Starter VN Reviews

Tay

If you haven't noticed, there's a lot of work being done on Fuwanovel these days (today, for example, I uploaded 2 new themes for the forums and upgraded our Awards app. If you haven't played around with the themes yet... you should! Nothing's stopping you! Fuwa 2015, FuwaFabulous). Some of this work has been talked about openly (like the front site redesign), while other parts are still hush-hush, secret-secret, conspiracy-conspiracy.

I need some help with one of the latter categories. Specifically: I'm looking for volunteers to write reviews about some of the common starter/early VNs that English-speaking players typically try out early on. I'm talking about games like:

• Katawa Shoujo
  • Planetarian 
  • Narcissu
  • Fate/Stay Night
  • Clannad
  • G-Senjou
  • Or whatever you played first/early on and loved

Anybody's welcome to sign up, and more than one person can review the same game. You can also write more than one review. I don't have any requirements about your reviewing experience/ability -- desire and willingness to put words on the page is all I'm looking for!

To be clear: This is not referring to or involved with the hilarious and awesome FuwaReviews team. This is for a separate project and purpose.

If you want to help out, do the following:

1. Post in this thread letting me know you're interested and include which game(s) you're going to review.
  2. Write the review and have fun doing so (I don't have any standards or requirements about the review's format. Just have fun with it and get down on paper what you loved about the game and why. It's wise to keep spoilers to a minimum, however, and any you do include need to go in spoiler tags). You don't have to give the game a score, but you're welcome to do so.
  3. (if possible) At the end of the review suggest 1-2 other VNs which are similar to the one you reviewed which players might enjoy if they liked the game you chose
  4. Send the review to me by PM (don't post it in this thread)

Thank you! The more reviews, the better! (even if there is overlap)

Please note: If you review VNs on a personal/group blog and would be willing to let us publish a snippet + a link to read the rest on your blog post, that works, too! Just let me know which reviews you're okay with me using and send me the links.

My review probably won't be in for awhile, as I am going to go through it to make a proper review for it. I originally stopped reading it because of the kickstarter being announced and I wanted to buy it first.. So scratch that now. I basically own it now anyway. xD

But yeah, since Clannad is like an 80+ hour deal... it'll be a little while.

Do you want just plain text or can we add images?

You can add images, BBCode, or any other formatting options available in the forum software.

Is there a deadline? 

Not a hard deadline, no. I'll be able to start using these in ~1 week, but don't feel too rushed. Have some fun with it.

I'll love to do a review of narcissu or planetarian but my english it's really not that good so it will probably suck :P I can write it in spanish thou :unsure::michiru:

I'll take it! (not even kidding)

Helping foreign language VN players is high on my priority list in the near future, so yes, absolutely, do it!

You can add images, BBCode, or any other formatting options available in the forum software.

Not a hard deadline, no. I'll be able to start using these in ~1 week, but don't feel too rushed. Have some fun with it.

Holy shit, dropping hints left and right with absolutely no abandon, who'll stop this guy?

If you have an interest in using the reviews I have completed so far, I would be both honored and pleased to have them included.

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji / Reapers Kiss is the Taste of Farewell

Shuffle!

I also plan to read Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete / If My Heart Had Wings in the very near future after which I will being doing a review on it.

Absolutely. Anyone who has written reviews and is willing to have them hawked, let me know! I won't steal (in any way) your review -- I'll take a small blurb and perhaps an image (for use as a thumbnail) and will link to the "full" post on your blog/site.