Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

"Real" life can be pretty cruel sometime -_- programming takes time, and Azengar-san probably going to be even busier the nearer Christmas get, so no Christmas present for you.... maybe....

Well, it is free to wish for its completion on Christmas. I do hope it will be done before the year starts but that is just wishful thinking.

Anyway, the pace is pretty good so what else could we wish for?

*poke*

Awaiting completion like everyone else, though probably not as much as some other people.  What's left to translate after Miyako route, aside from sequels/different games in the franchise?  Will that mean the whole game is effectively 'done' or is there still something more to do?

I'd rather start playing when the whole thing is completed, but I haven't been able to find a full clarification on this.

Also, my regards to those working on this - you seem to be doing an amazing job, and I can't wait to see the fruits of your effort.

*poke*

Awaiting completion like everyone else, though probably not as much as some other people.  What's left to translate after Miyako route, aside from sequels/different games in the franchise?  Will that mean the whole game is effectively 'done' or is there still something more to do?

I'd rather start playing when the whole thing is completed, but I haven't been able to find a full clarification on this.

Also, my regards to those working on this - you seem to be doing an amazing job, and I can't wait to see the fruits of your effort.

Once Miyako is translated, all that is left to do is for the lazy one called Ourai to QC both Miyako and Gakuto's route. Once that is done the translation is effectively completed and just needs to made into a patch.

U wonder where are those ppl who said it is stipid for Dowold to translate Miyako becouse Kosuna is allready at 99% ....

anyway Dowolf you are my hero

Same page as colekitt, still think it's pointless.

Once Miyako is translated, all that is left to do is for the lazy one called Ourai to QC both Miyako and Gakuto's route. Once that is done the translation is effectively completed and just needs to made into a patch.

Which won't be until after Christmas, as Azengar is busy till then. And it'll probably take some weeks after that, too.

Same page as colekitt, still think it's pointless.

if not for Dowolf you would still be waiting for the ramaing 1% to be done. It may be finished in a day in a year or never and in questionable quality of english.

Plz refrain from using Dowolf translation when it is out and wait for Kosuna - ok ?

Ok, a christmas present is wishful thinking. But even so, knowing that it might be done in three to five months is enough. We're talking about a game which translation was dead. Is good enough that someone picked it up and is actually making a progress.

So yeah, no pressure here. And thanks again for the translation.

Well proper proof reading and QC of Miyako will take soime time too - but yeah - making a patch takes usualy like 2 hours (from what I hear)

Well it may take up to 10 if it is 1st patch made fro VN.

Anyway there is no need to hurry with patch when it is not all done yet - besides Miyako curse havent been lifted yet ;p

@Olivier - sure its nice of Kosuna to volunteer, but there is little fruit from his work, well at least yet.

You never said how was the script he send - if it is good it will be good to have 2 translation to compare - will make proof reading much easier.

@Olivier - sure its nice of Kosuna to volunteer, but there is little fruit from his work, well at least yet.

You never said how was the script he send - if it is good it will be good to have 2 translation to compare - will make proof reading much easier.

Kosuna was the guy I first contacted. It was only because he offered to do it that I thought of proofreading it, which later let to me asking Dowolf to join us. No, he didn't contribute anything physical, but he was vital in the success of this project.

Even if some random guy offers to do the patch, this project was done mostly by these other users, including Azengar. If someone is gonna just take over and make the patch instead of him, I think someone should at least ask him. It'd be only respectful, as I can see why someone would want to do it himself. This is (partially) his project, after all.

Even if some random guy offers to do the patch, this project was done mostly by these other users, including Azengar. If someone is gonna just take over and make the patch instead of him, I think someone should at least ask him. It'd be only respectful, as I can see why someone would want to do it himself. This is (partially) his project, after all.

Well said ^_^

Anyway, judging from the speed of dowolf's work, I say 5 more days for Miyako to be 100% translated *cross finger* so good job I guess....

I have nothing but praise for Ouraibaa and Dowolf who are working hard for the translation, as well as the rest of the team. Now, this might just be my impatience speaking, but I think that if other programmers out there who know how to patch have offered their services, you should accept their help in the interest of getting this patch out as soon as possible (if, of course, Azengar doesn't mind - I'd like to think it'd be a load of his shoulders since he's preoccupied with real life now anyway) if it really is a max 10 hour job as another user has said before. I think that regardless of whose patch and translation will be used in the end, both Azengar and Kosuna should be credited for their work in this translation. 

Just my two cents, and keep rocking, people. I downloaded Majikoi a week ago and was really disappointed to see Miyako not translated. I can't express how happy I was when I saw that there was a translation project with actual progress being done. So, thanks to all of you.

Well proper proof reading and QC of Miyako will take soime time too - but yeah - making a patch takes usualy like 2 hours (from what I hear)

Well it may take up to 10 if it is 1st patch made fro VN.

Anyway there is no need to hurry with patch when it is not all done yet - besides Miyako curse havent been lifted yet ;p

2 hours sounds right more or less depending on the game engine

Thank you oh so very much for taking up the task of translating this game. I've been worried it might never be fully translated until I saw this. I have to say that the picture quality seems very good as well, at least on par with some of the better VNs, not many fans could match that skill. I hope that eventually Majikoi S gets a full translation as well (I'm not sure if A will before I can't play these anymore as these games take a lot of time that I won't have), though I don't care nearly as much as I do about this one, as long as it has been done well that is and I dare not judge it before I have read it myself. If you guys end up doing more translations you'll have plenty of people to lend you support.

I'm really sorry for doing this and i know that these have been answered before,but i can't find the answers.

1)Are you going to translate any other Majikoi games after you're done with this one?

2)Could someone PLEASE explain to me what majikoi games exist and in what order they are.I'm quite confused

3)Are there any other translated majikoi games,or at least being translated,and by whom are they being translated?

Thank you

I'm really sorry for doing this and i know that these have been answered before,but i can't find the answers.

1)Are you going to translate any other Majikoi games after you're done with this one?

2)Could someone PLEASE explain to me what majikoi games exist and in what order they are.I'm quite confused

3)Are there any other translated majikoi games,or at least being translated,and by whom are they being translated?

Thank you

1. There are no plans to translate any other Majikoi games at the moment, such things will be decided after this translation is done.

2. There exists Majikoi, Majikoi S and Majikoi A-1 to Majikoi A-5. Best order would be to read them in that order.

3. About 40% of Majikoi S is translated as well as a single route of Majikoi A-1, though both of those translations are dead and the only Majikoi translation alive at the moment is this one.