Random Thoughts: Weird pulls towards the past and future. Also: Happy Birthday, Ryoji!

Tay

Two years ago, today, I was pulling out all the stops trying to get Aaeru and Steve (the last two hold-outs!) to contribute a quote to Ryoji's Happy Birthday/Get Well card. He was pretty sick at the time, and we were all worried about him. Aaeru wasn't really good at that sort of thing, and Steve was still enjoying the thrill of being obnoxious ( :P) (< 3 steve), and I pretty much had to ruthlessly guilt-trip them into oblivion to make it happen. I still remember sitting in my grandparents' kitchen thinking about how time was running out: it was 11:00 PM my time (10P Ryoji's time) and the card still hadn't come together. I was madly hunting Steve down (PMs, chat channels, email -- whatever it took), and Aaeru was "idk what to say O.O"-ing for an hour over it. But I was close. So close.

... aaaand it didn't end up coming together in time. THANKS AAERU ( :P) (< 3 aaeru). But that's okay: I did end up eventually getting extracting the quotes and sent him the card a day late. I don't think he'd mind if I shared it, so here it is for the memories:

16332395948_20b95747ac_o_d.jpg

Fast forward two years to 2015. A lot has changed. A lot has stayed the same (such as the Gravity Green 2013 theme for all of those who haven't sold out to be FuwaFabulous). I had this very weird moment as I logged in today to wish Ryoji a happy birthday and started typing on his profile page where I realized that just one program over -- one ALT+TAB away -- in OneNote I have charted the next year or more of Fuwanovel's future. I had this crazy moment of deja vu and nostalgia oddly juxtaposed against all of the new plans. There were a lot of complex emotions.

So. What am I saying? I suppose I simply wanted to take a moment to thank everyone on Fuwanovel for being here. Yes, it's just a hobby site, but I've made a lot of friends here and I have a lot of fun together with you. I think a lot of us have funny little FuwaMemories like this we occasionally remember, and that makes me happy. The next few months are going to be bumpy -- I'm dealing with some new site issues which will be tricky to resolve (but possible, thanks to Nay's jedi guidance and help) -- but I promise to do my best to make sure Fuwanovel is here in another two years, and two more after that. After all, somebody has to wish Ryoji a happy birthday 'round here. : )

Happy Birthday, Ryoji. And DrKleiner! And Fiya, Khodan, and Hidekyu! -- And Keaton and Checkmate!

Edited by Tay
Tolerance

Actually this day is strangely full of birthdays. Not only Ryoji and Kleiner but also Griievious (newly named Keaton) and Checkmate.

Well, happy birthday to everyone!

I realized that just one program over -- one ALT+TAB away -- in OneNote I have charted the next 3 years of Fuwanovel's future.

Now that's pretty crazy.

Its things like this post (and the email i got from you Tay) that remind me just how awesome the Fuwanovel community is.  Travel and life has kept me away, but Fuwa is always in my heart.  You guys kick major ass and im glad to see that Fuwanovel continues to grow and expand. THank you for the blast from the past Tay, ill never forget that day you guys gave me that card. Truely epic.

So tonight, i will raise a pint, and toast the awesomness that is the Fuwanovel Community.  Vegas here I come

Cheers,

Ryoji

iz8guu.jpg

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kleiner, Keaton and Checkmate!!!!

Its things like this post (and the email i got from you Tay) that remind me just how awesome the Fuwanovel community is.  Travel and life has kept me away, but Fuwa is always in my heart.  You guys kick major ass and im glad to see that Fuwanovel continues to grow and expand. THank you for the blast from the past Tay, ill never forget that day you guys gave me that card. Truely epic.

So tonight, i will raise a pint, and toast the awesomness that is the Fuwanovel Community.  Vegas here I come

Cheers,

Ryoji

Holy shit you actually came back (even if it's just for this thread)! I hope you have a great birthday. I really miss your presence on the forums. Those first few months I spent here during March, April, and May of 2013 were some of my favorite largely in thanks to you and Tay. May this year be filled with great new anime to watch!   

The memories of the apocalyptic fuwa... Where spamming Gaming threads was still a good source of post counts and the highest post count was only less than 1500... It was a time filled with IRC/TS3 Quotes. More to the lulz of everyone...

Happy Birthday, Ryoji...

My utmost contrafibularities on this auspicious occasion, even if belated.

And I assure you, I know how much the apparent interest and care of human beings (or so we're led to believe) on the other side of the internet can mean.

I myself am left greatly overjoyed on such instances. Now, if only I got around to express that as a fact instead of cold-heartedly dismissing everything... But that's another story.