Hyperdimension Neptunia+Spin offs

Monmon

I forgot to buy the first one in the Steam sale. I already have it for Vita though. Does anyone know if the PC port is simply upscaled, or does it have extra features or something? 

Just an upscale. From what I know, everything else seems to be the same. That is, story, equipment, so on and so forth. Even DLCs are the same.

Done with the Lowee stuff.   I get Ram is like 5, but that doesn't make me hate her any less. 

I'm actually Ram > Rom, but I like them both. I see that our tastes never seem to align in this series.

Really powerful magic user though. I use Rom and Ram in my party, both at 3K int, pretty much double the main stat of every other character.

I've always noticed that Rom would be stronger than Ram in my party. It might have something to do with the elemental property of their attacks though. I give Ram the non-elemental magic, while Rom gets the elemental ones. Probably something to do with that.

I think it was around the end of Chapter 2, you get a huge 512 MB item. At least, i thought it was chapter 2, I haven't paid too much attention to what chapter I'm in :P

Edit: Yeah, it was in Chapter 2, I'm not 100% sure when, but I'm still in Chapter 2 and got that 512 MB item

Yeah, Chapter 2 was rough.

Edit: I now know I'm still in chapter 2, I was having troublee at level 10, then eventually got strong enough to kill a risky enemy in "Virtual Forest - Depths" that was worth 750 EXP and started slowly farming him. Right now still in Chapter 2, I'm level 24 grinding to get EXE and then will continue on.

Rescued Rom and Ram.  Any party advice?  Right now I'm using Nepgear, Red, Rom, and Cave.  

That party works for that part, later on I usually replace Red with Uni because Uni's rush attacks can fill up the EXE pretty quickly

Nepgear, Cave, Uni, Rom was my main party up to ~Lvl800 or 900ish, Cave kicks so much ass, and her EXE Drive was damn useful for the Lvl699 Colosseum fights because with the Super Exe Drive Plan and a decent Disc it fills up ~50% of one EXE bar while it's being executed, that helps out a lot

For the Lvl999 fights I had to replace Cave with Blanc though, because I needed someone who could do lots of Guard damage

At least now I have the ultimate weapons for all the characters^^

Holy Sword Ending spoiler:

that damn sword isn't even the best in the game for Nepgear

I just hate Uni so much though... 

This taste...

Just go for Uni. Trust me.

Anyway, my party's composed of Uni, Nepgear, Vert and Rom right now. You'll find it useful in Colosseum fights.

I do believe that Cave's also useful, but her damage is just so subpar. I guess I'll know once I get her strongest weapon or something.

Uni is a terrible Tsun, not even a good one.  It's like Marie in P4, just way over the top. 

Honestly I don't get why you're so obsessed with Rom/Ram, they do less damage than most other characters.  Right now I'm using Nepgear/Uni, Cave/Tekken, Falcom and Rom/Red.  I can't really decide who I like (Aside from Falcom, she may take best girl). 

So I'm on chapter 4 now, what should I do?

Also please, you know I'll never do the Colosseum.  :makina:

Uni is a terrible Tsun, not even a good one.  It's like Marie in P4, just way over the top. 

Honestly I don't get why you're so obsessed with Rom/Ram, they do less damage than most other characters.  Right now I'm using Nepgear/Uni, Cave/Tekken, Falcom and Rom/Red.  I can't really decide who I like (Aside from Falcom, she may take best girl). 

So I'm on chapter 4 now, what should I do?

Also please, you know I'll never do the Colosseum.  :makina:

Rom is one of my favorite characters in the franchise (and is my Steam avatar), and it's fitting to me to have both sisters in the party. In all games, it always feels weird to me to separate siblings, especially twins. I haven't even gotten them yet (going to Lowee now in Chapter 3) but in Re;Birth 1, Ram ended up setting my highest damage record almost by herself.

Rom is one of my favorite characters in the franchise (and is my Steam avatar), and it's fitting to me to have both sisters in the party. In all games, it always feels weird to me to separate siblings, especially twins. I haven't even gotten them yet (going to Lowee now in Chapter 3) but in Re;Birth 1, Ram ended up setting my highest damage record almost by herself.

But how?  I tried both elemental and physical magic and both are terrible most of the time. 

Robotic being weak to magic should be true, but for some reason the damage is still all over the place...

I tested it with some robo enemy in the colosseum and, well...

Nepgear:

Power Combo, 60 Power, neutral physical

wwaneHU.jpg18a1QXT.jpg

Blanc:

Power Combo, 60 Power, neutral physical

Xa5PZXo.jpgouWB7cO.jpg

Rom:

Power Combo, 48 Power, fire magical

cfZ4b9C.jpgHSxzAXf.jpg

So shouldn't at least Neps and Blancs damage be the same since all the relevant stats are the same? Does anyone know the formula used for the damage calculations?

Anyways, to be completely honest I think there's no such thing as a completely terrible party setup (okay, maybe Compa+Broccoli+5pb+Mina or something...) at least in the early game, you should be able to make it through the first playthrough - and the story part of future playthroughs - with any most parties, only later when you unlock dungeons for Lvl100+ you might wanna get a better combination maybe

They're fated to have higher attack power than the makers. Trust me man. You'll be wrecking havoc on the enemies once you get their strongest weapons. Though I can understand not using them right now. Just level them up and give them good equipment. Rom and Ram destroy enemies, trust me. I'd advise you to give one elemental magic and the other one non-elemental, because one type of magic is weaker than the other for some enemies. For example, some Killachines are resistant against fire-type elemental attacks, so if you gave Rom elemental-type power attacks (which the strongest of is Fire Storm iirc), Rom will not be dealing high damage as opposed to Ram, assuming you gave Ram non-elemental magic. Just mix it up.

So shouldn't at least Neps and Blancs damage be the same since all the relevant stats are the same? Does anyone know the formula used for the damage calculations?

Nope. Nepgear's passive abilities make her automatically stronger than Blanc in terms of overall capacity to do damage to enemies. It doesn't really matter if Nepgear's enemy is resistant to physical damage or not. She has the passive ability 'Ignore Enemy something'. I can't really remember the exact term, but you can see it if you push the square button on their Status screen. Blanc doesn't have that, so her damage is automatically nuked if the enemy is resistant to physical damage. Blanc's main use is a tank, after all. Though I have problems believing that too, seeing that Nepgear seems to receive lower damage than Blanc. I can't pinpoint why though.

Noire also has the same ability, so she's actually supposed to be better than Neptune in most cases. But why would I not use best girl, right? 

>Implying I haven't been just spamming Nepgear at all the enemies

Anyways, to be completely honest I think there's no such thing as a completely terrible party setup (okay, maybe Compa+Broccoli+5pb+Mina or something...)

Ayyy lmao