Hyperdimension Neptunia+Spin offs

Monmon

On 9/8/2016 at 6:42 AM, Eclipsed said:

I was always meh towards Vita Neptunia limited editions cuz 1. just wait for them to flashsale for like 5 bucks instead of paying l0l $60+ or 2. wait for it to go on steam and captain jack sparrow it

but fk, the superdimension neptunia sega is actually pretty nifty and really tickles my collector's instinct since you'll get a vita skin and a iffy pillow case in addition to the standard ost+artbook

still expensive af tho @ $64.99 http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/NepSega_LE/

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls Limited Edition

preorders start on the 15th this month.

Have they made the fighting mechanics deeper from the last spin off like this?

• 1 month later...

I finally willpowered myself into continuing Re;birth 3, though as usual I'll be moving at snail's pace from here on out. 

Chapter 7, l0l at how Yellow Heart usurps Vert's defining niche

~~
^Whoops i forgot to respond to Extramana :makina:

More or less Zombies' gameplay is the same as Action Unleashed, with maybe a few quality of life improvements here and there. I didn't get very far in it yet though 

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

I finally willpowered myself into continuing Re;birth 3, though as usual I'll be moving at snail's pace from here on out. 

Chapter 7, l0l at how Yellow Heart usurps Vert's defining niche

~~
^Whoops i forgot to respond to Extramana :makina:

More or less Zombies' gameplay is the same as Action Unleashed, with maybe a few quality of life improvements here and there. I didn't get very far in it yet though 

I quit rebirth 3 after the 2 hours tbh. I just couldn't deal with the repetitive battling that happens in those games.

Re;Birth 3 is kind of a hit-or-miss one. It'll work if you can highly enjoy Plutia for what she is. It  probably won't, otherwise.

By the way, I highly recommend VII. It's just so much better than all of the Re;Birth titles in every possible way, to me. 

13 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Re;Birth 3 is kind of a hit-or-miss one. It'll work if you can highly enjoy Plutia for what she is. It  probably won't, otherwise.

By the way, I highly recommend VII. It's just so much better than all of the Re;Birth titles in every possible way, to me. 

I played the first hour or two of VII and it just felt like more of the same, but having to re-level my party..again was too much.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking the next game I might play out of my long backlog is Neptunia.. but I'm confused by all the games in this series. Is Megadimension Neptunia VII the only non-spinoff one for PC? Or are those Re;Birth ones ports of the console games? If so, do I need to play through all the Re;Birth ones before I can understand what's going on in VII? (That's kind of a big commitment and I'm scared of those :P)

There's the original three Hyperdimension Neptunia games on PS3 that were remade into the three Re;births on Vita/Steam and then Megadimension V-II on PS4/Steam

Re;birth1's in its own timeline, 2 & 3 and maybe V-II are in the same timeline but they're mostly standalone and aren't dependent on each other

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

There's the original three Hyperdimension Neptunia games on PS3 that were remade into the three Re;births on Vita/Steam and then Megadimension V-II on PS4/Steam

Re;birth1's in its own timeline, 2 & 3 and maybe V-II are in the same timeline but they're mostly standalone and aren't dependent on each other

I see, thanks for the explanation. I think I'll play VII first and save the others for later, then.

Edited by Barktooth
Punctuation

9 hours ago, Barktooth said:

I see, thanks for the explanation. I think I'll play VII first and save the others for later, then.

Definitely wouldn't recommend that. VII does depend quite a bit on Re3 and it assumes that you already know all the characters and their traits. Re1 is the best introduction to the series, then skip  Re2 (it is the worst one of the bunch but without it you won't really get to know the imoutos), then Re3 and finish with VII. Otherwise you will have tons of references to the earlier works with no way to understand them. Another reason is that the gameplay improved with every new game so it would feel very strange to start with the last one.

Edited by Seth

2 hours ago, Seth said:

Definitely wouldn't recommend that. VII does depend quite a bit on Re3 and it assumes that you already know all the characters and their traits. Re1 is the best introduction to the series, then skip  Re2 (it is the worst one of the bunch but without it you won't really get to know the imoutos), then Re3 and finish with VII. Otherwise you will have tons of references to the earlier works with no way to understand them. Another reason is that the gameplay improved with every new game so it would feel very strange to start with the last one.

2 hours ago, Kaguya said:

I think it's fine if you go and play VII first. 

Dammit you guys, now I'm conflicted. Maybe I'll play Re1 first after all, though it will probably take me 10 years to get to VII this way.

Yeah you can technically just dive into V-II and while you won't really miss out on the 10% main plot elements focused on baddies like Arfoire and Deity of Sin trying to take over Gamindustri, you'll naturally miss out on all the other 90% little nuances and references and nepu-memes to the previous games (they do ALOT of those, ie. Re;birth 3 loves to pick on Re;birth 2's Nepgear for being a flop of a protagonist) along with not having all those games' worth of getting to know the characters and thus getting completely fed up with all of Compa's desu spams

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2016 at 10:21 PM, Cassian said:

Does anyone know where can I read news about Neptunia? Like an official forum or board or something? or with RSS feed? :)

Idea Factory Facebook page has all the news about Hyperdimension Neptunia products, releases, beta's, etc. https://www.facebook.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/

• 5 months later...