Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

Nah to be fair he isnt saying anything. you have to see his comment in the original context, where s.o. previously stated something bout yanders translation and stuff. how is he even supposed to judge the quality regarding the actual translation without ever reading/playing it. dont take anything too serious what other people say.

and yes if you reaalllly take his comment 1:1 then he is right, cause i know tons of fan tl projects, which are only machine tl based on and "real" projects like listed here on fuwa or whereever are the minority. but screw what i say, cause i´m drunk

To be 100% honest, the quality of "real" translations you see here are on average lower than the quality you used to see on TLWiki in its heyday. This is to be expected because the fuwanovel translation community is still in its infancy, and also due to the attitude of posters like Segai here being a very prevalent one (which I actually kinda dislike). I'm actually the one who made the initial statement on translation quality of the Majikoi translations in that vndb thread, and I made that judging the Yandere translation (which IS pretty rough in a lot of spots) and Dowolf's youtube videos, which are about on par with Yandere's work. This is all well and good for a fan effort, a lot of people appreciate the work and it's good enough for them. But these translations would require a lot of work on JAST's end to make suitable for a proper commercial release. 

Well I am still waiting on confirmation for the j-list/jast side I out and out asked them about an official release so we shall see

Well if peter payne did make an account here maybe he can post here to give us the 411. 

This isn't how things work. They aren't about to drop in here of all places (because of our history with piracy), and if they do say something publicly, it will be vague. It SHOULD be vague, they've had major problems announcing things before they were ready in the past. They probably don't have any details hashed out yet, business deals are probably still in progress, and even if they do get the license, any releases are a long way out. There's a proper timing to consider when talking about projects your company is working on. 

@decay yup your right and i didnt mean to offend the one posted on vndb (you) with my statement. i simply got bit of pissed by the comment above me, where something false was suggested. i know for myself that yanderes tl isnt worlds greatest one, but that isnt the point here.
also i said " like on fuwa and whereever (should mean tlwiki etc)

I highly doubt anyone in this community is bothered by slightly less than perfect translation. If it's better than machine translation and readable I would already be happy.

I'm mildly irked by grammatical and spelling errors, but I am a Grammar Nazi, and that alone isn't enough to make me rage-drop a VN, so yeah, you're pretty much right.  Machine TLs, though...I just can't stand them.  Never knew how spoiled I was until I tried reading the non-Houzuki routes in Sharin's fandisk...ugh.  Soooo bad.

I'm mildly irked by grammatical and spelling errors, but I am a Grammar Nazi, and that alone isn't enough to make me rage-drop a VN, so yeah, you're pretty much right.  Machine TLs, though...I just can't stand them.  Never knew how spoiled I was until I tried reading the non-Houzuki routes in Sharin's fandisk...ugh.  Soooo bad.

Oh god that translation was really bad. I just Ctrl'd over all of them to get the extra route.

Oh god that translation was really bad. I just Ctrl'd over all of them to get the extra route.

Apparently the TL'er just machine TL'd the rest and actually worked on only Houzuki's route, and I can't really blame him.  They're mostly just fluff and h-scenes.  I actually got so disgusted with the actual story (or lack thereof) in them that I just skipped them, too.

Now, back to on-topic stuff.  Anyone heard anything about the patching progress?  I haven't heard much from Ouraibaa's insertion slaves recently, and we all know that Azengar is unable to do much of anything for a while.

Was there anything to read in those routes, besides eri's route too?It was a nukige vn with no plot.

Was there anything to read in those routes, besides eri's route too?It was a nukige vn with no plot.

Eh, it's basically a nukige, but it can't be really classified as one, IMO, since Houzuki's route exists.

I only read part of Sachi's route before I started skipping all the others.  They're basically just afterstory with h-scenes, from what I saw while skipping through them.

Eh, it's basically a nukige, but it can't be really classified as one, IMO, since Houzuki's route exists.

I only read part of Sachi's route before I started skipping all the others.  They're basically just afterstory with h-scenes, from what I saw while skipping through them.

Sorry for the off topic, after I saw Kenichi having sex with mana and sachi at the same time I had to stop playing it, it was just too bad, I was assuming the other ones were the same (leaving aside houzuki and eri)

Correct me if i´am wrong but you are glad that jast will license it ? They even havent released Sumaka and Seinarukana and with there speed we can be lucky if majikoi gets a release in 3 or 4 years.

He did say a lot of issues would have to be cleared first. Issues that may not be cleared. So calm yer panties, mate.

Hmm, my guess is that it would really be hard for jast to convince all of the members not to release the patch here since there are already a lot of people involved in the current translation. But they could have high probability that they will handle the majikoi s and other "sequels/versions" of majikoi. But the internet community is so vast that they couldn't stop fan-translators (noob or veteran) from translating one of the majikoi's before they do. Except if they are able to release one of those before the fan-translator's...

So people, give them, the current fan-translator team, your trust. Keep calm... XD

Honestly, it's not that I even care about having to buy a copy from Jast at some point - I have no problem spending money if a VN is actually "available" (as it stands, I back a fair amount of projects and try to buy VNs if localized). And really - setting aside Takajun and the work he put into it - the remaining effort is due to the TL team here at Fuwa, so it's their right to sell off their efforts, and I'll wish them the best (and best price they can squeeze out of Jast :P).

I'm just a bit bitter because I am pretty sure we will never see or hear anything about Majikoi again if things do go that direction. Not to mention the shattered hopes and dreams of those that waited, gave up, and had hope again. :P Ah well, damned if you do - damned if you don't.

I'll just silently wait for answers at this point, I've said all I can say. :shrug:

still stubbornly hoping we are just all getting trolled hard.

Guys, I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and practice some breathing exercises.

Good?  Okay.

While it's possible that JAST might license Majikoi, unless they actually hammer out a deal with Minato Soft and start working on Majikoi, as far as my legal knowledge goes, it's literally impossible for them to send out C&Ds until they get to that point, and negotiations between two companies can last for quite a long time.  Notice the phrasing of the language in the posts from the people at JAST: it's very non-committal.  It's a possibility, not a sure thing, and going off of what Peter Payne said, it's fairly unlikely.  "A lot of issues" don't usually clear up in a month or two.  Try to think about things calmly; I can't think of a situation where hysteria has helped at all.

I just got my hands on a copy recently and partial-patched it and I have to say, it's a very entertaining read. Goofy as all hell and fun characters, I cant wait till.... (sees jast rumors).... fuck (calmly takes chair and throws it through the dorm window)

douggle, on 06 Mar 2015 - 6:57 PM, said:douggle, on 06 Mar 2015 - 6:57 PM, said:

xipJPIO.png
Looks like a C&D isnt going to happen any time soon.

To be honest this looks like every response from a localization company when someone ask is (insert name) going to be localized anytime soon, so I don't think there is anything to be really worried about... unless I'm missing some other evidence.

(starts picking up glass)