Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

I tried reinstalling majikoi S even in different path(in and outside 'Program Files') but the save folder didn't appeared. I got majikoi in .rar version but when i first played it on PC, save folder was created.

I also checked on PC when this folder is created - i took the old save outside from My Documents, launched the game and it appeared. In notebook it isn't happening. 

Also when I launch "StartUpTool" and push "execute" button there is popup telling there's an error "The configuration file could not be created."

That's on your end not ours, we have no control over the StartUptools. But judging by that, it's seems it's the copy of the majikoi games you have which are the issue, not only that but you seem to be the first person to pick this error up and no one else has. The only other thing i can think of is that your saves are currupted, or are (not sure if possible) configured to work for your old computer...

One other thing... you mentioned notebook, you mean the laptop, right?

I doubt the corruption of saves because the game didn't made the save folder itself. I think that the OS maybe the issue because in the start up tools when I get system parameters it can't recognize the OS, I'll try to downgrade to win 7 and check afterwards.

Notebook heh... I'm not English so I had a felling that "laptop" isn't good word :D.

Anyway I'm glad for Your effort to help me I'll post if that helped.

Not sure if this is quoting since it hasn't seemed to work for me before but I'm unsure which VC++ you think I need to uninstall and how to do it. Also the first link you have posted doesn't seem to load, I don't know if it's the page or if it's the site itself but I couldn't load it even after 5 or 6 tries. After you respond I'll try it and then tell you if it worked.

The site works, so i'm guessing it's on your side... but i believe the Majikoi has the files needed with it, however they download with the installation of the game. I would say uninstall the "V C++ 2008 (if you have it, if not try installing it and see if it works) then reinstall it from the microsoft website or uninstall "V C++ 2010 (if you have it, if not try installing it and see if it works)" then reinstall it. that's the only other thing i can think of... well i guess there's also "V C++ 2005".

• 3 weeks later...

I am pretty sure I have finished every route but I am missing a lot of events and some cgs/replays. 

NSFW/Spoilers

Missing CG: 

http://i.imgur.com/lrChuln.jpg

Missing Replay:

http://i.imgur.com/YUUZjzF.jpg

I am missing a shit ton many events as well but I am thinking it is because I did not choose all of the text options avaliable? 

On another not I have all the music at least :')

Woops. I did it on my last save but it got corrupted so I had to start over. Thanks for pointing it out! Anything else missing? 

OK, I now have all the CG/Replays. All that is missing is a tremendous amount of events. How do I go about getting them? 

So just a quick update for anyone who actually follows this thread:

I have now fixed every reported error for the first game. These fixes still need testing, which will be done either whenever I feel like it or whenever someone volunteers. As soon as the routes are confirmed good, I will release an updated pac file with the new scripts.

The errors in the uncensor patch that some pointed out will most likely remain, however. There is little we can do because of how the game stores the files, though helvetica did what he could before we released initially. Blame minatosoft.

Also, adding this note: Some people reported errors from the Yandere patch. We have no intention to fix these errors, or search for more. However, if someone wants to do a thorough QC of the yandere patch, compile a detailed list of errors, and send them to me, hit me up in private and we'll work it out. I have no problem fixing them, but I don't want to fix just a handful and leave a bunch of others and have to do all this again later.