to erase it from the blackboard. After that, the story continues normally, with the exception of two bonus scenes near the beginning from Yua's perspective.

In the first one, it is revealed that it was her who wrote the message on the blackboard. She was trying to solve the first New Gen incident, in which her sister - Miya - died. She had her eyes on Takumi as the possible suspect, but wasn't entirely convinced yet, so she went with a little test. She wrote "Whose eyes are those eyes?" on the blackboard in his classroom, and waited for his reaction - and when he panicked and quickly erased it, she was convinced. He was the culprit.

In the second scene, we get some more backstory on her behaviour. How did she know the phrase in the first place, and why did she think Takumi was the culprit? The answer was in her sister's diary.

g1cjj.jpg

After the murder, she had found it in her sister's room; and on one of the pages, there was nothing but "Whose eyes are those eyes?" repeated over and over. Confused, she tried looking up the phrase on the internet - and the only thing she could find was Takumi's old elementary school essay, that has been entered in a contest. Since it was the only lead she had, she decided to pursue it - and we already know how that went from the previous scene and the common route.

The actual chapter starts when Yua first meets Ban and Momo. There are no changes made to their dialogue - a lot of the infodumps is skipped to avoid repetition, but her sharing her theory, and Ban telling her of Takumi's innocence remain. After she leaves, she runs into Suwa. He starts the conversation innocently enough, but he has but a single goal; to tell Yua that on the scene of the first New Gene incident, the Darth Spider helmet was found - just like the one found on the top of the O-FRONT building, where Takumi was also present. Yua, feeling like she finally has gotten the clue she needed to prove Takumi's guilt, runs of full of determination.

In the next scene, we see Takumi back in his container house, having a chat with Grim. Just like in  the common route, the 'DQN puzzle' New Gene incident gets announced, sending Takumi into panic. Suddenly, he hears a knock on the door. Feeling relieved, he rushes to open. He quickly realizes that it wasn't Rimi, though, when the person behind the door covers his eyes and pushes him to the ground.

g05kl.jpg

Yu...a...?!

After a lot of struggling (and some biting), he realises who his assailant is. Panicked even more than before, he tries to get free from Yua's grip, but she refuses to let go. She keeps threatening him to "make Shogun come out", repeating the same in a constantly lowering tone for so long that Takumi just gives up, almost thinking that it'd be easier if she had just killed him right here. That's not Yua's goal, however, and Takumi finds out the hard way when she locks the door behind her, and ties his arm and leg to the bed.

Meanwhile, we get a scene from Ban's perspective. After his little talk with Yua, there was something that just kept bothering him. As he went through the files concerning the "Group Diving" incident, he has come across one part that just didn't sit well with him no matter what. After Miya's death, glasses were found amongst her possessions - even though, according to all the photos, she never really wore any. He also asks around the fast food restaurant Miya and Yua were last spotted together, but other than them apparently being in the washroom for a relatively long time before leaving, he came across nothing new.

In the next scene, the perspective goes back to Takumi. About eighteen hours have passed, but his situation remains the same. He's tied to the bed, and Yua keeps staring at him from the sofa, muttering to herself the entire time. Without eating. Without sleeping. Just staring at him, muttering, and waiting for Shogun to come out. He tries to convince her that he really doesn't suffer from DID and that Shogun is a different person entirely, but she wouldn't have any of it. The only change happens when she decides to feed him, since as she claims - she's not here to torture Takumi, but to drag Shogun out -and after resisting for about an hour, Takumi finally breaks and accepts the (by the time cold and dry) pasta. Right after that, the situation shifts right back to what it was before, though, and the mental torture continues.

From all the pressure, Takumi is pushed to the limit. With no way to check, he completely loses his perception of time, and even the strength to resist, as the only thing he can do when Yua finally falls asleep from exhaustion is to sleep himself.

When he wakes up, Yua is gone. At this point, he has no idea how long has it been since she had forced his way into his room, but his only hope is that it was long enough for her to leave for school. To him, that was still the better alternative, better than thinking that she had just abandoned him and left him to die in his own room.

Eventually, Yua does come back, furious with the lack of progress. Deciding that she'd get Shogun out no matter what, she shows Takumi the diary - and that is when he first notices the inconsistency.

g1cf8.jpg

"Look, look at Miya's suffering!"

When he points out that what she's showing him isn't Miya's but Yua's diary instead, she doesn't believe him. In fact, she acts as if she can't see the name on the diary at all. Takumi pushes further - if he can't prove that he doesn't suffer from DID, Yua can't either. She can't prove that Miya even existed, or that she's not Miya herself. Or so he thinks - Yua quickly comes up with a proof. Apparently, Miya has a birth mark on the left side of her chest. She decides to show him that she has no such thing, but...

g1d0U.jpg"But, I'm not supposed to have a birthmark..."

Takumi, convinced even further that Yua (?) is suffering from the exact symptoms she was accusing him of this whole time, demans more proof. In response to that, she takes out her phone and shows him a photo.

g1dnc.jpg

There are two of them. Just like she said, there are two of them. It doesn't look like it was edited, either.

When he asks her to show him which one she is, though, she points to the left side of the photo... and that's when the Third Melt hits.

The scene changes, and we get to see a flashback. It's from the time Yua and Miya were last together, in the fast food restaurant. Miya was on her way to meet four of her online friends in real life for the first time, but at the last moment, she got embarrassed and asked her sister to go there for her instead. Since Miya rarely asked for anything, Yua is ecstatic to help, deciding to go as far as changing clothes while they were at it, so they go into the washroom to change She couldn't leave her glasses, though, since she can't see without them - but other than that, the switch was perfect. After that, they both went their ways - Yua, dressed as Miya, going to the offline meet - and Miya, dressed as Yua, going home. And that was the last time they ever saw each other.

The scene cuts back to Takumi, now waking up from the shock of the Third Melt. Miya tells him that she remembers everything now, how she had posed as Yua after the incident, and how it came so far that she had started thinking she was Yua herself from all the shock and stress. Her parents went along with it - perhaps from pity, or perhaps because they didn't want Yua to be the dead one, as she always was their favourite - and so the dead Yua was treated as Miya instead.

Remembering everything, Miya has accepted that it was her fault her sister was dead, and stopped caring about Shogun completely. Untying Takumi, she only makes him fulfil her last wish - visiting the site of her sister's death. Making their way through the destroyed Shibuya, they find the tall building still standing, even though it's completely deserted. They make it to the rooftop, and Miya reveals why she has came here in the first place - she wants to kill herself as well, in the same way as her sister. She asks if Takumi would join her, but he wants nothing to do with it. Smiling bitterly, she nods - and takes a step from the rooftop.

Just as she's falling, she finally realises that she wants to live. But it's too late, just mere seconds before she'd hit the ground. No matter how she reached towards the sky, nothing would save her now. And so, full of fear, she hits the ground - before suddenly waking up, still on the rooftop. It was all a delusion (this is never explained, but I assume this was a case of the delusions syncing up, just like the one with the "Staking" incident, Sena and her dad on the rooftop, etc) - she is still alive, but she has gone through the fear and pain her sister did all the same. Takumi, not wanting to be treated like a murderer this time for real, appeals against the suicide - and Miya, realising her selfish wish to live, gives in.

g1gfJ.jpg

And there you have it, Yua's ending! I didn't like it as much as Nanami's, but it was nice how very different it was from it too. There was no romance in this ending at all (unless you want to go with some twisted theory relying on Stockholm syndrome, taking the last scene out of proportion :P ), instead completely focusing on the backstory that was left out of the main route. Well, at least it felt much less like a bonus this way, and more like a mandatory part of the story.

Next up is Ayase's route. :)

There were parts in teh main story that hinted at this kind of development I guess. It doesn't sound bad, but it feels a bit wacky though. Kinda hard to tell without reading first-hand how it's executed but...

the only thing she could find was Takumi's old elementary school essay, that has been entered in a contest.

This already sounds like a poor stitch to make the plot hold together :P

how she had posed as Yua after the incident, and how it came so far that she had started thinking she was Yua herself from all the shock and stress. Her parents went along with it - perhaps from pity, or perhaps because they didn't want Yua to be the dead one, as she always was their favourite - and so the dead Yua was treated as Miya instead.

This however really sounds bullshitty... I wish they'd rather have left a doubt about what's illusion and reality hanging, like it's done a lot in the game. When you get straight out answers and try to ham them into the plot it just feels like you're jumping the shark.

Meh, it's still an interesting ending.

Thanks for the work!

This already sounds like a poor stitch to make the plot hold together :P

I might be remembering it wrong, but I feel like the essay contest was mentioned in the main story too, which was the purpose behind writing the essay in the first place. They're still stretching it though, yeah - though that goes for the entire setting.

:P

Regarding your second point, the VN actually seems to address everything on the consecutive playthroughs,like the chat between Takumi and Shogun, Takumi's sleepwalking and such, so I guess it kind of does fall in line with what they're doing - but I do agree with you that some doubt is always more interesting. I'm a huge fan of stories that leave you things to think about, or bits to interpret.

Regarding your second point, the VN actually seems to address everything on the consecutive playthroughs, like the chat between Takumi and Shogun, Takumi's sleepwalking and such, so I guess it kind of does fall in line with what they're doing - but I do agree with you that some doubt is always more interesting. I'm a huge fan of stories that leave you things to think about, or bits to interpret.

Well, time for Ayase's route, get ready for some chuuni denpa!

Ayase's chapter - Blood of the contract to the guilty

To access this route, you have to trigger the negative delusion when you first meet Ayase on the concert - it is the one that leads to the suicide scene. There are two new bonus scenes from Ayase's perspective added to the common route, but neither of them really adds anything new.

The route splits when Misumi and Takumi go visit Ayase in the hospital. This time, Rimi doesn't come back to school, so they go alone. This time, they find Ayase in her room without any trouble - she isn't on the rooftop or in the courtyard like before; she's in her room... covered in blood from head to toe. Misumi runs away with a scream of terror, but Takumi hesitates, transfixed by the bizarre sight. That's just enough time for Ayase to pull him into the room with her.

After asking for an explanation, Ayase just calmly states that since she couldn't get all of the 7 Black Knights together, she at least started collecting their Diswords. As proof of that, there are two more strange swords left by her window - Rimi's and Nanami's, but Takumi has no way of knowing that, having never seen them before. Still confused by the whole situation, with Ayase's crazy speech full of her own terms not helping him understand at all, he kind of ignores all the implications and decides to stay with Ayase, since she seems to him like the only person who can help him now. After all, she was the one acting as his friend since the very beginning - and after Rimi has just ran off somewhere instead of staying with him like she said she would, Ayase was the only person left he could rely on. After promising that they'd protect each oter, Ayase changes into her school uniform and asks Takumi to stay the night.

Ayase keeps telling him about the Lord of Malice, Gladiol (sp?), and about the prophecy of the 7 Black Knigts that will defeat him. After sorting through things for a while, Takumi makes the connection that Black Knights are what Ayase refers to Gigalomaniacs as - though that doesn't take him any closer to knowing what Gladiol is, or if it even exists. Just a few hours earlier, he looked into the 17th book of the series that Ayase has based everything off of - but to his surprise, all of the pages were empty. When he asked Ayase, she insisted that the pages aren't empty at all, and that the fact that he doesn't see the text is just the proof of the Malice within him. She also mentions something about there being as many worlds as the population itself, every single one being different, but Takumi, having had enough of the chuuni for a lifetime, doesn't really pay it any heed. He also tried to do some research on the hospital computer, but anything Gladiol-related he could find was also closely tied to FES herself... did the series of books really exist, or was it everything just in her head?

g5A5D.jpg

Then, after finishing her speech, Ayase suddenly pushes Takumi into the closet for some sexy times. Or so he thinks, until someone walks into the room, making Ayase's intentions clear. It was Hazuki, on the phone with Suwa - judging by their conversation, they weren't so happy by Ayase's assumed escape, but it wasn't much of a hindrance to them either. After confirming that everything was going well on Suwa's side, she heads to the scramble crossing - and we all know what happens there.

When the nurse finally leaves, Takumi's hopes for more Ayase get shattered completely as the sound of a gunshot reaches their ears. Ayase, claiming that it's guidance, leaves for the rooftop, dragging Takumi along with her. What they find is the dead body of a detective - Ban - and Yua, collapsed right beside him. Yua seems to still be alive, but according to Ayase, she wouldn't be for long - her heart was 'killed'. Unfazed by the whole situation, she uses her own Disword to take Yua's for her own; and then the Third Melt hits.

For a moment, Takumi finds himself in a world dyed crimson. The sky is deep red, and the surface is in ruins and chaos. Everywhere, he sees unsettling lumps of black mist, writhing about in what would appear like human shapes - but before he can investigate any further, he 'wakes up', dismissing the phenomenon as a mere dream.

After the earthquake, Shibuya is in ruins. Luckily neither Takumi nor Ayase are badly hurt. Claiming that everything is happening according to the prophesy, Ayase sets off to their new goal - the Shinsen station - with Takumi in tow. Along the way, Takumi experiences strange flashes of something he can only explain as delusions - the world would sometimes suddenly change into its horrible, crimson version, the transition accompanied by bursts of strange static. In the crimson word, where the sky is red and the surface in ruins, everything that seemed normal at first is drowning in madness. A man who was just eagerly helping the survivors seconds ago suddenly starts laughing manically and shooting everyone around him, basking in the strange, twisting black mist. With another flash, the world returns to normal - with the man behaving just as he was before; needless to say, no one was shot either.

Enduring the bizarre delusional flashes, Takumi follows Ayase all the way to the Shinsen station. There, they find Sena and Kozue; collapsed, with the light gone from their eyes. The only sound in the underground was their silent, mad muttering. As Ayase retrieves their Diswords, once again merging them with her own, she comments that their hearts were 'killed', much like Yua's. Someone was systematically hunting and getting rid off the 'Black Knights'. Suddenly, Takumi finds himself in the world of madness once more.

g5Dl3.jpg"I'll kill you..."

Kozue gets slowly on her feet, her blood-soaked body rotting even as she walks. Muttering about murders and mirrors, she picks up a long shard of glass - a mirror - and repeatedly stabs Sena's face until it is completely unrecognisable. With another horrendous burst of static, Kozue is suddenly back on the ground. Sena, now sitting on top of a homeless man - most likely her dad - eagerly buries her teeth in his throat, devouring him alive.

The madness fades just as quickly as it has come. Ayase looks like she has something to say, but she keeps silent. Having gathered six of the Diswords, the only one left is Takumi's. As they climb back into the destroyed city, he keeps seeing the ghastly visions. Scenes of kindness and friendship would momentarily switch into manical murder and rape. The visions progressively grow longer, and then, finally, Ayase asks.

"Do you see it? The sky." Takumi confirms, commenting on how it was red - to which he gets an unexpected response. "But to me, that colour is blue." Takumi is confused. After being asked to explain how the colour blue looks like, he's unable to answer with anything but that it's the colour of the sky. To that, Ayase says that the sky has always looked like this to her, that this, indeed, is blue to her. She mentions again how the world is made of millions of individual worlds, with there being as many of them as the entire population. There's no way to confirm that what you're seeing is what someone else is seeing as well - just as you can't say that the colour blue is really the same blue to someone else, you can't really be sure the entire world itself is perceived in the same way as well.

As Takumi listens to her talk, he finally realises the meaning between his constant visions. They weren't delusions at all, they were just the way how Ayase sees the world. Dyed in bare emotions, in bare malice, the black mist. It's then that Ayase confesses that ever since Takumi has saved her in the school (the suicide attempt), she had hoped that he'd save her from this mad world as well. She pleads, and the strong emotions start seeping from her chest in the form of the black mist. At first, Takumi is horrified. The thought that someone was expecting anything from him scares him. There's no way such a gross otaku like himself could save anyone. But as he falls into self-deprecation and fear, he remembers the promise they had made in the hospital. He also realises. He realises that he wants to help her - Ayase was his only friend, the only person he could rely on; and even though he still had no confidence at all, he swore to himself that he'd at least try. Reaching forward, he gripped the malice seeping from within Ayase, watching as it changed shape into something resembling a leech.

g5HYF.jpg

I gripped the leech. It was slippery and cold to the point of pain.

Gripping the writhing, leech-like darkness, he tore it from Ayase's chest. Within his hands, the concentrated lump of malice slowly changed shape - and with a flash, it had transformed into a Disword. It was done; Takumi was awoken, the 7 Diswords were gathered - and just like in the prophecy, Gladiol has come.

The red sky was painted black with terrifying presence. It was time to finish things. It was time to act upon the prophesy, the prophesy that Ayase has followed up until this point. Accepting Takumi's Disword, she ha gathered them all. But... nothing was happening. With each passing moment, the sky grew darker and the presence - Gladiol - grew stronger. Ayase was lost. Perhaps she was wrong? Perhaps, she really had to gather all of the Black Knights themselves like the prophecy has said; maybe the swords alone were meaningless...?

Ayase fell into panic, Takumi following soon after. He couldn't do anything again. Again, everything will get ruined, just like during that Staking incident-- as he thinks that, an idea suddenly pops into his mind. There was one more thing related to the Staking, one that wasn't full of despair. It was Ayane's song, the one that she had sung when they first met - the one thought to be the prophecy to the New Gene incidents. Thinking that there might be some hint in it, he convinces Ayase to sing it again; that it surely was the 'guidance' this time.

As Ayase - or rather, FES - sings the song that has begun everything, Takumi finds the true meaning behind it as he listens. It wasn't talking about the New Gene incident - not about the staking of humans, but the staking of Gladiol himself. And the stakes were none other but the Diswords.

g5J6e.jpg

Ayase releases the power of the Black Knights. The air around her shakes under the pressure of the wind.

As she finally understands what she has to do - and as, perhaps, the perception, the delusion, synces up thanks to the song - she throws the combined Diswords like a javelin. As it pierces the black sky, it slowly returns to red. Cracks, like glass, start running from the point of impact - and then, the world breaks.

Cue the credits, and then a short, sweet epilogue scene.

g5JHZ.jpg
"So blue was such a beautiful colour..."

Whev, that was definitely the craziest ending so far. I apologize for the horrendous translation - I don't remember what the chuuni terms were translated as in the PC version, so I kind of just went with what first came to mind. Probably butchered the spelling too, but who is to say what is the right one, they never spell it in romaji in the VN either. :D

I personally enjoyed this ending a lot. It doesn't really come across well from the summary, but it was kind of implied that a lot of it was caused by Ayase's delusions. It's probably up to you how you take the crazy final battle, it can either be a chuuni bossfight or a metaphor, whichever you like more.Also those themes of the world reduced to senses and their differences between individuals has given me some serious SubaHibi nostalgia hype, so this ending gets a huge bias from me. :P Anyway, what do you guys think?

Next up is Sena.

I had somehow missed this thread till now. Well being one of the people who asked for the summaries I was pretty absent-minded for not finding it earlier.

The endings are great. I was hoping that the extra routes don't become too romance oriented and light. The endings all feel like Chaos;Head and aren't out of place at all.

Nanami's end is the best till now. It really is a shame that it isn't translated and I can't read it.

Yua's end cleared up the confusion I had about her. The original didn't properly explain about Yua and it felt pretty rushed.

Ayase's end is well ......... confusing to say the least. The last part especially I understood nothing. I mean from where exactly did Gladioul come? Who was he?

And there is the general problem that the stuff that happens in the true/original end is ignored and not mentioned in the extra ends. 

This is understandable for Nanami's end but does leaves question as to what happened to Noah in Yua and Ayase's ends.

Ayase's end is well ......... confusing to say the least. The last part especially I understood nothing. I mean from where exactly did Gladioul come? Who was he?

It was never really described as anything more than an entity. It's highly possible that it was just Ayase's delusions in the first place, so it could've been like fighting with something very abstract like emotions or the like. You could also interpret it like them destroying the Noah if you were to stretch it a lot - but there's no guarantee that this is a good ending in the first place, so I'd actually just lean towards the possibility that the scene after the credits was just a delusion in itself. None of the endings have really ended well so far, that's what the true ending is for, I assume. It's probably safest to think that in all of the above three endings, the Noah II plan went through.

And there is the general problem that the stuff that happens in the true/original end is ignored and not mentioned in the extra ends. 

Just as a small tease, from what I've read of Sena's end so far, it deals heavily with the Committee of 300, and possibly Noah itself as well. :)

It was never really described as anything more than an entity. It's highly possible that it was just Ayase's delusions in the first place, so it could've been like fighting with something very abstract like emotions or the like. You could also interpret it like them destroying the Noah if you were to stretch it a lot - but there's no guarantee that this is a good ending in the first place, so I'd actually just lean towards the possibility that the scene after the credits was just a delusion in itself. None of the endings have really ended well so far, that's what the true ending is for, I assume. It's probably safest to think that in all of the above three endings, the Noah II plan went through.

Just as a small tease, from what I've read of Sena's end so far, it deals heavily with the Committee of 300, and possibly Noah itself as well. :)

Yeah well it's Chaos;Head so we won't really find happy ends everywhere will we.

I really wanted to know more about the Committee of 300 but in both C;H and S;G they didn't really go into much detail about them. Getting some stuff about the Committee should be interesting.

Whev, speaking of bad ends... :D

Sena's chapter - Deus ex machina

To access this route, you must not trigger any delusions when you first meet Sena and answer the questions that follow in such a way that Takumi recognizes Sena as danger, but not necessarily an enemy.

The first new scene from Sena’s perspective occurs after she has her talk with Takumi in the abandoned train car. In this scene, we’re shown a flashback from six years ago. Her dad had just came home, unusually excited – he has just found the solution to the deadlock in the Noah project, the Ir2 formula. It was an incredible coincidence, just like divine help, he commented. He had found it near the Tokyo train station, where essays written by elementary school kids were being shown off. This is the same contest Yua’s route referred to – and of course, it was the very same essay, Takumi’s “Whose eyes are those eyes?”.

The actual route branches when Takumi finds out about the 'DQN Puzzle' New Gen incident and decides that Sena is the only one who can help him now that Rimi has been gone ever since the Second Melt. Bringing a bunch of Garigari-kuns as a gift, he makes his way to the train car and asks Sena to protect him. She agrees to it surprisingly easily, and before Takumi can even get any doubts, he finds himself tied by a chain and on his way to Nozomi's HQ.

No matter how much he complains and regrets his decision, Sena insists that they're going with a frontal attack. After listening to Takumi's explanation of everything that has happened to him, she decides to use him as a decoy to lure Shogun out (thinking that he is an important member of Nozomi), and in exchange for that she promises she'll protect Takumi just as he asked for. Even though this is the last thing he had wanted, there's not really anything he can do. After an incredibly embarrassing trip through the city, they arrive at the main Nozomi building, and go through to the emergency stairs without anyone suspecting a thing.

On the staircase, Sena finally removes the chain (the error she had created) and explains that she made the people in the lobby think they were employees, which is why no one grew suspicious of them. Since they already were where they wanted to be, there was no point in continuing the farce. It wouldn't matter if anyone saw them now, as that was exactly what she had wanted - and it was just a matter of time before they made it to the main office upstairs.

Before they can even get there, however, they hear a strange noise. Sena tries to warn Takumi about something, but he suddenly gets assaulted by a vision of Nanami tied to a bizarre cross, with her hand missing. Growing convinced that she's kept in the office they were heading to, he decides that this time he'd save her for sure, and rushes inside - right into the trap.

The office is the room we were used to seeing from some of the earlier scenes, the one with large screens hanging from the ceiling. From those screens, they're greeted by the two conspiring members of the Committee of the 300, and informed that they'd be locked in here for an entire week, before they'd finally be abducted and tortured further. As the doors lock behind Sena, who has rushed in after Takumi, the strange noise comes back and renders their Gigalomaniac powers unusable.

About 28 hours have passed and the situation wasn't changing a bit. Without any food and water, and under the constant pressure of the noise - Noah II - they were both reaching their limits. There was a computer with internet connection in the room, but it served only a single purpose - receiving data. With no means to contact the outside, the only thing Takumi could do was watch the news. Just as he was going through strange articles detailing a sudden outbreak of violence on the scramble crossing, an earthquake - the Third Melt - hits. As the building begins to crumble, Takumi notices one of the larger monitors falling right on top of Sena. Just before he loses his consciousness, he imagines pushing her out of the way; and just like that time with Ayase, his delusions become reality.

When Takumi wakes up again, he finds himself surrounded by rubble, and Sena on top of him. Getting incredibly nervous, he tries to move away, but soon gives up from the fear of toppling the rubble over. It doesn't take long for Sena to wake up, and it doesn't take long for her to 'read' his indecent thoughts either.

gb5Mt.jpgWhat is this moe behaviour? I see, she isn't a 3D girl, is she? There's no way that such a cute girl is 3D! Sena, you're so cute, Sena!

Sena's embarrassment and his excitement are short-lived, however, cut short by Sena's merciless headbutt. Taken by surprise, Takumi loses consciousness once more.

When he wakes up for the third time, he hears the sounds of moving rubble. Someone came to help them - and judging by the two voices, he wasn't alone. Sena wasn't so happy, though - one of the voices clearly belonged to her father, Hatano. After a moment, the rubble is finally removed and Hatano pulls them both out. It turns out that he was the only one in the destroyed building - the other voice was coming from the speakers. The screens were all broken, but it was clear that the voice on the other side belonged to one of the two betrayers amongst the Committee of 300.

The person on the other side tried convincing Hatano to come back, to follow the cult once again - but Sena's father didn't want anything to do with that anymore. He didn't believe any of his plans, he didn't believe any of his strange religion. The betrayer wasn't too bothered by the refusal, boasting how the plan was almost finished anyway - and then, he gets shot. After some screams and gunshots, the speakers go completely silent.

With the room completely quiet, Sena takes the opportunity to start a fight with her father. She blames him for everything that had happened, but the only thing he does in response is agree. He says that his main reason for coming here wasn't as much saving Sena, as it was getting killed by her. Sena is furious, and starts asking more questions and throwing more doubts. How did he know she was even here? Maybe he is actually working with the people on the other side of the speakers? Maybe the gunshots and screams they just heard were staged. In a world that is only electronic signals, there is nothing you can trust but yourself.

A bit further away from the two, Takumi notices a strange light coming from one of the fallen monitors. He could've sworn that it had nothing but static on it before, but now it showed something that looked an awful lot like a chat screen. The only thing it read was:

"Takumi, do you see it? y/n"

The name of the sender was broken into strange characters - but thinking it is Shogun, he decided ingoring it wouldn't be a good idea. After all, Shogun still seems to have Nana locked up somewhere, so disobeying would be a bad idea. Not knowing what exactly he is supposed to see, he takes the nearby keyboard and answers 'n'. However, by answering, the other party confirms that he had indeed seen it - that is, this chat - and continues writing.

By that point, Sena notices his behaviour and peeks over his shoulder. At that time, the person in the chat introduces themselves as the Committee of the 300. That's not all, they claim they're an existence separate from this world, and that they need them to get rid of an error for them. Sena is suspicious, thinking that this was all just a continuation of the strange trap - but Takumi has hope. An existence understanding the entire world, but removed from it completely? Isn't this similar to how MMOs work? After he voices his opinion, the Committee of 300 reply instantly. He didn't even have to use the keyboard - they clearly could see them, they clearly could hear them - and according to their reply, Takumi was right. His example was correct, they are somehting like a gamemaster is to the MMO, or so they claim.

Sena gets even more suspicious, but Takumi is absolutely ecstatic. This entire time, his theory was true! Just like he controls Knighthart, there also is his own 'inner being' that controls him. Just like he always wanted, he could finally ask them to make his character better, to reset it - and when the chat continues on to say that they'd give him cheat codes to accomplish the mission (removing the error, that is, Noah II), he has no room left for doubt. Sena doesn't understand, and wants nothing to do with the 300 - that is, until they tell her that with the 'cheat code', even bringing her little sister and mother would be possible. That was all it took - ignoring her father's warnings, and ignoring even her own wish to kill him, she leaves for the nearest subway station, with Takumi in tow. They were heading to the lockers, where, according to the chat, the cheat code is hidden.

Hatano, left alone in the building, faces the screen once more. Of course, he didn't believe any of the bluffs. After asking some questions, a few things become clear. The Committee of 300 were the ones who got rid of the groups of betrayers. They want Noah II gone because it only interferes with their plan - with the plan of controlling the whole humanity without it even knowing, which might, or might not, be already complete. They've used Takumi and Sena only because they were the two Gigalomaniacs easiest to contact (and manipulate). And most importantly - they needed to stay the ridiculous conspiracy theory they were thought as - and to achieve that, not only Hatano, but Sena and  Takumi too, will have to be dealt with. Hatano tries to run after Sena to warn her, but before he makes it out, the entire building collapses on itself. One last thought crosses his mind before he dies - the building didn't collapse, it was made to collapse by artificial means.

Meanwhile, Sena and Takumi make it to the lockers. Just like the chat said, Sena's IC card opened one of the lockers. Inside of it was the cheat code. Or so they were told.

gbfbL.jpgSena, as if handling something fragile, carefully held the crying "thing" in her arms.

The cheat code was a baby. Whether it really was a cheat code or not was unclear, but Takumi wasn't going to give up so easily. Coming up with as bizarre conclusions as the cheats being inside the baby itself, he asked Sena to get them out - but she wasn't going to kill anyone, let alone a baby. She claimed that the entire world was nothing but electronic signals, but as she was confronted by the lively baby crying in her arms, her feelings started to contradict each other. Her dilemma didn't last long, though.

"If you can't kill it, I'll do it for you!" with only that sentence as a warning, a gunshot rang through the underground - and the baby went quiet. It was Suwa, and apparently even killing babies wasn't anything that'd get him down, as he happily praised his own shooting skills. He had came to get rid of them - he wouldn't allow anyone to interfere with the Noah II project now. Raising his gun again, he aimed at Sena - and just as he started shooting, Takumi jumped in his way.

Still convinced about the existence of cheats, he took the bullets. To his surprise, it hurt. It hurt a lot. He wasn't immortal, at least not yet. Pleading Sena to finally use the cheats they were given, he gets hit by one more shot - before suddenly, Suwa's hand is set flying with blood spraying from his wrist. Their saviour was Rimi - but she didn't come to chat around. Urging both Takumi and Sena to go after Noah II, she resumes her fight with Suwa.

When Sena and Takumi reach the planetarium, he's near his limit. He pleads Sena to finally use the cheat, but she wouldn't respond, only apologizing to both Takumi and the baby, crying the whole way through. Getting fed up with the whole situation, he wrenches the dead baby from her hands, and just as he holds it, he notices a long, shiny sword lying by his feet. His Disword. Convinced that the cheats are working, he grabs the Disword and decides to end everything with one large swing. Raising both his arms, he brings them down and fires off a wave of pure energy. It traverls towards the planetarium with incredibly speed - and then it suddenly gets destroyed by the Noah's defensive systems.

At the same moment, more gunshots start coming. Before they could even notice, they got surrounded by an entire group of the cult followers. Even completely fooled by his own delusions, he can't keep this up for much longer. That's when Sena finally decides. Having seen his resolve, no matter where it had came from, she decides to help. She won't let anyone die in front of her eyes again. And so, using her own body as a shield, she grabs the Disword along with him. Together, they raise it up once more.

gcahA.jpg

Together, we raise the Disword. We can still hear the gunshots all around us.

With every ounce of their strength, they swing the Disword for the last time - and the resulting force destroyes everything in its path, including the planetarium itself.

After the credits, we hear Momose talking to someone on the phone. She reports that the error has been taken care of. She also confirms that, just as planned, Takumi and Sena were dead. For some reason, the only survivor was the baby - she comments that  it was perhaps the last 'error' Takumi and Sena left behind as they died. At the end of her report, she confirms one last thing.

This entire ordeal was hardly any hindrance in their - the Committee of 300's - plans.

Sorry for the lack of pictures this time around, there wasn't really anything else that'd make for interesting screens! This ending was very different than I expected it to be, though that seems to be the pattern with every single one so far. :D I have no idea what the deal with the baby was, but holy shit, Suwa is an ass. We also finally got some more info about the 300 - and the implications about Momose at the end pretty much change the meaning of the scenes with her and Ban completely. Poor Ban. ;_;

Pretty good ending all in all. Kind of makes me hope that Chaos;Child dives into this setting completely.

I'm just wondering what was the 'plan' that the committee had. I wonder if it's the SERN one from Steins;Gate.

Though I have to say that Sena's route seems pretty good. I would say that it's the second best route after Nanami's.

Since the events happening in chaos;happens in pretty much every world line, but that the beginning of steins;gate is set in the Beta worldine, i'm pretty sure they refer to the "1 Billion dystopia", rather than specifying the SERN time machine plan (and in first place, that plan was triggered by Okabe's first D-mail)

Since the events happening in chaos;happens in pretty much every world line, but that the beginning of steins;gate is set in the Beta worldine, i'm pretty sure they refer to the "1 Billion dystopia", rather than specifying the SERN time machine plan (and in first place, that plan was triggered by Okabe's first D-mail)

Well now that you mention it, the time machine plan isn't there in the original worldline so it would mean that they are referring to some other plan but on the alpha worldline WW3 had happened which was not part of the committee's plan either. The committee's final goal is the 1 billion dystopia so this has to be some other way of doing it rather than the time-machine. So that would mean that the plan mentioned in Sena's route is something we don't yet know about. It could be the major plot in Robotics;Notes or Chaos;Child or other future titles in the series.

Well now that you mention it, the time machine plan isn't there in the original worldline so it would mean that they are referring to some other plan but on the alpha worldline WW3 had happened which was not part of the committee's plan either. So that would mean that the plan mentioned in Sena's route is something we don't yet know about. It could be the major plot in Robotics;Notes or Chaos;Child or other future titles in the series.

In the Alpha world line : SERN's Dystopia.

In the Beta world line : WW3, humanity reduced to 1 Billion, possible Committee's success.

In the Steins;Gate world line : the events of Robotics;Notes and (probably) Chaos;Child happens

In the Alpha world line : SERN's Dystopia.

In the Beta world line : WW3, humanity reduced to 1 Billion, possible Committee's success.

In the Steins;Gate world line : the events of Robotics;Notes and (probably) Chaos;Child happens

I would like to point that you have interchanged the Alpha and Beta worldlines.

And yeah it's possible that WW3 was somehow a part of committee's plan, not really sure about it though.

I would like to point that you have interchanged the Alpha and Beta worldlines.

And yeah it's possible that WW3 was somehow a part of committee's plan, not really sure about it though.

Or not, i'm 100% sure that the Alpha sekai sen is the world line where 

Suzuha comes in 2010 as John Titor and ask Okabe to pass through the ichi% and arrive to the beta sekai sen

Or not, i'm 100% sure that the Alpha sekai sen is the world line where 

Suzuha comes in 2010 as John Titor and ask Okabe to pass through the ichi% and arrive to the beta sekai sen

Eh ......... and I was so confident that it was the other way around too....... guess I should go to sleep already.