Translation release - OreImo PSP

Decay

http://notcliche.com/ziddy/oreimo-psp-patch/

After many years of translation, the (first) OreImo PSP game is translated. This is more than the standard cheap anime tie-in that comes a dime a dozen on the PSP, it's a full multi-route VN with its own original storylines. I cannot attest to whether or not it's actually good, however. The translation patch is for a reissued/expanded version that came bundled with a sequel/fandisc, although the sequel is currently in translation and has no patch released yet. There was some concern for the translation since it originally was a Chinese to English translation (meaning a translation of a translation), but partway through the process they decided to ditch the chinese translations and it's now fully translated from Japanese. 

So if there are any OreImo fans out there, rejoice!

Is the disc 2 a sequel from the 1 or what?

Yes, disc 2 is the sequel and also contains after stories. The first disc is still a complete story, so it's not like you just stop halfway through.

Oh, totally went off my radar. Glad they're making good progress.

So is this disc 1 10-30 hours?

It is my understanding that it falls into that range, although probably in the low end.

For those who can't wait, the game appears to be compatible with Visual Novel Reader.  So you could hook the text from Disc 2 and keep playing with automated lookup tools.

Is this for an emulator?

I think i read somewhere that PPSSPP now supports text hooking, just curious since i have both discs and would really like to read the 2nd.

Is this for an emulator?

I think i read somewhere that PPSSPP now supports text hooking, just curious since i have both discs and would really like to read the 2nd.

Yes.  To be specific, Visual Novel Reader supports text hooking for compatible game engines using specific versions of PPSSPP.

I have tested VNR with PPSSPP v0.9.9 and got it to work successfully with Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. You just need to set text encoding to UTF-16.

https://sakimichi.wordpress.com/2014/07/21/psp-otome-game-compatibility-and-notes/comment-page-1/

I'd suggest carefully reading the VNR PSP hooking page as the text hooking support is alpha-level: http://sakuradite.com/wiki/en/VNR/PSP

ITH won't work.  It's a feature that's specifically coded into VNR.  And it only works with the PPSSPP emulator.  And not necessarily the latest versions.  And only with certain game engines.

I'm sure the guy who coded PPSSPP couldn't give a damn about Japanese learners trying to play Japanese import titles using his emulator.  He didn't code the support.  The makers of VNR did, probably because many of the good all-ages Japanese VNs are on PSP and therefore it was worth their while.

I'll give a shot at hooking the game with the latest version of PPSSPP, but I suspect I'll have to downgrade to the version mentioned above to get it to work.

Well, I tried to hook the second disk with VNR and it didn't work, even with PPSSPP 0.99.  I got the Otomate hook, but it was fixed to SHIFT-JIS encoding with no option to change it.  By changing the default encoding option to UTF-16 I was able to pick up text threads, but they had a font caching issue (fixable with an H-code perhaps, but we're already dealing with a specialized VNR-specific function, since ITH grabs nothing at all).  My guess is the person who reported success hooking this game either was using an earlier version of the game (not the Tsuzuku version), or he got excited at seeing text threads and didn't verify that the text was being hooked accurately.