Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

No, and even if it was, machine translations are so bad they're unreadable.

If you don't believe this, download the Sharin no Kuni fandisc and read all the other routes besides Houzuki's.  Just...sooooo bad.  I couldn't even finish one of them.

[/derail]

Anyway, just thought I'd pop back in to give you my condolences for the lost Miyako QC files.  I've accidentally wiped computers before, and it blows, but man, of all the routes to lose progress on...*sigh*

"What we cannot change, we must endure without bitterness."

miyako is bloody cursed.......CURSED! first the original translator vanished then you pc files disappeared....at least we dont have to retranslate....oh well keep up the cur-*cough* good work

CURSED!!! (LOL)

That makes sence, for some reason her route was the last to get translated and in game

she gets rejected in all routes.

But her time will come, for sure.

I love how straight forward that was.

I understand why he's saying it though, the project is slowly winding down there isn't much point in adding new people to the project now, As for the QC he's already gone through most of it once before so he already knows most of what needs to be fixed......

Well, that and people keep trying to tell him how to do his job or offering to do his job (the implication of which is that they could somehow do it faster). I'd be on kind of a short fuse, too.

i feel like if some enthusiastic people get some instructions from the higher ups here, they can do it faster + move on to majikoi s, or am i missing something here (sorry im new)

They said that they don't know if they will translate Majikoi S. They're focused on the prequel first. Nothing more, nothing less. Those games are quite big, this is a lot of work. We've got to be thankful because this is really rare that a team continue to translate a game that another team gave up. Many translations project died with the team with nobody to continue.

They said that they don't know if they will translate Majikoi S. They're focused on the prequel first. Nothing more, nothing less. Those games are quite big, this is a lot of work. We've got to be thankful because this is really rare that a team continue to translate a game that another team gave up. Many translations project died with the team with nobody to continue.

Mods, forgive if I'm going off topic a bit, but:

To expand on this a bit: MajiKoi's script is 27 files. MajiKoi S's script is 264 files. The logistics of finding what is and isn't done in that game would be a nightmare. Simply finding out what is and isn't translated, and which files belong to who, would be a very extensive job. It would then need to be translated by extracted script, rather than each whole route.

The original game, while a massive undertaking in its own right, pales in comparison to S. I imagine the A games a bit simpler, due to only have 3 absolute routes with nothing in common and no side routes, but I'd have to open up the script and look.

i feel like if some enthusiastic people get some instructions from the higher ups here, they can do it faster + move on to majikoi s, or am i missing something here (sorry im new)

Okay, well, first of all more people does not always mean faster. That is project management 101. And you typically only want people you know who can produce good quality work to actually work on a project. It can be counter-productive if someone who is poor at english starts editing scripts and they have to go back and redo things. There's also a matter of style, having a dozen people editing scripts can make for some really inconsistent results in the final product, a particular character could end up with a different way of speaking from scene to scene for example. There are other reasons why this is a bad idea but this is the gist of it. 

They've already enlisted help where it makes sense. Otherwise, wait and be patient.