Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

thanks for good work :D i've got a question... i got my game from the last patch before this patch and im now trying to install this miyako patch but when im redirecting the install patch to the folder that has the game in it, it doesn't let me install the patch D:

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/death_seer9/media/location.jpg.png.html

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/death_seer9/media/problem.jpg.png.html

please help >_<

thanks for good work :D i've got a question... i got my game from the last patch before this patch and im now trying to install this miyako patch but when im redirecting the install patch to the folder that has the game in it, it doesn't let me install the patch D:

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/death_seer9/media/location.jpg.png.html

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/death_seer9/media/problem.jpg.png.html

please help >_<

1. Did you run it as administrator?

2. What is your locale set to?

Also, your path name is extremely long, so I can't actually tell if you're on the right folder or not. In the first image, I can see that game location is "Computer/Drive-D(D:)/Gelo/Movies/[Fuwanovel] Majikoi Partial Patch (Yukie, Chris, Momoyo, Kazuko)/Majikoi Partial Patch/"

However, in the second image, I can't actually see if the last folder is included.

1. Did you run it as administrator?

2. What is your locale set to?

Also, your path name is extremely long, so I can't actually tell if you're on the right folder or not. In the first image, I can see that game location is "Computer/Drive-D(D:)/Gelo/Movies/[Fuwanovel] Majikoi Partial Patch (Yukie, Chris, Momoyo, Kazuko)/Majikoi Partial Patch/"

However, in the second image, I can't actually see if the last folder is included.

yes sir, i ran the installer as administrator,

my locale is set to japan sir since i've been stuck playing VN's when i got free time just to be sure i can play it whether its required or not.

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/death_seer9/media/complete%20image.jpg.png.html

there it is now sir i renamed the folders so you can see the folder destination :D

thank you for the help sir

yes sir, i ran the installer as administrator,

my locale is set to japan sir since i've been stuck playing VN's when i got free time just to be sure i can play it whether its required or not.

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/death_seer9/media/complete%20image.jpg.png.html

there it is now sir i renamed the folders so you can see the folder destination :D

thank you for the help sir

In that particular screenshot, you're in the wrong folder. You're supposed to target the folder which contains the まじこい.exe.

In that particular screenshot, you're in the wrong folder. You're supposed to target the folder which contains the まじこい.exe.

sir the folder contains this files, i dont know why the explorer doesn't show the files in it except the folders in it. it doesn't even let me change the shown files

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/death_seer9/media/folder%20destination.jpg.html

sir the folder contains this files, i dont know why the explorer doesn't show the files in it except the folders in it. it doesn't even let me change the shown files

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/death_seer9/media/folder%20destination.jpg.html

But it doesn't. In the picture you sent me before, you had targeted the マニュアル folder, which just contains these files:

http://i.imgur.com/og4ZTVn.png

Not the まじこい.exe.

Huh, I was under the impression that it was fairly long with a decent-sized amount of choices.  Are they mostly start-over bad ends or super obvious?

You only need a walkthrough if you want to find hidden routes. Other than that, you're gonna find everything if you just play through the game. Doing all the main routes gives you the hidden agave route, and talking to Chika once let's you go for Mayo. The route selection is a literal selection, so you're most likely gonna find the way to do the hidden ones simply by doing the others.

Like many others, I also made an account in order to say how thankful I am for this patch to exist. I had honestly given up on ever seeing it translated, and figured I'd have to learn Japanese in order to finish it. So thank you so much!

That's not all I'm here for though. I installed the patch over a pre-existing copy with the Yandere patch already on it, and I've been having a slight problem. Sometimes when I minimize the Majikoi window and bring it back up I'll find that the game has skipped down anywhere from 2-3 to 100 lines. The auto-mode is NOT on, I made sure of that. I haven't heard any voice clips playing when this happens, so I think it's just skipping to a point, and it hasn't happened when I've opened a menu and minimized it. This never happened before this new patch.

Other details that may help.

Since the patch came out I've only been on the Miyako route after the Yandere patch ends, so I don't know if it happens in other places.

I skipped through the routes before the patch, so the text has all been read, and the message skip option is on "read text".

"Skip already read text" is off for obvious reasons. Pause at punctuation marks is off.

I did NOT install the uncensored images part of the patch either.

This isn't game ruining or anything, it's just a bit annoying. If you're going to release a second patch fixing spelling errors and any bugs I thought you might want to know about this. I don't know if other people have had this issue or not, but if you need more info to try and replicate it I'll try to supply it. Maybe it's just my copy for some reason, who knows?

Like many others, I also made an account in order to say how thankful I am for this patch to exist. I had honestly given up on ever seeing it translated, and figured I'd have to learn Japanese in order to finish it. So thank you so much!

That's not all I'm here for though. I installed the patch over a pre-existing copy with the Yandere patch already on it, and I've been having a slight problem. Sometimes when I minimize the Majikoi window and bring it back up I'll find that the game has skipped down anywhere from 2-3 to 100 lines. The auto-mode is NOT on, I made sure of that. I haven't heard any voice clips playing when this happens, so I think it's just skipping to a point, and it hasn't happened when I've opened a menu and minimized it. This never happened before this new patch.

Other details that may help.

Since the patch came out I've only been on the Miyako route after the Yandere patch ends, so I don't know if it happens in other places.

I skipped through the routes before the patch, so the text has all been read, and the message skip option is on "read text".

"Skip already read text" is off for obvious reasons. Pause at punctuation marks is off.

I did NOT install the uncensored images part of the patch either.

This isn't game ruining or anything, it's just a bit annoying. If you're going to release a second patch fixing spelling errors and any bugs I thought you might want to know about this. I don't know if other people have had this issue or not, but if you need more info to try and replicate it I'll try to supply it. Maybe it's just my copy for some reason, who knows?

Could you supply your in-game config settings via screenshots?

http://imgur.com/a/rm3EF

Here's the settings when it's happened.

You wouldn't happen to somehow hit the shift key when you minimize the game?

Also, did you purposefully set the effect speeds to max? You also have "skip mode" turned to max. For now, try and change those settings around. It's 3:30 AM here, so I'll go to bed. Twdarkeh might come online and be able to assist you in the meantime.

You wouldn't happen to somehow hit the shift key when you minimize the game?

Also, did you purposefully set the effect speeds to max? You also have "skip mode" turned to max. For now, try and change those settings around. It's 3:30 AM here, so I'll go to bed. Twdarkeh might come online and be able to assist you in the meantime.

No, I did not hit the shift key, and yes, I set effects and skip mode to max on purpose. I'll try playing around with settings and see if things change. Again, it's not an emergency or anything, I just figured you guys would like to know of any possible bugs.

Playing with Effects speed and "skip mode" speed did nothing, and even when I unclick the "keep game/sounds running when window is inactive" button it still happens.

Messing with text options also did nothing. This last time it happened I heard the line that it stopped at, but none of the lines in between, so I think it is just skipping to random lines ahead.

I counted the last one, and it skipped 30 lines.

I did the decensor, good sir.

However I'm afraid it's not my call to give you access to those files unless I have permission from project leader.

So please PM  /index.php?/user/2302-ouraibaa-hjyuraa/">Ouraibaa and ask him if he authorises me sharing the game CG's with you.

Also bear in mind that more than CG's they are BMP crops of parts of the scene and not actual CG's- It sounds lazy I know but that's minatosoft for you.

You only need a walkthrough if you want to find hidden routes. Other than that, you're gonna find everything if you just play through the game. Doing all the main routes gives you the hidden agave route, and talking to Chika once let's you go for Mayo. The route selection is a literal selection, so you're most likely gonna find the way to do the hidden ones simply by doing the others.

Well, that's surprising.  I'm used to the whole "flags" system and not knowing when I lock in a route.

Thanks for the info, Ouraibaa!