Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

The route itself is plenty lengthy. The After Story isn't, though. But then again, some characters don't even have After Story, so not really anything to complain about.

well actually chris does get an after story in majikoi S. her route has "after story and SS+" on it I guess a lot of fans were raging cause chris's route took the longest to get on and then after everything no after story really went off on minatosoft. so I hope that after this you can do S as well since i want the koyuki route for S to be done

Haha, fair enough - I'm just trying hard to avoid getting burned. I used to be a regular poster back on the Yandere forums, so it's been a long and painful journey so far. :kosame:

I can assure you, the patch will be forthcoming. It's just a matter of time. However, I do think that you guys are way too excited. Save if for the release.

I've waited this long, so I think I can hold my excitement for the route.  If you get what I'm sayin'.

It's interesting how I initially found Miyako to be a super annoying thirsty chick.  No clue how or why she grew on me so much during every other girl's route, but she did.  I'm pretty sure she's firmly in second place now among the main girls.  Of course Yoshitsune is my favorite overall, but...

WIll you guys release this even if you get a C&D?

Suzu knows just how much power words can hold - and she says some things should never be uttered out loud. :blink:

(And yes, I know what you are basing that question off of; and I can tell you with some certainty it was probably just trollbait.)

Suzu knows just how much power words can hold - and she says some things should never be uttered out loud. :blink:

(And yes, I know what you are basing that question off of; and I can tell you with some certainty it was probably just trollbait.)

Herks said on /r/visualnovels that JAST is looking to license it and Peter Payne twitted something about seeing an eroge man from the city the devs are based in.

Herks said on /r/visualnovels that JAST is looking to license it and Peter Payne twitted something about seeing an eroge man from the city the devs are based in.

Can you post that tweet from peter payne? Because I follow his twitter and I apparently missed that one.

As for Herkz, I don't exactly trust much he has to say, I suspect he's just shitposting for giggles. Coincides with the March 3rd announcement too much, even though the vndb post is old news (from over a week ago, feb 25th).

I think herkz was just trolling as well...

It's always possible that it could be legit - anything in life is - but I seriously have my doubts.

Fixed \/

I understand the distrust towards herkz but he's legit when it comes to VNs that aren't Mahoutsukai no Yoru.

https://twitter.com/jlist/status/572594884265160704/photo/1

Ah, fair enough. I still won't assume such a connection based on just that - but that might be me just wanting to bury my head in the sand. :P Also, I've heard from a few sources that Minato Soft is fairly xenophobic when it comes to exporting their VNs, so I don't know if Jast could even negotiate a license out of them - that didn't cost Jast a crapton of money anyway.

Not to mention the timing just seems like a bad joke. (could you just imagine if it was legit lol? Jast time = an extra 6 years minimum, even if it was ready to launch tomorrow.)

As for Herkz, unless he has some serious insider knowledge (I know he's well connected, but still) - I imagine he is just making guesses/trolling.

As a final thought, if it IS legit... Payne will have already gotten in contact with Ouraibaa Hjyuraa and the team. At which point it's their call.

Urgh pls not jast. It would be fine if Mangagamer or Sekai Projekt licensed it but Jast.

I still wait for Sumaga and Seinarukana Jast you hear me? Release these first before licensing another Game that wont get a release in the next 3 years.

Considering how long this has been going on and how near completion these guys are I highly doubt they'd hand it over to that company so they can release it in 5 years.

It's not completely without basis but as long as there's no confirmation from the project lead there's no need to jump to conclusions.

Considering how long this has been going on and how near completion these guys are I highly doubt they'd hand it over to that company so they can release it in 5 years.

It's not completely without basis but as long as there's no confirmation from the project lead there's no need to jump to conclusions.

I'd imagine JAST would be able to prevent them from releasing this if they wanted to. 

^^^^ This is the internet. JAST can't prevent them from doing anything.

JAST might allow them to release the final translation to build hype and then do a Grisaia style license of the entire franchise. The hope being that a lot of people play the final fan translation and then get excited for the sequels, with those only available through JAST. This is pure speculation and theorycrafting. Peter Payne has been directed towards both TakaJun and Ouraibaa, but Ouraibaa hasn't said anything and in fact announced that the translation is near release after that happened, so who knows what's going in.

just so you know, no one, absolutely no one can prevent you or anyone else from releasing (uploding) a patch. i highly doubt that they´re working together with the febs or some other government agency to backtrack anything uploaded by anonymous.

Even if they wanted to, if someone outside the appropriate jurisdictions(US and Japan, most likely) posted it, all they could really do is send a threatening letter with no teeth.