Hyperdimension Neptunia+Spin offs

Monmon

Guess I will.

By the way, I know everyone's CPU preferences by now, but do y'all have any favorite human characters?

I actually really like Chika... Mostly because her design is pretty good and her copying Vert's skills is pretty cute. 

As far as the horacles go, I actually prefer Histoire... But I wouldn't put her in the human category.

Those 4 aside, I look favorably on IF (didn't care for her, but seeing loli IF being a little chuuni kid in NepNep 3 pushed her over the edge) and Cave (me playing tons of danmaku might be related to that)... MAGES. is also fun but she's not quite that remarkable to me.

Purple Heart > Neptune = Plutia < Iris Heart < White Heart = Black Heart > Vert < Green Heart = Purple Sister = Black Sister > Rom = Ram = White Sisters > Noire < Uni >>>> Rei Ryghts < Peashy < Yellow Heart > Arfoire

IF = MAGES > All < 5pb. > Dengekiko = Famitsu < Gust

Croire > Histoire = Mina > Chika < Kei

Conclusion, I have absolutely no idea who I really like in the HDN universe. Maybe that'll change once I start playing Megadimension VII....

Uhh.. humans... **googles**

My favorite party member was Falcom, just purely off looks, didn't really care for the human characters much. I remember liking Financier in Rebirth 1 but don't remember much about it.

Also, I should really get to doing Conquest some day. I've been saved at the beginning of it forever now while I slowly slowly slowly work on the final achievement of NepNep1. Currently at 20/100mil Credits :komari: 

So we're ranking waifus?

Neptune > Noire > Vert >= Blanc

I dunno man. Noire's appearance is just so off the charts. But Neptune's still best.

Then for the candidates...

Uni > Nepgear > Rom > Ram

I don't hate Ram to death, but she's the least likable from the cast in R;B2. Disregarding humans, of course. :makina:

For humans, I don't really remember them all, but my favorite has got to be either Falcom (RB1) or Tekken. Their looks just blow all the others away. Cave comes close though.

For the oracles, Chika's my favorite. Chika's Chikas too good.

Everyone's doing a full count, huh.

Guess I'll do it too. 

>Insert Nepgear peer pressure joke here. 

From most liked to least:

Neptune, Plutia, Histoire, Nepgear, Blanc, Vert, IF, Kei, Chika, Noire, Rom, Ram, Uni, Mina, Compa, Peashy.

...That's kinda the whole important cast, right?  

Also yay, was able to go full Nepgear for avatar/banner/sig. 

She's like the love child of Histoire and NepNep and we both probably agree the best character in the series is her sister, so I guess she fits me enough!

I've always had trouble ranking characters...

Chika > Mina > Histy & Kei

Vert > Blanc & Noire (Kinda hard to chose between them) > Neptune

I don't think I can rank the candidates, Gold Third, other goddesses or makers :/

11 minutes ago, Vert said:

I've always had trouble ranking characters...

Chika > Mina > Histy & Kei

Vert > Blanc & Noire (Kinda hard to chose between them) > Neptune

I don't think I can rank the candidates, Gold Third, other goddesses or makers :/

Gold Third? 

Oh, are they from Megadimension? I'm looking forward to playing that one. 

I'm also unfamiliar with the term makers. 

Guess there's a lot in the universe to check out, huh. That's pretty nice.

I just started playing Neptunia less than a month ago. For now I've done the three remakes and Neptunia U. 

...Actually, can anyone here point me to another direction? I dunno what's still left in the Nepverse. 

9 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

Gold Third? 

Oh, are they from Megadimension? I'm looking forward to playing that one. 

I'm also unfamiliar with the term makers. 

Guess there's a lot in the universe to check out, huh. That's pretty nice.

I just started playing Neptunia less than a month ago. For now I've done the three remakes and Neptunia U. 

...Actually, can anyone here point me to another direction? I dunno what's still left in the Nepverse. 

Makers = Compa, IF, 5pb, Gust (My fav, but she's gone forever.), Nisa, Cave, Falcom, MAGES., Marvelous, Broccoli, RED

Gold Third = C-Sha, B-Sha, S-Sha, K-Sha from Megadimension

You play on PC? The only PC game you haven't named is Hyperdevotion Noire.

6 minutes ago, Vert said:

Makers = Compa, IF, 5pb, Gust (My fav, but she's gone forever.), Nisa, Cave, Falcom, MAGES., Marvelous, Broccoli, RED

Gold Third = C-Sha, B-Sha, S-Sha, K-Sha from Megadimension

You play on PC? The only PC game you haven't named is Hyperdevotion Noire.

Oh. Noire has her own game, huh. 

Yeah, I do play on PC. 

I'll check that out, but I'm not really a fan of Noire. 

I heard there was a light novel series. Wonder about that. 

18 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

Yeah, I do play on PC. 

There's plenty of HDN material outside their own game.

Anime:
Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation
Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation OVA
Manga: 
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Megami Tsuushin
Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation: Hello New World
Hyperdimension Neptunia (Adaptation of the anime)
Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation Comic Anthology
Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation - Dengeki Comic Anthology
Light Novel:
Hyperdimension Neptunia: High School
Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation: The Two Blazing Days of TGS

7 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Yeah, I do play on PC. 

Noire game is a strategy RPG. Don't know anything else beyond that though. Don't care all that much about Noire other than Neptune's constant loner jabs at her, so never bothered looking into it.

I'll be playing Noire's game soonish. I'm actually into SRPGs, after all.

For now, I'm just having fun with the NepNep anime. 

...I didn't like it too much, to be honest, but it's not bad... More like it was intended for people who are already fans of the series, I guess.

Funniest part so far was the punchline of the episode when Gear and NepNep go kill some dogoos and their shares increase. Currently, Plutia just showed up. 

20 hours ago, Ceris said:

Noire game is a strategy RPG. Don't know anything else beyond that though. Don't care all that much about Noire other than Neptune's constant loner jabs at her, so never bothered looking into it.

>Not liking Noire when Annoydeath is stalking her.

That part is great too, you know!

...Yeah, Noire is at her best to me when people are making fun of her. She's actually pretty cute when she's flustered. 

20 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

...Yeah, Noire is at her best to me when people are making fun of her. She's actually pretty cute when she's flustered. 

That's her running gag in Victory, I feel like she's used as a punching bag more than Nepgear. I like Noire, she's not bad, but I like more of the other CPUs better. I'll play the spinoffs eventually just not right now I guess.

20 hours ago, Blanc said:

Hellos then :P I have been planning on buying Producing Perfection any opinions on it?

That game is more of a dating simish thing if I got to say. You can check out some gameplay to understand what I mean. If you don't mind stepping out of the norm of what you usually expect from a Neptunia game than you can check it out. I'm still deciding whether to try it out or not myself.

Hyperdevotion Noire is an interesting one, because there's actually a nameless-faceless-male-protagonist (gasp!!!) who's part of the story now and  he ends up being Noire's trusty secretary, allowing for some decent banter at times:

Spoiler

3a6mwGo.jpg (960×544)

JYnVCoc.jpg (960×544)

VzvjZR4.jpg (960×544)

Whatta tool

The strategy RPG combat is simplistic turn-based grid system where you move your chibi(!) units around and kill everything in sight with some special / annoying win conditions thrown in every now and then; I'd say it falls in the mediocre-below average category in terms of enjoyability. The late game battles/missions can really start to get tedious, like 30 minutes tedious.

XSLqRLA.jpg (960×544)
CHIBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

All in all it's really only worth if you're a fan of Noire herself. The game's alll about her in this one, naturally.

~~
Producing Perfection... I've heard nothing but bad things about it, though I do want to check it out one day. Hell, supposedly since it was so bad it was the only side game that they decided wasn't worth to port to Steam :makina: 

2 hours ago, Vert said:

I didn't like the anime too much either. I love SRPG, but that secretary kinda makes me afraid to try Noire's game.

Is it because, since you love them, you don't want to see Neptunia make a bad one?

I need to finish the anime still, only made it through epinside 7 so far. I believe that episode was taken directly from Re;Birth 3, so maybe I should compete that game before continuing... Still in Chapter 5 of that one.

6 hours ago, Ceris said:

Is it because, since you love them, you don't want to see Neptunia make a bad one?

I need to finish the anime still, only made it through epinside 7 so far. I believe that episode was taken directly from Re;Birth 3, so maybe I should compete that game before continuing... Still in Chapter 5 of that one.

Nah, I say it solely due to the stuff I've heard and seen about the secretary. I'd play it in a heartbeat if it weren't for that, especially since I like Sting games.

On 5/17/2016 at 0:47 AM, Blanc said:

Hellos then :P I have been planning on buying Producing Perfection any opinions on it?

23 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Producing Perfection... I've heard nothing but bad things about it, though I do want to check it out one day. Hell, supposedly since it was so bad it was the only side game that they decided wasn't worth to port to Steam :makina: 

Hahahahahahaha...

Don't buy that game, guys. There's really nothing good about it imo. It would be nice, if it had more than five songs.

If you want to be able to ogle the goddesses while they do the five dances that are available to them with it being the gameplay itself, then sure, go buy it. It's really not worth it though.

It would have been more enjoyable with songs.

Well, if you like a dating sim kind of game for Neptunia, then that's your game. Although I'll tell you that it's really unsatisfying.

Heh. Good thing they didn't port that shit to the PC. Would have been rekt by all the players.

14 hours ago, KosakiFag said:

Hahahahahahaha...

Don't buy that game, guys. There's really nothing good about it imo. It would be nice, if it had more than five songs.

If you want to be able to ogle the goddesses while they do the five dances that are available to them with it being the gameplay itself, then sure, go buy it. It's really not worth it though.

It would have been more enjoyable with songs.

Well, if you like a dating sim kind of game for Neptunia, then that's your game. Although I'll tell you that it's really unsatisfying.

Heh. Good thing they didn't port that shit to the PC. Would have been rekt by all the players.

What about Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed, I haven't heard a peep about that game yet. Also the Blanc spin-off game that just came out?:huh:

The Noire spin off seems interesting enough to give it a try, it's not like the battle system can get any more repetitive than it does in the Neptunia games. Also I love chibis.:miyako:

6 minutes ago, Leaf said:

What about Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed, I haven't heard a peep about that game yet. Also the Blanc spin-off game that just came out?:huh:

The Noire spin off seems interesting enough to give it a try, it's not like the battle system can get any more repetitive than it does in the Neptunia games. Also I love chibis.:miyako:

Oh, I played action unleashed.

It's kinda fun. There isn't all that much enemy variety and it's not too hard, but it's nice to just slash away and kill a bunch of mobs with NepNep.

The story isn't really large, but it's also kinda fun, though it doesn't get to the level of the main games.

There's also the whole costume-break thingy, if you like that.  

From what I can see, Blanc's game is a lot like Action Unleashed, though I haven't played that one yet. It's probably better.

So, I started up Noire's game.

Well...

e6Ebpdq.jpg

My thoughts exactly. I'd much rather play as anyone else's secretary. Especially Neptune's. That'd be a blast. But hey, Noire is also ok, I guess.

We'll see how this goes. I'll be giving updates regularly.

The faceless secretary is actually kinda funny, by the way. I can dig him so far. He isn't the best thing ever, but it's still a better protagonist than Nepgear, lol (joking.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hyperdevotion Noire ~

I've started playing it to get back the Neps I lost, putting off things is a habit of mine.:P

Almost got KO'ed in Estelle's and Ein Al's battle, close calls man. I miss Neptune and Nepgear as the main characters though, it's not like I don't like Noire it's just she seems so normal compared to the other CPUs by comparison. She's just not funny unless people tease her or point out her tsundereness! Her interactions with the secretary are also luke warm like i'm watching some under achieving rom com. Luckily the other characters make up for more of the fun and moe of the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Megadimension Neptunia VII’s Windows PC port has a launch date. Idea Factory International will bring the JRPG to Steam on July 5, 2016. Between July 5 and 11, 2016, a 40% discount will be in effect.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/24/megadimension-neptunia-vii-comes-steam-july-5-2016/#OdcVlRwHCf2gvyQW.99

I still haven't done Re;birth 3, too busy with Trails games ._.