Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

Good news and bad news.

The bad news: I haven't been able to do my check of Moro's route.

The good news: Gakuto is now at 50%!

Additional news: I need to know the exact wordings of a couple lines about 2/3 of the way through the common route, both spoken by Chris and taking place when they're first taking Chris to the secret base. They are:

遊びたければ家でもいいだろう (asobitakereba ie de mo ii darou) (should be something like, Why not just play at home?)

このような廃ビルはさっさと取り壊すべきだな (kono you na hai biru wa sassato torikowasu beki da na) (something like, An abandoned building such as this should just be torn down.)

will you translate majikoi s after finishing is one ?

Thanks Necris.

As for Majikoi S: Going to go with a firm "maybe." Diving into another project of this size (probably bigger, I think, but I don't know the exact script sizes for the remaining Majikoi S routes...) isn't something I want to commit to immediately.

.... there's your answer....

uvG7T55.png

k1ckeE2.png

Also, I'm eagerly awaiting the Moro script, you know~

Edit: Speaking of lines, wtf is this?

TPkIaKW.png

It looks like a bad translation, but the meaning is fairly clear. Something along the lines of "Yamato told me to hold back using eye contact". Probably just a bad QC.

It looks like a bad translation, but the meaning is fairly clear. Something along the lines of "Yamato told me to hold back using eye contact". Probably just a bad QC.

The QC is the one who posted that, so him noticing that would be a good QC as opposed to a bad QC... The phrasing of the sentence isn't what's in question as much as the use of a surname, given name, and two honorifics. 

Side-note: does anyone actually refer to Yamato as Naoe in the visual novel? That's an odd goof-up :P

re: that line: It's... kinda weird, yeah. Should be more like, "Yamato-kun from the house of Naoe told me to hold back using eye contact." Though that phrasing still needs some work; it's too stilted for Kazuko...

The QC is the one who posted that, so him noticing that would be a good QC as opposed to a bad QC... The phrasing of the sentence isn't what's in question as much as the use of a surname, given name, and two honorifics. 

Side-note: does anyone actually refer to Yamato as Naoe in the visual novel? That's an odd goof-up :P

Touma uses both "Naoe-san" and "Naoe-kun." Tadakatsu uses Naoe. Mayo uses Naoe-chan. Chika uses Naocchi. Chris goes for "Naoe Yamato" on occasion. Probably lots of others I'm not thinking of off the top of my head.

In other news, I've finished checking Moro's route; it's in Ouraibaa's hands now.

Waiting not so patiently, but plenty eager.

Wait, I thought you're in the QC team? Did something happen when that thread become an abomination I stopped visiting that thread?

Actually, I just checked the first post and it looks like you're not in the QC team after all. That's too bad, I'm really looking forward to see some of your QC'd lines...

Hm.... Ouraibaa-san should update his first post then, easier for future reference update for those who actually went the trouble to read the first page -_-

Don't tell me what to do! *Does it*

Wait, I thought you're in the QC team? Did something happen when that thread become an abomination I stopped visiting that thread?

Actually, I just checked the first post and it looks like you're not in the QC team after all. That's too bad, I'm really looking forward to see some of your QC'd lines...

He did, like, 10% of the route, then had to stop. Basically like every other person who ever offered to QC.

He did, like, 10% of the route, then had to stop. Basically like every other person who ever offered to QC.

Ahh, that's too bad (or not?).

Anyway, good luck with your project! I've been following this project from the first page of the original thread, though I stopped caring on the page where you guys started role-playing (around 150 or something), I just cant take it anymore.

Good luck once again!

Ahh, that's too bad (or not?).

Anyway, good luck with your project! I've been following this project from the first page of the original thread, though I stopped caring on the page where you guys started role-playing (around 150 or something), I just cant take it anymore.

Good luck once again!

ah yes the dark days, also since all thats left is azengars stuff then we might have mayo in time for christmas.

That is, as best as I can tell, from the yandere translation, and has nothing to do with Oura. And even if it did, not going to pull punches if something that bad makes it into the game.

things like that happen everywhere - Yandere did a good job overall - I read Majikoi many times and I havent saw many odd looking lines. It is more often when I see that translators give a bit of their own invention and change sentences significantly compared to original, but I dont mind as that usualy still carries the feeling of original.

The error like what Ouraibaa found is probably lapse in translator mind of lack of editing of alpha version, QC should catch that - but then it is not the end of the world when in happens !

I'm not sure but i think two honorifics were also in original script (Japanese).

This is correct. Basically, "Naoe-san" is being used to refer to Yamato's father, not Yamato himself. Similar to how you might say in English "Mr. Naoe's son Yamato."

But mixing English titles and Japanese honorifics in one phrase (i.e. "Mr. Naoe's son Yamato-kun") looks so weird. "Naoe-san's son Yamato-kun" could work, but it might also cause confusion. I dunno~

This is correct. Basically, "Naoe-san" is being used to refer to Yamato's father, not Yamato himself. Similar to how you might say in English "Mr. Naoe's son Yamato."

But mixing English titles and Japanese honorifics in one phrase (i.e. "Mr. Naoe's son Yamato-kun") looks so weird. "Naoe-san's son Yamato-kun" could work, but it might also cause confusion. I dunno~

But the real question is: Why the heck did Wanko say that? Did she even know Yamato's dad? Not to mention it's so out-of-character.