Hyperdimension Neptunia+Spin offs

Monmon

I couldn't even get myself to pick that up... personally i'm a NIS fanboy since Disgaea (the very first one) and around the time that Hyperdimension Neptunia came out I had just been burnt twice by some games that somewhat disappointed me (Cross Edge & Trinity Universe).

Please tell me the grind in the Neptunia Series isn't nearly as boring as it is on Trinity Universe (yes i've got a trauma with that one... painful painful platinum), is it?

Reason for the question is that when I noticed that both games were from Idea Factory and/or Compile Heart so... >_>

How is it "better on the Vita" when it's the same game? And ever since an update like a month ago i haven't had the game crash a single time in 30+ hrs of gameplay.

It's not the same game. It's better described as a remake, not a port, with new features, new voice acting, new visuals, and so on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperdimension_Neptunia_%28video_game%29#Hyperdimension_Neptunia_Re.3BBirth_1

You best bet is getting strong enough to grind risky enemies. There's a factory that I forget the name of at this moment, where if you turn on stronger enemies, you can fight these "Baby whales" that are relatively easy and give 3k+ credits per fight, that's how I afforded stuff early on.

Welcome to the club!

Equivalent exchange is required, after all.

My Senran Kagura membership for your HDN membership.  :makina:

It could change since I'm only on chapter 2 but my initial impression is that this is not as good as SK.  I'm interested to see what everyone is talking about though. 

Ah yeah, Mechtro Factory, haven't been able to,launch the game and check. From my experience, that's the easiest risky enemy with the highest payout I ran into during chapters 2/3. And yeah, it's like 3 to 3.5k credits iirc (if not more), which is nice if you need EXP too around that time.

Wow, O.K. you guys weren't joking on the difficulty thing.  There's no curve, it's just go from 1 to 10 between chapters.  I have to say I find that very annoying to what could otherwise be a good game. 

The first part of the boss was fine, then Black Heart shows up and hands my ass to me on a silver platter.  YOU DON'T DO JOINT BOSSES WITH NO HEALS IN CHAPTER 2! THAT'S JUST NOT DONE COMPILE HEART, THAT'S JUST NOT DONE!

I can barely get through mechtro factory now, any other tips for leveling up?

Did you beat White Heart, or as that the part of the story you fight her? Anyway, yeah, I beat her at 14 after grinding at the Ruins for a bit. Pretty sure that is it because I have a lot of kills on those enemies and I remember being there a lot. Clearing a dungeon isn't enough, sometimes you have to grind levels. Once you get higher level and can fight risky enemies, leveling goes by a lot faster though.