Hyperdimension Neptunia+Spin offs

Monmon

i think u can finish the game under level 80.... i finished my first run when my level was 170....  its..GG

but sub-boss(Coliseum) is pretty awesome though.

level 80 eh?......i still have a long way to go  :amane:

i'm in the 7th chapter now...i might actually finish the game before i turn 18..yay...

I'll still love u <3

Well unlock colluseum, use histoir and defeat that bears and see the exp rain

you accept requests there,i'd assume?

Its okay.... be patience my dear padawan. You will finish it in no time.... May the force be with you.

;_;

Question, I noticed IF was hitting a damage cap with her EX, and that the CPUs have the ability to surpass that damage limit (the 9,999). What's the damage that Neptune and them can do (is it even possible to hit their max?) and can you uncap IF's and non-CPU's damage?

gh7iL.jpg

Reporting in: played for a lot of hours today. I prefer not to say how many hours are on my game, especially considering I just started last night.

So far, I'm enjoying it a lot; it's got the mostly-optional grindy goodness that old-timer JRPG players like me crave. I just got my butt kicked by Noire in early Chapter 2 (well, I didn't really get beat all that badly; she was at maybe 50% when I decided I was taking too much damage and should just bail on the fight). I'll go grind up some levels (and some damn equipment, if I can find any...), return, and beat the snot out of her.

So far, IF is best girl, but I'll keep re-evaluating that as the game progresses. The dialog is substantially less cringe-worthy with Japanese voice actors than it was with English voice actors, so that's a major plus.

Question, I noticed IF was hitting a damage cap with her EX, and that the CPUs have the ability to surpass that damage limit (the 9,999). What's the damage that Neptune and them can do (is it even possible to hit their max?) and can you uncap IF's and non-CPU's damage?

No, CPUs don't have that ability.

Or at least, have that ability as something innate.

Only Neptune has that ability as innate.

Last time I checked, I could reach 50k - 80k dps from Neptune Break.

Neptune best girl.

Yes, you can un-cap the damage by unlocking the system plan for breaking the damage limit.

It's quite easy to unlock, but will only be available sometime later in the game.

Reporting in: played for a lot of hours today. I prefer not to say how many hours are on my game, especially considering I just started last night.

So far, I'm enjoying it a lot; it's got the mostly-optional grindy goodness that old-timer JRPG players like me crave. I just got my butt kicked by Noire in early Chapter 2 (well, I didn't really get beat all that badly; she was at maybe 50% when I decided I was taking too much damage and should just bail on the fight). I'll go grind up some levels (and some damn equipment, if I can find any...), return, and beat the snot out of her.

So far, IF is best girl, but I'll keep re-evaluating that as the game progresses. The dialog is substantially less cringe-worthy with Japanese voice actors than it was with English voice actors, so that's a major plus.

You can beat Noire around 10 to 12, but it's possible to beat her at 8 as well.

I beat her at 12 though, because I'm a grindfest maniac.

The thing that they recommend is equipping Life Rings with all of your characters.

Didn't do that, of course.

Also, I liked Neptune's ENG voice.

Both Neptune's and Compa's English voices bothered me (though IIRC, I liked transformed Neptune's English voice fine). I briefly considered switching back to English just to see if I liked IF's voice, but didn't bother.

Looks like I'm level 12, so I should be able to do this easily, but I only tried once and got wrecked when she surprised me with the AoE. Knowing about that, and her apparent fire immunity (which hurt my damage output substantially...), if I just strategize a bit it'll probably come out ok. Also, still using crappy default accessories for all three characters, so maybe I should fix that, but it's probably not really needed. Life rings would certainly make it vastly easier, since I think Compa's healing is percentage-based.

I'm also digging the soundtrack; bouncy, catchy hooks FTW.

Wait... You should really use accessories haha.

I gave Move Memory to IF, Life Ring to Compa, and Soul something to Neptune.

And why would you worry about Noire's fire resistance?

I don't think any of the three use fire consistently...

Unless you spam Demonic Flames and Nepnep's Blaze Break.

Ah, it was just Neptune with the damage uncapped, I just assumed it went for all CPUs. I'm not too worried, since only the final hit of IF's EX is what hits the cap.

I beat Noire at 14. I tried it at like 10, the fight went on for a long time then she 1-hit the whole party when she was at ~30% HP. That's when I started grinding.

A Hyperdimension Neptunia thread! 

Yay!

I asked someone to make a signature of Compa as my waifu but that that was two days ago

so I guess it's not happening. Otherwise my complete fanboying of this series would be more obvious.

Also: relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xVh2uxpNPo

Both Neptune's and Compa's English voices bothered me (though IIRC, I liked transformed Neptune's English voice fine). I briefly considered switching back to English just to see if I liked IF's voice, but didn't bother.

Looks like I'm level 12, so I should be able to do this easily, but I only tried once and got wrecked when she surprised me with the AoE. Knowing about that, and her apparent fire immunity (which hurt my damage output substantially...), if I just strategize a bit it'll probably come out ok. Also, still using crappy default accessories for all three characters, so maybe I should fix that, but it's probably not really needed. Life rings would certainly make it vastly easier, since I think Compa's healing is percentage-based.

I'm also digging the soundtrack; bouncy, catchy hooks FTW.

Only Neptune bothered me in English her Japanese VA sounds far more moe.

Unless you spam Demonic Flames and Nepnep's Blaze Break.

I was hitting Blaze Break (and didn't notice the 0 popping up at first... I did eventually correct that), and I think I also had Hot Edge equipped in Nep-nep's Power combo. So... lots of missed damage. Just finished playing the fight again (without going back and grinding; just switched up combo settings), and no problems this time. Though she also didn't use her AoE at all this time...