Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

Um... guys? We use money in Japan, too, you know. T_T

That's not what he is saying.  People can buy/torrent the game and then use the fan translation instead of buying it from JAST.  JAST can't compete with that, with the fan translation being a free product and all.  The only way they could is if they priced it the same or under what it costs to import it.  Plus as much as you want to deny it, torrenting and pirating are rampant in the VN community, so as long as there is a Fan translation, people can get it for free.  This is completely ignoring the fact that it was probably lost sales anyway from the people who would pirate JAST's translation.

No one named Peter Payne, nor anyone from JAST, has contacted me nor any other project members. As such, I can't say what is gonna happen with complete certainty, but unless something radically changes, the patch release will happen as planned.

This post should allow everyone to take a breather, at least i hope anyway

I hope this is ready by next week, that is when my spring break starts and I have a ton of time to kill, but if it isn't ready by then, I have other VNs to read,other animes to watch, and a ton of games to play...and once again, thank you for all the hard work that you have done that have finally made this possible  :D

I hope this is ready by next week, that is when my spring break starts and I have a ton of time to kill, but if it isn't ready by then, I have other VNs to read,other animes to watch, and a ton of games to play...and once again, thank you for all the hard work that you have done that have finally made this possible  :D

By the looks of things we should have it done by next week. However, no promises...

If only there were people from the team in this thread openly posting about such expectations. Alas.....

Remember back when the project just started and we kept giving out release dates that we couldn't meet? pedigree farm remembers

Given the history of the project, release dates won't be announced. It'll be released when it's ready. Just subscribe to the project thread and wait.