[SITE] Suggestion for Board Reorganization

Malware

I mentioned before in my introduction topic that I've been on many forums and so I am well aware of the format that most forums use, they use this because it is usually the most organized and effective way. I would encourage the staff of Fuwanovel to do it as well, however this is just a suggestion so feel free to toss it out the window.

* = Category, > = Board (Forum), Italics & [] = Purpose (No Italics and Brackets Means it's Self Explanitory)

Typically the general forum organization is as follows:

*Site Name [General Things Regarding the Community]

>Bulletin Board [Where All "Official" Posts Are Made, Typically the Rules are Here as Well]

>Suggestions / Feedback

>Introductions

*Primary Purpose of the Forum [in this Case Anything Regarding VNs]

>Visual Novel Talk (Better Wording for "Talk" Might be Discussion)

>Fan Translation Discussion, Volunteer Talk

>Walkthroughs

*General [Anything Not Relating to the Main Purpose of the Forum or Community]

>General Discussion

>Anime and Manga Discussion

The example provided above is very well organized, allowing for boards to be easily located and providing a good framework to add other boards in the future. I suggest a move to the above model, however I can understand finding the current one adequate for the community's needs.

The staff had a discussion about this. As far as im concerned the forum is good the way it is.

Changing it yet again wont improve anything. As an admin here, I like the way the forum is. I say we leave it the way it is.

The example provided above is very well organized, allowing for boards to be easily located and providing a good framework to add other boards in the future. I suggest a move to the above model, however I can understand finding the current one adequate for the community's needs.

The way you say that it seems you think this forum isnt "organized" which I strongly disagree with. I dont know where you come from having such a strong opinion or what you think is wrong with the forum now, but I disagree.

The staff had a discussion about this. As far as im concerned the forum is good the way it is.

Changing it yet again wont improve anything. As an admin here, I like the way the forum is. I say we leave it the way it is.

The way you say that it seems you think this forum isnt "organized" which I strongly disagree with. I dont know where you come from having such a strong opinion or what you think is wrong with the forum now, but I disagree.

I apologize for making it seem like that. I did not mean to make it seem like this forum had something wrong with it or was disorganized, honestly that was not what I was going for. The forums here are organized, there just typically seems to be a... "Model" I guess would be the best word for forum organization, even looking at sites like Anime-Sharing (I noticed Checkmate was an admin here), or anime-forums, follow that basic model that is then molded to their own needs.

Of course that being said every community is different and so they have different needs. I can see where you're coming from in that, if you perceive that no one will think anything will be improved and that organization that is in place now works perfectly fine, why change it? I can get where you're coming from and I can fully respect that way of keeping things.