Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

What browser are you using?  I had problems downloading larger files on Chrome for a while, but it went away, for some reason.  I'll go download it again as a test to be sure it's not a problem on their end.

EDIT: Well, it triggered avast, even though I know for a fact that it doesn't have a virus.  Adding it to exclusions, then retrying.  Friggin' avast.

EDIT x2: avast refused to exclude it, so I had to turn it off, but yes, the download works for me on Firefox.  I'd recommend switching browsers or downloading it somewhere else and putting it on a flash drive if it still doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have now fixed every reported error for the first game. These fixes still need testing, which will be done either whenever I feel like it or whenever someone volunteers. As soon as the routes are confirmed good, I will release an updated pac file with the new scripts.

Just wondering, do you still plan to test that v2?

• 1 month later...

i just downloaded the a torrent of the game, and it contains .mdf and .mds files, may i ask how im supposed to open these...? not rly familiar with it sorry

With a program like Daemon Tools, since those files are the CD/DVD image files, and you need to "burn" them to install the game. Btw, not sure how the no-piracy rules works 100%, so just gonna mention that speaking of torrents and such of games is a bit of muddy terrain in the Fuwa forums. Just a heads up ;o

i just downloaded the a torrent of the game, and it contains .mdf and .mds files, may i ask how im supposed to open these...? not rly familiar with it sorry

just gonna mention that speaking of torrents and such of games is a bit of muddy terrain in the Fuwa forums. Just a heads up ;o

Yeah im aware of that haha, but i dont think it will be much of a problem unless i am asking for a torrent link or spreading those in the site, but thanks for the heads up :)

just gonna mention that speaking of torrents and such of games is a bit of muddy terrain in the Fuwa forums. Just a heads up ;o

Yeah im aware of that haha, but i dont think it will be much of a problem unless i am asking for a torrent link or spreading those in the site, but thanks for the heads up :)

It's all good, then. I'll also take the risk, all for the glory of Majikoi.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't install the english patch. I'm currently on Japanese locale but the english patch .exe file won't launch because of some NSIS error. I have no idea how to fix this and I've pretty much tried everything I have found over the internet.

Installing the patch on english locale also won't work cause Next > button stays gray no matter how many times I try to set the correct destination folder.

Help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, micro_snap said:

Greetings. It seems there's been a trail version of the first Majikoi game on DMM that lets you play Momoyo's route for free. I downloaded it and applied the English patch, but even though I can see the text in the VN as well as character sprites just fine, I cannot see any backgrounds or event CGs. They're just black. I'm not sure if the firewall is the case, but can anyone help me out or give me any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

A patch working on one version is unlikely to work well on another version, due to differences in the data. Someone would probably have to make a special patch version just for the trial you mentioned for it to work. If you're feeling adventurous though, see if it works fine unpatched. If not, you can try using Japanese time/date format, a primitive check many VNs make for some godawful reason.

• 1 year later...