Hyperdimension Neptunia+Spin offs

Monmon

Speaking of idols, just so we have some discussiony-ishness, apparently the only localized Hyperdimension Vita game I don't have is Producing Perfection. Thoughts on that? I heard it was subpar to below average to outright shit

Gotta admit the Nep sisters look miiiighty fine in it though.

Ahahahahahahahahaha. If you like doing panty shots and revolving around your character with a selection of only five songs, in which one is unlocked only at the end of the story of each character, then sure, pick it up. I would have recommended it if it had more songs, but not everyone can be happy, I guess. I just play to dress the girls up. Sadly, the game's pretty tiring since it's kinda boring. It's a drag to finish it again and again. But yeah, trophies. I don't think you care about trophies though.

I don't even think I saw that CG in the game.

Also, I don't hate Vert. She's tied with Blanc. Noire's my least favorite, but she's still the prettiest.

Also, Nozomi best LL.

Figured it out with a friend, it's a Steam Trading Card. I knew I saw it from somewhere and didn't find it in game, but friend linked me it.

http://steamtradingcards.wikia.com/wiki/Hyperdimension_Neptunia_ReBirth3_V_Generation_-_Neptune_%26_Nepgear

It's actually from a scene of ReBirth3 after you get the true ending. The idol pictures of the other CPUs are also from there.

Figured it out with a friend, it's a Steam Trading Card. I knew I saw it from somewhere and didn't find it in game, but friend linked me it.

http://steamtradingcards.wikia.com/wiki/Hyperdimension_Neptunia_ReBirth3_V_Generation_-_Neptune_%26_Nepgear

It's actually from a scene of ReBirth3 after you get the true ending. The idol pictures of the other CPUs are also from there.

Well, there's the answer. I have RB3, but only got ~5 chapters in and pushed it to the side to start working on grinding out the remaining achievements in RB1 and RB2. 

• 1 month later...

A little (shameless ress) useless report because NepGear is love, Blanc is life; and I feel like writing/sharing.

After a good amount of time, I've completed Re;Birth2's album (which means that I've done all 9 endings):

Spoiler

Uf9o4Gh.jpg

As a side quest, I leveled lily ranks:

Spoiler

guesiAj.jpg

Here is my "final" data:

Spoiler

lR0rUwf.png

That's all folks, thanks for attention. Now i'm off to play Re;Birth3 :wafuu:

13 hours ago, SakashimA said:

A little (shameless ress) useless report because NepGear is love, Blanc is life; and I feel like writing/sharing.

After a good amount of time, I've completed Re;Birth2's album (which means that I've done all 9 endings):

Reveal hidden contents

Uf9o4Gh.jpg

As a side quest, I leveled lily ranks:

Reveal hidden contents

guesiAj.jpg

Here is my "final" data:

Hide contents

lR0rUwf.png

That's all folks, thanks for attention. Now i'm off to play Re;Birth3 :wafuu:

337 hours and all 9 endings aka 9 NG+ grinds wtf, you are a patient, beautiful, loyal Hyperdimension soldier, enjoy RB3 ^_^

That's some crazy stuff, and here I thought my 80 hours on NepNep1 was a lot. Lately, if I'm playing any of the Re;Birth games, it's always #1 because I'm slowly chipping away at the last achievements, now the only one remaining is the one for 100million credits. I'm only at 4mil total earned atm, so I have a long way to go :amane: 

Spoiler

mT3ra.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow Blanc-lovers, Noire-haters, Vert-followers, Neptune-muted, and all others waifus of choice Hyperdimension-lovers.

Welcome to another SakashimA's Rebirth & Advert Post  :mare:. This time with Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed on Steam

As a non-story driven, hack 'n' slash game; I'll pass this one.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Novel21 said:

What it's name of first part of Hyperdimension Neptunia serie?

The games first came out on PS3 (bolded names will  be the 'first part' of the series)

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk II

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Then they made REMAKES of the first three for PS Vita / Steam

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 3

Then there are SPIN-OFF games

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart 

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

14 hours ago, Ceris said:

If you're interested, I'd suggest going for the Rebirth games, the original Neptunia isn't all that good, but the remake, Rebirth 1, is a great example of the series.

The Rebirth games are horrible downgrades of the originals in nearly every regard and I don't understand why people don't see this. Like, did you even notice what made the originals games so great? Because nothing of this is left over in the remakes.

The only thing that speaks for Rebirth 1 is the fact that the gameplay in the first Neptunia is indeed terrible, no sugarcoating possible. But still, the original script is way superior to the remake's even though the translation of the first Rebirth game is actually quite good because it wasn't ruined by Nick Doerr, unlike the others.

There is no ambiguity with the other two games though. Those are in every regard inferior to their original counterpart.
Neptunia mk2 was a very intelligent and witty commentary on the video game scene and on the Japanese otaku scene in general. The metaphors for the different topics it discussed were spot-on, story and characters were quite deep and thought-provoking. Nothing of this was left over in the remake. In fact, they killed every single instance of profundity by rewriting the story and the characters into a dumb moe fest while completely ruining the original point of the original story. (Not to mention that they dared to ruin the best ending (Conquest) by giving it a cheap cop-out ending and thus killing the point of it all.)
Neptunia V wasn't a very deep game compared to mk2, so the remake couldn't ruin the story as much as it did for the second game, but instead here they completely ruined the best aspect of the third Neptunia game; the actual gameplay. Considering that every Rebirth game is based on Victory's game engine, I can't even fathom how it was possible to ruin this perfectly good gameplay system, but alas they did. They took every bit complexity, challenge and fun out of it and delivered instead a bland, linear, dead easy and totally forgettable experience. No evaluation after a chapter anymore which motivates you do to better and do quests earlier. No hard dungeons to explore early on because in the remake you never have the items to unlock them which means you can only unlock dungeons at specific points in the story when you are far overpowered already, so no challenge at all. Just to name a few issues with this.

By the way, all three Rebirth games have exactly the same gameplay problems. They use Victory's engine and are implementing it so boringly redundant and tediously easy, there is no fun left. I said the gameplay in the first Neptunia was terrible, but at least you can remember it for how bad it was. Rebirth's system however is just boringly forgettable.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just finished Rebirth 1.

It was ok, I guess. I liked Fairy Fencer F over it, though I actually liked Fairy Fencer F, unlike most of the people I see talking about it here.

Starting out Rebirth 2 now.

Nepgear is... Not Neptune. I have absolutely no idea if I liked Neptune or not (well, I liked her over the other CPUs, at the very least, but that isn't much), so feel free to take that statement as you wish. 

As for @Tyrosyn, this last post of yours got me interested. I'm perfectly fine with the gameplay and the art is nice (I don't really care for comments on the game industry, either, since I don't normally play games and it's just not appealing to me in the first place.), but you got me with the story being less profound. 

If you'd mind, could you give me some examples of that? It's fine if you don't want to, too. If it looks like the story in MK2 is that much better, I might as well play it instead. 

Nepgear is not Neptune. +1

Tyrosyn is just a butthurt purist, there's a reason the originals got utterly shat on whereas the remakes still got shat on but not as severe.

Though, I've never played the originals, so I'd like to see some more specific examples as well :P

9 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Nepgear is not Neptune. +1

Tyrosyn is just a butthurt purist, there's a reason the originals got utterly shat on whereas the remakes still got shat on but not as severe.

Though, I've never played the originals, so I'd like to see some more specific examples as well :P

It's all I got on her after she started whining in the first fight :makina:

From the previous game, looks-wise, my favorite character would be Blanc (non-transformed) - Her personality doesn't appeal too much to me, though she might stil become my favorite. I'm not really sure how I feel about any of the characters, lol. 

When we're talking about their transformations, Neptune looks better, though. 

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason I completely forgot Histoire existed. She looks better than all of them. By a lot. 

I've been playing Rebirth 2 and damn, this got pretty dark really fast. 

Spoiler

Just killed Noire and Uni. I'm pretty surprised here. It's like the game was the same happy stuff as always, then BAM. 

Z3UwFVz.jpg

Neptune is the best girl, by the way. 

9 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

I've been playing Rebirth 2 and damn, this got pretty dark really fast. 

Reveal hidden contents

Just killed Noire and Uni. I'm pretty surprised here. It's like the game was the same happy stuff as always, then BAM. 

Z3UwFVz.jpg

Neptune is the best girl, by the way. 

You managed to get a specific... interesting ending route

5 minutes ago, Ceris said:

Reveal hidden contents

You managed to get a specific... interesting ending route

Spoiler

I'm not too happy about it, seeing how things are going :marie: 

QMaltwI.jpg

Ynoi7As.jpg

And there goes the best-looking CPU and her imoutos. I'm surprised they had the courage to do something like that in a game like Neptunia. 

Tbh, I'm more or less fine so long as Neptune survives. Having to kill her would really suck.