Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

I prefer to preserve japanese romanji which is "ototo" like imouto (little sister). But if you really like direct english translation, I'd go for little bro (if casually said) or younger brother (if it was address formally)... XD

But still, I voted... XD

There is no point in preserving japanese terminology when there is an easy and direct english translation that loses no meaning. It would only serve to confuse readers. Anyways, since they're apparently children, I think "Little brother" makes the most sense. "Younger" is also used more often in a comparative context, for example when referring to the youngest brother as the younger brother.

I prefer to go situational
Like with Onee-chan, I dont and no one I have ever met goes around talking to their older sister by calling them Older Sister
Like if someone is referring to them as their sister you can use Sister, but if theyre directly addressing them as Onee-chan you use it that way
Same with younger siblings, tho I have met one person that pretty much only called their little brother Little Bro
Tho I assume they just get mentioned and are never shown so "little brothers" is my vote

I find this completely redundant making Dowolf do work that has already been nearly completed by Kosuna just because a bunch of people are impatient with the progress of Kosuna's work. I understand Dowolf not wanting to jump ahead into Majikoi S since it is quite extensive with a few routes to be done, but instead of wasting his unlimited amount of free time on that, rather finish off the other 2 routes in Majikoi A-1 from where Wairu left off.

I agree, I am sure you can even get the missing script of the benkei route by contact them, so that you won't have to translate benkei from the scratch (80% done if I remember, maybe more so far, but now dead for sure)

I prefer to go situational

Like with Onee-chan, I dont and no one I have ever met goes around talking to their older sister by calling them Older Sister

Like if someone is referring to them as their sister you can use Sister, but if theyre directly addressing them as Onee-chan you use it that way

Same with younger siblings, tho I have met one person that pretty much only called their little brother Little Bro

Tho I assume they just get mentioned and are never shown so "little brothers" is my vote

"Otouto" is not normally used as a direct form of address in Japanese, so your argument is moot.

Sorry if i'm being rude.

I saw a lot of progression is already made in the OP.

So, I want to ask is how do I download the partial patch in the OP? is it already downloadable? or you want to complete all translation before uploading the patch?

thx :D

and I wonder, how do I play Agave route?-_-

So, I want to ask is how do I download the partial patch in the OP? is it already downloadable? or you want to complete all translation before uploading the patch?

I assume you mean this one?

http://sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=299729

It is a torrent, so you will need a program like Utorrent (which is free) in order to use it.