Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

Not working for me. Each time i try to install the patch, the "next" botton is grey and i can´t touch it.

I did all the things the installation post said i should try and nothing works. Still grey.  =(

Any idea, please?

EDIT: Now, i don´t know why..............It seems to work!!!!!

Not sure if this was fron the original translation or if new... but the translated nick name for Chika is off... Dont know why it's Dumb Blonde when they are saying "Sweets".   Her family runs a shop that sells sweets and she is also sweet on the eyes...  Technically she isnt really a blonde... just like Miyako doesnt have blue hair.... it's just coloring for distinction.   Would be very dull if everyone had black hair... they are all Japaneses (Except Chris) afterall.  Well maybe that weird girl from 2S does have white hair...

Someone knows how I can get Yamato's ringtone? I would love to have it *-*

Someone asked that before, and after looking around, all I found was a handful of people on /a/ asking for it and getting completely ignored.  No idea where you could find it aside from extracted from the VN itself, or by recording it yourself.

To anyone who has played Chika's route. Moro receives a call from Angel. Anyone knows what is his ringtone?

Pretty much the same answer, unfortunately.  Got even less results than I did searching for Yamato's ringtone.  I'd recommend trying to extract it from the VN itself somehow, or just record it yourself.

Someone knows how I can get Yamato's ringtone? I would love to have it *-*

Clearly not Zenophilious. Here:

http://puu.sh/gV6dq/e2ae18c87b.mp3

http://puu.sh/gV6dq/e2ae18c87b.mp3

I don't know if this is everything you ever wanted, but it was everything our member's best efforts managed to find.

And clearly Crying Western knows, check the post below mine for a better version and more.

Someone asked that before, and after looking around, all I found was a handful of people on /a/ asking for it and getting completely ignored.  No idea where you could find it aside from extracted from the VN itself, or by recording it yourself.

Pretty much the same answer, unfortunately.  Got even less results than I did searching for Yamato's ringtone.  I'd recommend trying to extract it from the VN itself somehow, or just record it yourself.

You need to pay more attention. 

First you mistake said topic as being about Grisaia, then you don't check it again to see that a member did manage to find it, you're a sham of a staff member:

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/9345-majikoi-ringtone/#entry257088

Bravo! Bravo!

I apologize for meddling but I've edited your post, since I was having difficulty getting some of the links to play, and I was afraid normal members would have no way to listen to them as I did.

Not sure if this was fron the original translation or if new... but the translated nick name for Chika is off... Dont know why it's Dumb Blonde when they are saying "Sweets".   Her family runs a shop that sells sweets and she is also sweet on the eyes...  Technically she isnt really a blonde... just like Miyako doesnt have blue hair.... it's just coloring for distinction.   Would be very dull if everyone had black hair... they are all Japaneses (Except Chris) afterall.  Well maybe that weird girl from 2S does have white hair...

Never underestimate the power of wasei-eigo. Found this whilst trolling the internets once (note, not that meaning of trolling :illya:).

Caught on, haven’t you? スイーツ means a woman who meaninglessly follows the trend or the mainstream. To make it more simple, it means a snobbish woman who aimlessly follows fashion.

I don't think "dumb blonde" is that far off, really.

Never underestimate the power of wasei-eigo. Found this whilst trolling the internets once (note, not that meaning of trolling :illya:).

I don't think "dumb blonde" is that far off, really.

I've seen some amateur translators screw these up pretty often. Common mistranslations include "communication" and very frequently in Wairu's Majikoi S translation, "bitch". 

Does anyone know how to fix the runtime error for the game? I've tried various methods such as re-installing the game, downloading newer Microsoft Visual C++ libraries, and downloading the game from different websites but the error keeps popping up without the game loading. This is what it says since I don't know how to get a screenshot of it.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: C:\Games\******\******\Majikoi.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an

unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

The game used to work for my old computer which had Windows XP and my new laptop is a Lenovo with Windows 8.1. Also before anyone tells me to try to install it in Program Files I've tried but it stops about halfway through the installation every time.

This, The Last Melody is exactly, what I said before, please notice how I have it installed outside of Program Files I merely stated that when I tried to install in Program Files the installation crashed about halfway through so people wouldn't ask if I tried to do that (I did not say this to be condescending I just wanted to tell you that you seemed to have missed the top-middle part). As for Zakamutt's suggestions, I've tried updating Direct X but I have the newest one anyways as for the troubleshooting compatibility I tried that as well but neither Windows XP worked nor did Windows 7 or Vista (which I didn't expect to work anyways but I have yet to try 8 if I remember right) and I always keep my computer in Japanese Local (though you guessed that I assume). Also the Games file I have I made to keep VNs and other such games in so they don't get mixed in with other files. The quote didn't seem to work the first 2 times I tried to post this so I just copied what I said before.

Here is something may help.

Re: [H-VN][Partial English] Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! (Majikoi)

« Reply #486 on: October 17, 2012, 02:01:21 am »
Nah, it's probably a problem with your VisualC++ Runtime.

Try to uninstall it, restart your computer, and then install this version : http://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download/details.aspx?id=30679

So pretty much, you're going to have to uninstall your "VC++ Runtime" then reinstall it with this.

Hi, I got problem with save system. Lately I bought a notebook with windows 8.1 and decided to move majikoi from my win7 PC. The problem is that in my docs I don't have save folder and pasting it form PC doesn't help because game don't see it. I tried to start new game hoping that when i save it, it will create that folder - it didn't appear and when I saved I got a flashing icon "new" but the slot was still empty.

I've set windows to Japanese  region and patched the game with full English, game was already patched by Yandere.