Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

No no xD. If i am not mistaken the "slaves" are inserting the translation into a .bin files. What i can do is merge these files into the original Script.pac so the game can work.

I have no means to automatically insert the text so they still have to manually insert it.

Are they just editing the bin files directly

No no xD. If i am not mistaken the "slaves" are inserting the translation into a .bin files. What i can do is merge these files into the original Script.pac so the game can work.

I have no means to automatically insert the text so they still have to manually insert it.

Are they just editing the bin files directly

Aww... So the programmers/hackers (slaves and pseudodiego) are using brute force.... Azengar and your translation program where art thou? XD

Good news. I succeeded to extract the text and repack it with the changes. i am doing it in a rather rudimentary way so it will take a little time to extract all.

If someone posts a clear guide on what exactly they're doing manually here, I can write up a script to do it. I'm a CompE major, an automation script should be doable :P I just have never been able to understand how to break the encryption, but if you guys already know how to get it back in, I can write a script to convert all the excel sheets at the very least.

Another question of mine. Since i'm no good in IT stuff i'm curious if new patch is gonna overwrite my actual version or would I have to uninstall it and install new one (meaning loosing all my saves and progress of previous routes). But I guess it's still time to think bout it since work isn't goin that fast..

I have already extracted all the text but i need a little help now. I need someone that test if it works.  Drop this Script.pac:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jl254pvy55qq7xw/script.rar

into the majikoi folder, overwrite it(make a copy first of the Original Script.pac) and in the prologue all text  with "Yamato" should be replaced with "Yamatoh"(for testing replacing text) and i need to know if the game enter without problem in any of the routes after the prologue.

I would do it myself but i didn't play any of the routes and i don't want to spoil me xD.

If someone posts a clear guide on what exactly they're doing manually here, I can write up a script to do it. I'm a CompE major, an automation script should be doable :P I just have never been able to understand how to break the encryption, but if you guys already know how to get it back in, I can write a script to convert all the excel sheets at the very least.

What I'm doing is using a hex editor to manually alter the existing Japanese text(which I can't even read, because HxD hates me) to the translated English text. At the same time, I'm entering needed line breaks and I just encountered the first place I had to resize the text, which took me a full day to figure out.

The reason I don't really want to try Diego's method is for those reasons: I looked it over and I don't see a clear way to alter things that need altering with how the game reads the script(mostly stupid font resizing).

I lost two weeks worth of work due to accidentally overwriting my backup and breaking my main, meaning all I had left was the backup of the backup, which I never remember to update. I'm about two fuckups away from breaking my last keyboard, which would be... problematic. I'll talk to diego more privately to see if his method will work how we need it to. If so, I imagine I can speed this up quite a bit. If not, well, my keyboard has had a long and good life.

Edit: I want to apologize for taking so long. Due to family issues and now school, my progress has slowed to about 100 lines edited a day, and that's on the days I actually can even start.

2nd Edit: Just so you guys know, we are fully capable of making a patch. Making it isn't the problem. We can unpack, edit, and repack the script all we want. The problem we've faced is just how time consuming the process of actually editing is. I have a sneaking suspicion this may be why many projects die.

Oh, yeah. I can assure you, actually doing stuff is not that hard. People just start all fired up the first week and then stop doing thing later. I've been doing another game's translation and that was the case :P

Anyway, don't give up! And don't really try to rush the stuff, either. It will come whenever it's ready, we can patiently wait. One way or another, this is the closest a translation for this game has ever come. So, kudos. 

What I'm doing is using a hex editor to manually alter the existing Japanese text(which I can't even read, because HxD hates me) to the translated English text. At the same time, I'm entering needed line breaks and I just encountered the first place I had to resize the text, which took me a full day to figure out.

The reason I don't really want to try Diego's method is for those reasons: I looked it over and I don't see a clear way to alter things that need altering with how the game reads the script(mostly stupid font resizing).

I lost two weeks worth of work due to accidentally overwriting my backup and breaking my main, meaning all I had left was the backup of the backup, which I never remember to update. I'm about two fuckups away from breaking my last keyboard, which would be... problematic. I'll talk to diego more privately to see if his method will work how we need it to. If so, I imagine I can speed this up quite a bit. If not, well, my keyboard has had a long and good life.

Edit: I want to apologize for taking so long. Due to family issues and now school, my progress has slowed to about 100 lines edited a day, and that's on the days I actually can even start.

2nd Edit: Just so you guys know, we are fully capable of making a patch. Making it isn't the problem. We can unpack, edit, and repack the script all we want. The problem we've faced is just how time consuming the process of actually editing is. I have a sneaking suspicion this may be why many projects die.

Almost all projects either have the translators and editors work in the script files directly from the start or have automated processes for this kind of thing. You really should try to work out a solution ApolloFortyNine. I hope you guys can get the help you need.

Almost all projects either have the translators and editors work in the script files directly from the start or have automated processes for this kind of thing. You really should try to work out a solution ApolloFortyNine. I hope you guys can get the help you need.

From the sounds of it, the editing is the bottleneck, not the reinsertion of text.

And keyboards are cheap: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-002478-Keyboard-K120/dp/B003ELVLKU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422332392&sr=8-1&keywords=keyboard

Just create a new email account if you've already signed up for prime trial. Or: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-DELL-USB-WIRE-KEYBOARD-5P02F-KB212-B-KB4021-KB4022-Deal-/221654573974?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item339ba46396 which is just ebay.

I'm assuming your American, because we're awesome.

I'm a little unsure of what the bottleneck is due to the way he's talking. They're adapting a youtube translation, and I think he's referring to adding those translations to the script files as editing, which isn't what we usually call editing. As far as I know, almost all of the translations except for what Ouraibaa is looking at now are already edited, using that word properly.

We are doing our best to get it all finished as fast as we can, however the main problem that causes us issues is the fact that there are some unique characters that screw with the scripts, which we have to take out manually, and it's hard to find those if you do it straight after you add the translations to the script.

My progress with Gaku's route:

07b5a0b6ae.png

this is what it looks like in game:

d0cabce45a.png

So we just ask you to stop complaining, and to stop spreading rumors about "we don't know what we are doing, and how to repack.", not only that but we have just had christmas and we are enjoying our holidays, because we have lives to worry about too.

We are going as fast as we can, so just wait alittle longer.

From what I can tell, it looks as though you are going through each string manually, inserting line breaks and resizing them to fit the windows if they get too long. That process can be automated as long as the string doesn't contain any other special character. I found the tool Pseudodiego used to extract the text in the (quasi) human-readable format you see in his screenshot, and I wrote a little test tool to repack them while automatically inserting line breaks. That way, for the strings that don't contain special characters (i.e. the vast majority of them), all you have to do is copy and paste whatever translation you have with you.