Unhack

InvertMouse

The folks here have been kind enough to give me permission to share my game on this forum, so here it is:

M7O4rOA.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yav8HXPlR8g

http://unhack.invertmouse.com/game/

If anyone bumps into any problems while running the game, please let me know and I'll do my best to help. Feedback will be appreciated. Questions are very welcome.

A new episode of Unhack will be released about once a month. At the moment, the story is planned to stretch on for around ten episodes.

Here is the episode status:

Episode 1: Released

Episode 2: Released

Episode 3: Released

Episode 4: Released

Episode 5: Released

Episode 6: Released

Episode 7: Released

Episode 8: Released

Episode 9: Released

Episode 10: Released

Thank you everyone m(_ _)m.

EDIT: What a cool and unique game. I love it!! How many episodes are there goint to be??

Seriously great music and the atmosphere is really cool. Not to mention Weedy is cute as hell!!

Her reaction when Unhacker mentions chocolate is priceless!!

Gah it cant end like that. We need more Unhack now!!!

Really cool and inventive game Mouse. Great job!! I got through the 2 episodes

A² is cute and I cant wait to see what kind of trouble she will bring.

(me)B).................. (Aaeru):angry:..................

Thank you Ryoji! Your feedback inspires me to keep working on this series. I was actually working on it for an hour during an anime convention. That's resolve right there, if I may say so myself :P.

There are around ten episodes planned for Unhack. The entire plot has already been defined. Glad you're enjoying Weedy and some of the other characters! Please look forward to the next episode m(_ _)m.

This was great! I can't wait for more -- again! (oh yeah, sorry for tweeting you asking about it the other day ; ). simply couldn't wait). I enjoyed the dialogue, but missed quite a bit because of my instinctive, rapid click-click-click play skipped some.

Thank you for sharing : ). So cool.

Feedback

Good Things

- I enjoyed the ramp up in difficulty near the end of Episode 2.

- Dialogue was surprisingly engaging! I went in not sure of what to expect, but I like it : )

- +300 XP for Kinder Surprises ; ). I loved those things in Russia...

- Character Sprites were amateur, but fun

- Good, clever gameplay mechanics

Suggestions

- Make in-play dialogue sequences last at least two (?) mouse clicks. Obsessive clickers like me miss out on dialogue, which is sad (Note: I may not agree with this idea) (yes, even though I proposed it)

- Make the log-in button pop in/out when clicked on the "start" page -- thus highlighting how to start the game

Bad Things

REALLY Bad Things

REALLY REALLY Bad Things

- We have to wait for more content again! Click this button for my reaction!

Suggestions

- Make in-play dialogue sequences last at least two (?) mouse clicks. Obsessive clickers like me miss out on dialogue, which is sad (Note: I may not agree with this idea) (yes, even though I proposed it)

- Make the log-in button pop in/out when clicked on the "start" page -- thus highlighting how to start the game

I like the idea of longer dialog. The story is really good and id like to know a little more of it.

Who is Unhacker and why are the attacks happening, who exactly is the wonderful Weedy?? Who is A²??

Oh and what did Weedy mean by "I still remember your nude mod from last week?? haha

just add a little more story and that will help with Tays suggestion. Not to mention kick serious ass.

Also great idea about the pop in/out button. Will add that little bit extra to make it even more awesome

- We have to wait for more content again! Click this button for my reaction!

hahahahaha that is the best ever. Outstanding!!

Thanks for playing the game Tay! Feel free to tweet me at any time; it motivates me to keep working :). I like me some Kinder Surprise, too B)~

I've thought about hiring an artist to do the sprites, but I don't have that kind of budget right now, so I'll just have to do my best. As for the dialog issue, yeah, the double click can definitely annoy some, including perhaps me. I could make the letters animate in, and you click to make the full sentence snap out. But then, what will happen to the dialog during a game sequence? I might chose to leave this be for the time being. Let's see what ideas come to mind.

The log in button idea is great, too. At the moment, I'm going to dedicate my efforts toward finishing the series (without rushing, of course). Again, let's see how we go.

Thanks again Tay :).

Ryoji, you may get the answers to some of those questions in later episodes B). On this forum, I often talk about how I lose patience when VNs have too much fluff text, so I definitely want to avoid being a hypocrite with my writing :P. I prefer to get to the point while doing my best to maintain a human touch.

That "noooooooooo" never gets old XD.

Thanks people :).

Thank you for checking out the game, Kotomi and Mikel!

Kotomi, I guess to be fair, the music was written by Matt at Brainfed :). Everything else, I just put on my producer's hat and did my best to keep things manageable~

Thanks Mikel! Yeah, Weedy can get a bit crazy when she gets excited :lol:.

Thank you again m(_ _)m.

Happy Easter, everyone :D/>!

751050326.jpg

I also wanted to announce that Unhack episode three will be released next Saturday on April 5th. Please look forward to it m(_ _)m~

You too Mouse!!

And that is wonderful news. Kotomi and I eagerly await episode 3!!

Just played through the first two episodes, interesting game. Gotta love the Unhacker, not many characters are as blunt and perverted (at least openly) as he is xD

There is only one thing...

WHY didn't he want a nude mod for A2? He's discriminating virtual lolis just cause they're pentakkos? That's mean xD

Plenty of potential for difficulty and plot increasingly altogether, but I'm sure you have all figured it out already, right? Just one question, is the art yours? If it is (or some friend's too) congrats, I can't draw even hands >.<

Uwaa~! Good job invertmouse for the game you made~ I think it’s really cute haha /u\ The gameplay is interesting and the story is humorous hueheuheu //I wanted to draw weedy-chan so here ya go /u\

tumblr_mkgddjLqm91s65y0no1_500.jpg

KEEP WORKING HARD FOR IT HUAHAUA I'm looking forward to the next chapter >u<

+1 rep for that. Awesome!

Thank you to both Ryoji and Kotomi for being so excited about episode 3! To be honest, I just held a play test session today, and a lot of level design flaws were pointed out. Lots of sweat and tears ahead :P~

Thanks Solidbatman! I hope you'll enjoy the episodes currently available :). Thanks for the Bat-hug, too XD~

Sieg, thank you for checking out the game! Really appreciate you taking the time to do so. I guess the unhacker is pretty strict about who he gives his costume mods to ;). Yep, the plot is all figured out already. Please look forward to it. Indeed, the art is done by me. Thank you for enjoying it m(_ _)m!

Wow, mooingmage, thank you for much for taking that time to draw this art! It made my evening and I really appreciate it. Do you mind if I shared it on my Facebook and blog? Might start a Friend Art section on the Unhack site and post it there as well if it's okay :)~ +1 rep from me as well. Incredible work! A cute interpretation of Weedy and the coloring work was great.

A2 said she wanted to give -1 reputation for the art

:angry:. Let's ignore her B).

Thank you to both Ryoji and Kotomi for being so excited about episode 3! To be honest, I just held a play test session today, and a lot of level design flaws were pointed out. Lots of sweat and tears ahead :P/>/>~

Thanks Solidbatman! I hope you'll enjoy the episodes currently available :)/>/>. Thanks for the Bat-hug, too XD~

Sieg, thank you for checking out the game! Really appreciate you taking the time to do so. I guess the unhacker is pretty strict about who he gives his costume mods to ;)/>/>. Yep, the plot is all figured out already. Please look forward to it. Indeed, the art is done by me. Thank you for enjoying it m(_ _)m!

Wow, mooingmage, thank you for much for taking that time to draw this art! It made my evening and I really appreciate it. Do you mind if I shared it on my Facebook and blog? Might start a Friend Art section on the Unhack site and post it there as well if it's okay :)/>/>~ +1 rep from me as well. Incredible work! A cute interpretation of Weedy and the coloring work was great.

A2 said she wanted to give -1 reputation for the art :angry:/>/>. Let's ignore her B)/>/>.

EEE I'm glad you all like the art thing /u\ It was fun drawing her huehuehue Ahm I don't mind you sharing it about haha, its giftart afterall so you can do what you like with it >u<

Uwaa don't get mad A2-chan, I wanted to draw you too so maybe in the future //u\\