Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

Can somebody explain to me as simple as possible how far this project now is?

I tried to go through the posts but as someone whose first language isn't english I have problems to understand everything.

For example I read that the Miyako route is tba, then something about 85% and also sometimes 99%. I also don't know what "cq" means. So it is quite confusing for me.

In the end it seems to me that the full english patch is mostly finished or am I misunderstandning anything?

I'm sorry if my question is bothering anyone but I'd like to know because I'm really looking forward to it.

I think people expect QC/proofreading to be an easy job. Hey they get to read the translation before anyone else and all they have to do is point out a few mistakes!!! Then you actually sit down to do it and a few hours later you feel like you've gotten nowhere and are tired of it all. And let's not get started with editing where you actually have to write well. I secretly chuckle at all of the people who are all "Well I got decent english grades in high school, I can probably edit. Sign me up!"

Spoilers: It's actually hard and you shouldn't volunteer unless you're serious.

I think people expect QC/proofreading to be an easy job. Hey they get to read the translation before anyone else and all they have to do is point out a few mistakes!!! Then you actually sit down to do it and a few hours later you feel like you've gotten nowhere and are tired of it all. And let's not get started with editing where you actually have to write well. I secretly chuckle at all of the people who are all "Well I got decent english grades in high school, I can probably edit. Sign me up!"

Spoilers: It's actually hard and you shouldn't volunteer unless you're serious.

True indeed. I helped for a while on the proofreading, but some unexpected drama ended it, sadly : p

It really is smth people should be grateful for.

YOU'RE ALIVE MY FRIEND?!!!

QC is indeed a terrifying position, I've been on the brink of offering to do QC since when i first joined the original thread.

I have experience with QC due to work I've done on the sites of my family's companies (I'm also the one to approve many important messages sent out), however i'm not the most "dedicated" (for lack of a better word) when given the work and left to my own devices with only a deadline provided.

I humbly apologize to Ouraibaa, Dowolf, and any other members of the translation crew that I failed to mention for not being confident enough in my ability to stay on task

.... let the commoner do commoner's work so the hero can do his job Kuki :P

Maybe it's premature, but are there any plans to do S? Or any of the As?

Dowolf has said he is a solid "maybe". It is a very big undertaking to continue to the other games. Most of Maji Koi was already done when he started, with only the side routes remaining. S has significantly more left undone(likely a majority of the game), and would be a much bigger project. The A-x games are much the same.

In addition, he'd need the entire staff here willing to carry on, since QC, image editing, and patching would all still need doing. That said, I really do hope they keep on, as I would love to read the remaining new route in S(childhood/kouki) as well as the routes in the A-x games.

On a related note, all hail dowolf, breaker of the Maji Koi curse.

The curse is that no one who starts finishes(as is demonstrated by the lack of complete patch for any of the games). Dowolf has finished everything he stated he would do.

well, we'll see if azengar is still alive before we jinx it.

update: gakuto is at 100%.

giant text is fun~

Awesome news.

So what happens now - I mean you can take some well deserved rest now, but if Kosuna still doest bring you the Miyako route for translation check for another week or 2 - do you plan to translate anything else ?