Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

let`s play a game we`re going to see how long it takes before posts have to be deleted my guess is until the end of the page. But i got to make sure this one is on topic so guys just calm down we have the best damn translators in the world they may not be experienced or be very smart but they did volunteer so therefore they're the best we can get. Woo go team! Now let`s go win the baseball game!

>.< That seems like what most people make a script for, but whatever floats your boat. If it works for you, good for you!

Good luck, can't wait to read the finished work.

I have no problem admitting I don't know how to make a script that will do what needs to be done without breaking something. If you think you can and want to help out, by all means, have at it.

I have already made a Script and it work. it still requires some manual work but a lot less than inserting it all. The problem is that the extracted script have some lines that the file with the translation don't have, so i am trying to localice what the extra lines are. If i resolve it things should go much more fast, even doing a whole route in 3 or 4 hours.

To the guys pressuring the QC/Cleanup team.

Guys. Chill.

Please let the guys do their thing. If any of you could do better you would have volunteered, am I right?

And then you'd be in the same boat. Don't forget that nobody is paying them for doing this and they don't owe

you any explanations nor are they forced to meet any deadline.

Be constructive and encourage them/ be grateful for their efforts.

Guys. Chill.

Please let the guys do their thing. If any of you could do better you would have volunteered, am I right?

And then you'd be in the same boat. Don't forget that nobody is paying them for doing this and they don't owe

you any explanations nor are they forced to meet any deadline.

Be constructive and encourage them/ be grateful for their efforts.

Think like this. Most of the people here are proposing alternatives and ideas, are they not?

It's certainly a messy way to go about it, but something may come from this.

I'm certainly waiting with anticipation for the discovery of some kind of magic trick. Though it probably won't happen ;P

I have no problem admitting I don't know how to make a script that will do what needs to be done without breaking something. If you think you can and want to help out, by all means, have at it.

Since I don't have the real files you guys are working on, I tested it out by trivially copying and pasting (with minor formatting) text ripped straight out of Dowolf's YouTube subtitles and managed to get 2/3 of Kazama's route replaced in about 3-4 hours, give or take, with text that wraps properly and resizes automatically for long strings. It's nice that these formatting options can be embedded in the text instead of having to edit random bits in other parts of the binary file.

I did volunteer myself, but it seems I was a bit late to the party.

something may come from this.

I know what you mean but you also know what happens when they put pressure during the final stretch.

Speeding things up could lead to poor results and people are going to complain about that as well.

I think it's best just to be patient and wait.

Giving them words of thanks and cheering works better than cracking the whip on them. I'm pretty

sure they are plenty stressed out as it is. :S

I know what you mean but you also know what happens when they put pressure during the final stretch.

Speeding things up could lead to poor results and people are going to complain about that as well.

I think it's best just to be patient and wait.

Giving them words of thanks and cheering works better than cracking the whip on them. I'm pretty

sure they are plenty stressed out as it is. :S

Fufufu, but slaves deserve the whip.  :upupu:

Well, I see your point, though I still think suggestions and attempts at helping are welcome, but who am I?

The people who are working themselves are the ones who decide for themselves.

PS: The derail is strong in this one.  :michiru:

I get that people is trying to suggest things for the process to move faster, but even if it's not the intention, it certainly comes as pressure for these guys. They're doing their thing, the way they see fit, and only because they wanted to help. 

I know that at the end of the day everyone wants the same and no one wants to be pushy, but right now they're the ones working on it. I think they should be able to choose how they should do it. And certainly at their own pace. Just quality checking is a pain in the ass, I can't imagine this.

But anyway, it's not like I have authority in the project. I just don't want people fighting over silly stuff.

Well, here we go. Shouichi route inserted with the program.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jl254pvy55qq7xw/script.rar

Can someone confirm to me if it works? it's not important yet if the text is well placed but only if its work the whole route without crashes and if the text is inserted.

right as i chose Shouichi the game crashed :/ and closed

fuck xD. although it was expected jaja. Can you please send me a save with the point in what enters in the route?.

uhg...im not that experienced that with this kinda stuff. but here a little update: I tried it again and again. game still crashed. after that i added my old script back in (the yandere translation one) but now his route is translated. the text is in english but the name of the characters are still in japanese. xD wtf is happening.

and yea... i dont know exactly what u want now :D what do you want me to send u?

uhg...im not that experienced that with this kinda stuff. but here a little update: I tried it again and again. game still crashed. after that i added my old script back in (the yandere translation one) but now his route is translated. the text is in english but the name of the characters are still in japanese. xD wtf is happening.

and yea... i dont know exactly what u want now :D what do you want me to send u?

edit: don't sent it. i already find one in internet.

edit: don't sent it. i already find one in internet.

damn i was just about to do so. it was 75% through XD 

yea well im sorry. im not a great help. im just the guy...sitting in the back reading all posts and waiting for this project to finish -> in a patient way.