Hail!

Althoris

Hello there, friends. I've found Fuwanovel two weeks ago if I recall correctly, back when I was searching for this Katawa Shoujo guide by Tay, if I'm not mistaken (my thanks for making it, lad). I also have to check some list of VNs I should read. I'm relatively new to reading VNs, though.

Overall, I saw this forum as a really nice one and I thought I should join in since I started reading VNs. Perhaps make some new friends as well. You never know.

Another favourite thing of mine is to RP, which I started doing few years back on WoW. I ain't RPing so much on WoW anymore, though I RP a lot on Skype with a couple of friends.

Anyway, I wish you all a great day!

Welcome! And thanks for the nice words : ). I really enjoyed making that guide, and it makes me happy to hear that it helped.

Now, of course, I'm compelled to ask who your favorite Katawa Shoujo heroine was and why you chose Kenji as your avatar (love it). Care to share?

So Kenji, we finally meet! I recently made a post referencing you on this thread. ;P

But in all seriousness welcome to the forums Althoris! What was your favorite route in Katawa Shoujo? Also, if you're looking for another VN to read I recommend Kanon and Narcissu. Kanon is a good character focused VN like Katawa Shoujo and is around the same length. Narcissu is a short VN, and it deals with hospitalized characters as well. Picture the prologue of Katawa Shoujo when Hisao is in the hospital. That is the sullen setting of Narcissu.

Really nice people, huh!

@Tay I simply cannot choose between Hanako and Lilly. Emi is quite nice as well, though I still have to do Rin's and Shizune's route.

And Kenji is absolutely amazing. I don't know why but he's so extremely well made imo. I think I've just turned homosexual because of him (jk.)

@Zalor Extremely funny post, lad :) And thank you for the suggestions. I'll be sure to read them as well!

@Eclipsed I'm glad to be here as well. c:

Really nice people, huh!

@Tay I simply cannot choose between Hanako and Lilly. Emi is quite nice as well, though I still have to do Rin's and Shizune's route.

And Kenji is absolutely amazing. I don't know why but he's so extremely well made imo. I think I've just turned homosexual because of him (jk.)

Lilly and Hanako, huh? Congratulations: you have made your first friend on Fuwa. Rarely do we get somebody with such fine taste : P. Lilly and Hanako were my favorite routes, too. What did you like about them?

And yes, Kenji's totally amazing. I laugh every time I replay the game despite reading his lines a dozen times over at this point.

Lilly and Hanako, huh? Congratulations: you have made your first friend on Fuwa. Rarely do we get somebody with such fine taste : P. Lilly and Hanako were my favorite routes, too. What did you like about them?

And yes, Kenji's totally amazing. I laugh every time I replay the game despite reading his lines a dozen times over at this point.

Welcome! Just a word of caution on those recommendations above... having just finished Kanon a couple months ago and being in the middle of Katawa Shoujo now, I can say that Kanon's common route is substantially longer than Katawa Shoujo's, and that Kanon common route really starts to drag on by the time you go through it a few times (yes, even if you're skipping a lot). It's still a good VN, though :)

In general, this great post is perfect for getting the lay of the land for English-translated VNs: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2151-50-translated-vns-you-should-read-before-you-die/. To pick one recommendation, I'd suggest Rewrite, if you're up for something longer, since it has a big plot and deep characters.

Welcome! Just a word of caution on those recommendations above... having just finished Kanon a couple months ago and being in the middle of Katawa Shoujo now, I can say that Kanon's common route is substantially longer than Katawa Shoujo's, and that Kanon common route really starts to drag on by the time you go through it a few times (yes, even if you're skipping a lot). It's still a good VN, though :)

In general, this great post is perfect for getting the lay of the land for English-translated VNs: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2151-50-translated-vns-you-should-read-before-you-die/. To pick one recommendation, I'd suggest Rewrite, if you're up for something longer, since it has a big plot and deep characters.