Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

Once Miyako is finished, Majikoi is complete at last. Hopefully Kosuna will have it ready soon. A month or two?

or 3

with unknown quality of translation ....

Kosuna is translating a "couple final lines" he wants to reaserch some more for a month now.

Honestly If Dowulf started translating Miyako from scrach right now i think he still would be faster.

There is something fishy about Kosuna progress - it is over a year now with no results and no updates ..,

Ouraibaa do you have at least any partial translated script send by Kosuna ?, maybe it is time to give the final % to Dowulf anyway ...

or 3

Kosuna is translating a "couple final lines" he wants to reaserch some more for a month now.

Honestly If Dowulf started translating Miyako from scrach right now i think he still would be faster.

There is something fishy about Kosuna progress - it is over a year now with no results and no updates ..,

Ouraibaa do you have at least any partial translated script send by Kosuna ?, maybe it is time to give the final % to Dowulf anyway ...

.... have faith there. But I do wish it would be done before the end of this year....  -_-

or 3

well your getting what you paid for, oh what you didn't pay anything then stop complaining, kosuna did this for free do you know how hard it is to translate a full route no then go learn Japanese and translate who cares how slow he goes hes volunteering.   

well your getting what you paid for, oh what you didn't pay anything then stop complaining, kosuna did this for free do you know how hard it is to translate a full route no then go learn Japanese and translate who cares how slow he goes hes volunteering.   

I don't think that's a fair thing to say at all, especially in regards to this situation, where people have been waiting for literal years for this to come out, maybe ever since it released in glorious Nippon in... what, 2009? And considering how these people have been left hanging time and time again over the course of several years in terms of translation, a bit of impatience is acceptable, especially since most of the community has been extremely supportive, even if a little suspicious (rightfully so). And an alternative translator who is willing to work on and has been doing such for this project, at an extremely fast rate.

And let's say, Kosuna hasn't translated a thing. Not saying he hasn't, but let's just go with this scenario a bit. Not only is that really scummy, it's not okay to volunteer for something and not fulfill your commitment and leave countless people hanging in the dark. It doesn't matter if it was voluntary, if the commitment was not fulfilled, you've wasted people's time, and it's been nearly a year of time I gather. That's quite a bit of time in a person's life to be wasted upon waiting for something that brings them joy.

I would agree with you, please understand that, if it was earlier, like sometime around June or July, when it was originally promised. The fact that there's been so many pushes in terms of deadline and the previous history does warrant a bit of suspicion, especially since it might come to the fact that it's not going to come out this year.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Angmir. I'm not quite as impatient, but I can imagine others ripping their hair out over it. While I can't speak for the TL team or Kosuna himself, I feel like it's time to hand it off to Dowolf even if he's not finished yet, as it seems Dowolf just works faster and much more efficiently (no offense, of course).

EDIT: I would also like to point out that everyone is doing some great work so far and good job on it, guys.

I don't think that's a fair thing to say at all, especially in regards to this situation, where people have been waiting for literal years for this to come out, maybe ever since it released in glorious Nippon in... what, 2009? And considering how these people have been left hanging time and time again over the course of several years in terms of translation, a bit of impatience is acceptable, especially since most of the community has been extremely supportive, even if a little suspicious (rightfully so). And an alternative translator who is willing to work on and has been doing such for this project, at an extremely fast rate.

And let's say, Kosuna hasn't translated a thing. Not saying he hasn't, but let's just go with this scenario a bit. Not only is that really scummy, it's not okay to volunteer for something and not fulfill your commitment and leave countless people hanging in the dark. It doesn't matter if it was voluntary, if the commitment was not fulfilled, you've wasted people's time, and it's been nearly a year of time I gather. That's quite a bit of time in a person's life to be wasted upon waiting for something that brings them joy.

I would agree with you, please understand that, if it was earlier, like sometime around June or July, when it was originally promised. The fact that there's been so many pushes in terms of deadline and the previous history does warrant a bit of suspicion, especially since it might come to the fact that it's not going to come out this year.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Angmir. I'm not quite as impatient, but I can imagine others ripping their hair out over it. While I can't speak for the TL team or Kosuna himself, I feel like it's time to hand it off to Dowolf even if he's not finished yet, as it seems Dowolf just works faster and much more efficiently (no offense, of course).

EDIT: I would also like to point out that everyone is doing some great work so far and good job on it, guys.

you do realize that the full routes are so much longer than the side routes and I don't remember dowolf ever volunteering for the miyako route. he even has to go to the hospital and he's continuing so tell me how would it feel if you are volunteering to do something but everyone says you're slow yet no one else volunteers.

you do realize that the full routes are so much longer than the side routes and I don't remember dowolf ever volunteering for the miyako route. he even has to go to the hospital and he's continuing so tell me how would it feel if you are volunteering to do something but everyone says you're slow yet no one else volunteers.

I guess this is my cue.

Subtle change to the 1st post.

Whoever finds it first gets a like and an explanation of what the hell it means. 

GO!

I think the fact that Dowolf has translated five of the side-routes in the span of only a few weeks is an indication of how fast of a worker he is. And considering Miyako's route is the shortest main girl route in the game, I'd say probably is on par with what he's done so far. And I believe it was said after Kosuna goes to the hospital, he's sending what he has over Ourai's way and he's giving it off to Dowolf to finish off. So either way, he's going to be looking over it/translating whatever's left. 

I don't know. Depends, I guess. If it was a few weeks, probably would feel pretty bad. A few months? Less bad. Half a year? Probably understand where they're coming from, but still work as hard as ever to get it out despite real life getting in the way. And a year? ...Well you get the picture.

I guess this is my cue.

Subtle change to the 1st post.

Whoever finds it first gets a like and an explanation of what the hell it means. 

GO!

Kosuna (99%) / Dowolf (0%)

Is that it?

Miyako 99% by Kosuna

Miyako 0% by Doswolf

And the winner is.............

Nero! Or "Drago" or whatever.

And first of all, I'd like to point out that this wasn't done out of peer pressure or because some guy said something somewhere.

Anywho, since Dowolf is basically out of work, I decided to discuss his next work with him, and since he wants to complete his work on the original Majikoi before potentially moving on to S, I proposed he could start working on Miyako in case something happened to Kosuna. Also, since he apparently has unlimited amount of free time, I figured it'd be a good way for him to keep occupied.

Now we're just waiting to see who finishes first.

Nero! Or "Drago" or whatever.

And first of all, I'd like to point out that this wasn't done out of peer pressure or because some guy said something somewhere.

Anywho, since Dowolf is basically out of work, I decided to discuss his next work with him, and since he wants to complete his work on the original Majikoi before potentially moving on to S, I proposed he could start working on Miyako in case something happened to Kosuna. Also, since he apparently has unlimited amount of free time, I figured it'd be a good way for him to keep occupied.

Now we're just waiting to see who finishes first.

A good question to bring up would be this: is dowolf starting from scratch on the Miyako route (as one could reasonably assume by "Miyako 0% [Dowolf]") or is he starting where yandere's progress halted? This could still be interpreted as 0% (of the way through the final 15%) though

A good question to bring up would be this: is dowolf starting from scratch on the Miyako route (as one could reasonably assume by "Miyako 0% [Dowolf]") or is he starting where yandere's progress halted? This could still be interpreted as 0% (of the way through the final 15%) though

Judging by Kazama route, he's starting from scratch.

Besides, half the point of this is to keep the beast busy.

I think the fact that Dowolf has translated five of the side-routes in the span of only a few weeks is an indication of how fast of a worker he is. And considering Miyako's route is the shortest main girl route in the game, I'd say probably is on par with what he's done so far. And I believe it was said after Kosuna goes to the hospital, he's sending what he has over Ourai's way and he's giving it off to Dowolf to finish off. So either way, he's going to be looking over it/translating whatever's left. 

I don't know. Depends, I guess. If it was a few weeks, probably would feel pretty bad. A few months? Less bad. Half a year? Probably understand where they're coming from, but still work as hard as ever to get it out despite real life getting in the way. And a year? ...Well you get the picture.

it was stated earlier saying that the side routes were tiny run through it with a timer letting the voices play on auto see how long each are in comparison to miyako.

also if this is a race i bet a cookie on kosuna 

And this is exactly why we don't have deadlines anymore. Such a ruddy mess.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think it's the lack of solid updates from kosuna that are starting to cause worry. Especially contrasted to a completed route every week or two from dowolf, which I don't think is fair to kosuna, as the side routes are significantly shorter.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think it's the lack of solid updates from kosuna that are starting to cause worry. Especially contrasted to a completed route every week or two from dowolf, which I don't think is fair to kosuna, as the side routes are significantly shorter.

It's at 99%, which I think is pretty damn solid.

But then there were lines he had trouble with (Which turned out to be Chinese, btw. No idea what that's about. He's flipping through Kanji books to figure it out.), and I said he could work on it, since it's what he'd been working on for nearly a year.

Also, Dowolf is a freaking powerhouse, just sayin'.

It's at 99%, which I think is pretty damn solid.

But then there were lines he had trouble with (Which turned out to be Chinese, btw. No idea what that's about. He's flipping through Kanji books to figure it out.), and I said he could work on it, since it's what he'd been working on for nearly a year.

Also, Dowolf is a freaking powerhouse, just sayin'.

Chinese... in a VN? That's odd. Has he tried asking someone who speaks chinese?