Starter VN Reviews

Tay

Tay-san ,

May i ask  bt73p.gif,..... review require min words?

As many as it takes? I don't have any restrictions in mind atm, though if it's extremely short I may use it in a different feature (with permission) instead of with the rest of these reviews.

Absolutely. Anyone who has written reviews and is willing to have them hawked, let me know! I won't steal (in any way) your review -- I'll take a small blurb and perhaps an image (for use as a thumbnail) and will link to the "full" post on your blog/site.

Should be fairly easy then as I created and posted them on Fuwanovel.  :)

As many as it takes? I don't have any restrictions in mind atm, though if it's extremely short I may use it in a different feature (with permission) instead of with the rest of these reviews.

Shortest Review

"I like this vn , end of review. I recomend that vn , end of recommend" :upupu:

(PS: Joke only and forgive me if the post rude)

Great! I've been struggling to write stuff for a while now so this might be a good opportunity for me to get that back on track.

I have some actual review experience (see my sputnikmusic account: http://www.sputnikmusic.com/user/Tyrael) so I was wondering if the stuff that I would write for this project will be posted on a semi-professional basis (aka can I count on being able to use it as part of my future resume?). I'm looking to get into writing as part of my job in the (near) which is why I'm asking this of you, Tay-sama.

From your list, I can review: 

- Clannad

- Katawa Shoujo

- G-senjou (soon)

- Planetarian

Other than those I'm wondering if Grisaia no Kajitsu (might be worth it considering the fact that it will get an english release this year) and/or Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete would be considered 'starter VN's' by popular standards. I'm willing to review anything if I'm given a reasonable time frame for completing it (I have tons of free time so feel free to request anything! )

As for what I want to review: I would probably want to review something nobody else is currently interested in covering, as such we can all cover as much ground as we can. I would think it to be more productive if we weren't all writing a review for Katawa Shoujo for example, which is a VN I expect a lot of people to be interested in writing about. Anyways, feel free to order me around when it comes to this project, I need a bit of motivation anyways  :sachi:

Great! I've been struggling to write stuff for a while now so this might be a good opportunity for me to get that back on track.

I have some actual review experience (see my sputnikmusic account: http://www.sputnikmusic.com/user/Tyrael) so I was wondering if the stuff that I would write for this project will be posted on a semi-professional basis (aka can I count on being able to use it as part of my future resume?). I'm looking to get into writing as part of my job in the (near) which is why I'm asking this of you.

From your list, I can review: 

- Clannad

- Katawa Shoujo

- G-senjou (soon)

- Planetarian

Other than those I'm wondering if Grisaia no Kajitsu (might be worth it considering the fact that it will get an english release this year) and/or Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete would be considered 'starter VN's' by popular standards. I'm willing to review anything if I'm given a reasonable time frame for completing it (I have tons of free time so feel free to request anything! )

Depends on what you mean by semi-professional. This reviews project isn't directly associated with the FuwaZette nor with the FuwaReviews team, so it's not going onto one of the Fuwa blogs per se. If you're looking to publish on an established blog for use in a resume, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. 

This project is, however, going to hawk people's reviews and insights to the Western VN audience. I'm still working out the details, but the general principle of the project will be to help get people to your content, regardless of where you post it. So, in that sense, yes -- you should totally use this as an excuse to start writing! My hope is to help connect you to a readership.

Depends on what you mean by semi-professional. This reviews project isn't directly associated with the FuwaZette nor with the FuwaReviews team, so it's not going onto one of the Fuwa blogs per se. If you're looking to publish on an established blog for use in a resume, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. 

This project is, however, going to hawk people's reviews and insights to the Western VN audience. I'm still working out the details, but the general principle of the project will be to help get people to your content, regardless of where you post it. So, in that sense, yes -- you should totally use this as an excuse to start writing! My hope is to help connect you to a readership.

Okay, that answers all my questions! I'll wait a bit to see which VN's will not get any coverage from the others and I'll try to tackle them  ;)

I wonder if an otome/BL game would be a good review even if I only played the ones that people "start" with these days years into my VN-love... I can't say that I played them early on by any means...

In this case, BL fans probably start with Dramatical Murder and otome fans would start with... what... Hakuouki...? the Second Reproduction or Starry Sky cause they're easier to find? That'd take some thought... especially since it's really OVELN-focsued, but they're all small games you wouldn't be able to write a whole bunch about.... I'm just not in touch with the kids these days...

Are you mainly looking for reviews of non-official translated games or officially translated ones?

I wonder if an otome/BL game would be a good review even if I only played the ones that people "start" with these days years into my VN-love... I can't say that I played them early on by any means...

In this case, BL fans probably start with Dramatical Murder and otome fans would start with... what... Hakuouki...? the Second Reproduction or Starry Sky cause they're easier to find? That'd take some thought... especially since it's really OVELN-focsued, but they're all small games you wouldn't be able to write a whole bunch about.... I'm just not in touch with the kids these days...

Are you mainly looking for reviews of non-official translated games or officially translated ones?

I'm fine with reviews of pretty much any VN -- licensed, TL'd, or original. The most important thing to me is you choose a game you like and have fun writing the review. 

Just want to say "THANK YOU!" to the many people who have already sent in reviews!

So many volunteers! Thank you!

Now that I've revealed the details about the upgraded reviews hub at reviews.fuwanovel.net, I'm ready to talk about getting your reviews up and ready for the masses! There are two ways we can do this:
  1. The red pill Fast and total control path: You go to http://reviews.fuwanovel.net andclick the "Sign Up" link in the top-right corner. Once you've made an account you let me know (PM me back your username) and I'll give you permissions to write up and format your post so it looks nice and pretty. You'll be able to upload images and format it however you'd like. Once you're happy with it, you'll submit it inside the blog system itself (there will be a button) and I'll approve and post it! That way you get full credit for your hard work and it doesn't show up as anyone else in feeds.
  2. The blue pill Slow but you do no work path: I or others on the Reviews team can do all of the above for you, but you either need to create an account for us to possess (cue horror music) or tell me what username you want. (That user will still be posting the review, but we'll be the ones making an account for you.) Once we've got the review up and done, we'll send you a temp password (which you'll need to log in and change) and you will need to go in and upload an avatar (because we like to look fabulous)
If you've already PM'd me your review, I responded and laid out these two options for you. Just let me know what you'd prefer (by replying to the PM or posting here).

@CapnBlaze -- Saw your name pop up. You have full author permissions now. You'll still need editors to actually approve the post, but you should be able to upload pics and format your post to your liking.