Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

yup that´s what i mean, as long as they wont release it officially under their names, i really doubt that anyone can do something against it. but that aside its really a fucking coincidence, that after all the work is finally done, jast pops out of nowhere and wants to localize it.....i mean that smells fishier than a load of dick cheese

yup that´s what i mean, as long as they wont release it officially under their names, i really doubt that anyone can do something against it. but that aside its really a fucking coincidence, that after all the work is finally done, jast pops out of nowhere and wants to localize it.....i mean that smells fishier than a load of dick cheese

From the rumors I've read, they want to use the existing translation, clean up the editing, and release it for very little cost and lots of profit. 

Pretty much this. Buy the Translation from the team for a few bucks and sell it for a huge profit. 

From the rumors I've read, they want to use the existing translation, clean up the editing, and release it for very little cost and lots of profit. The problem with that is, legally, they can't. They'd have to ask Takajun, and he's MIA and presumed dead(no, not really, running joke with a friend of mine, chill out!).

There's a problem with this, one that MangaGamer has talked about before. They're actually very reluctant to license games that already have fan translations, because they're competing against a free product. Their product might be much better, but it just doesn't matter because the competition is literally free. Everyone interested in Majikoi will have read the fan translation by the time the JAST release hits. Even if it costs them little to produce, it still might not be enough. JAST has been especially concerned with translation quality lately and has spent a lot of time editing and TLCing and editing again the translations of all of their releases, which is why things are taking ages, so it may not even be all that cheap. The real money for them comes from when they release the sequels. If they want to do that, they'll want to discourage or prevent the fan translators from working on that. In some ways, Majikoi can already be considered a success in the west, even if JAST's release of the first does poorly the sequels could do well for them. They will want to be the only ones to release 100% complete translations of S and A if they want to actually turn a decent profit from this.

Sekai Project's approach to Grisaia is kind of ingenious, because it ensured they could successfully monetize Kajitsu despite most backers probably only being interested in the sequels. 

Cool, thanks for the advice. It is a shame that many of the fan translations are not as good as they could be. - peter payne

he is trying to say your translation is bad dont listen to him he is evil...

i cant wait 2 or more years to play this game Q_Q

Nah to be fair he isnt saying anything. you have to see his comment in the original context, where s.o. previously stated something bout yanders translation and stuff. how is he even supposed to judge the quality regarding the actual translation without ever reading/playing it. dont take anything too serious what other people say.

and yes if you reaalllly take his comment 1:1 then he is right, cause i know tons of fan tl projects, which are only machine tl based on and "real" projects like listed here on fuwa or whereever are the minority. but screw what i say, cause i´m drunk