Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

ueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Few days more without Miyako route translation update and I will colapse into despair.

This is too cruel !

I am simply grieving over old thread - out there you could at least tell the thread is moving ;]

thank you man ! You are a Santaclaus only better cause you are working whole year !

;]

If you dont mind Dowulf - could you say something about where you come from  and how long you been learning Japanese - I am curious becouse right now I am trying to learn it on my own for like year now, and i wonder how long it takes untill you reach the level allowing you to read VN  ;]

(It is self studdy in my case - but I am very dedicated and can understand A LOT of spoken Japanese now, and read Kana characters and so

thank you man ! You are a Santaclaus only better cause you are working whole year !

;]

If you dont mind Dowulf - could you say something about where you come from  and how long you been learning Japanese - I am curious becouse right now I am trying to learn it on my own for like year now, and i wonder how long it takes untill you reach the level allowing you to read VN  ;]

(It is self studdy in my case - but I am very dedicated and can understand A LOT of spoken Japanese now, and read Kana characters and so

Such a conversation would belong in a private chat.

If you wish to ask him about his personal life, just send him a PM.

All that remains of S that needs translating from what I recall is the after stories, which are short, and Koyuki's route. I don't know how long that route is though I think I remember the guy from Wairu saying it was about as long Miyako's, could be remembering it wrong though.

There was a separate guy, Gentleblade, who was translating Koyuki's route. I did a bit of QC for him, but got caught up in other stuff and ended up figuring that I could just wait with the QC till he was done translating.

That was a while ago, and I don't know how far he is now.

Edit: Seems his last update was a couple of months ago. He apparently uploads to Youtube like Dowolf.

Or just a bad game haha

It's basically a really bad game where there are a lot of permament failure states,and it's a lot luck based.Most,if not all games give you the promise of a reward equal to the skill,patience and dedication you put in them,and also promise that if you try hard enough they won't allow anything to stand between you and the reward/finish line,while ''Life'' is heavily based on luck,and on other ''players''.1/10,would not play.

Not to be rude but how come Miyako route is the last to be translated out of the five main heroines? I kinda like her alot since you know o.o and how do translator people learn their japanese? It is hard for me to keep practicing whenever I try even got rosetta stone.

Maybe Miyako was the original translator's least favorite, who knows. And they all tend to learn Japanese in different ways. Some have learned it in college, others are self-taught. You have to be diligent to self-teach yourself, even with learning aids, that's for sure.

Not to be rude but how come Miyako route is the last to be translated out of the five main heroines?

I remember TakaJun, the original translator, ran polls on his site on who to translate and in which order. I don't remember the results and the site is gone, but it's safe to assume she wasn't as popular back then as she is today.

Not to be rude but how come Miyako route is the last to be translated out of the five main heroines? I kinda like her alot since you know o.o and how do translator people learn their japanese? It is hard for me to keep practicing whenever I try even got rosetta stone.

After Yandere died, a lot of time passed without anyone picking up the translation. A thread was started to look for a team. A guy named Kosuna offered to translate it, and I contacted him, and, with Azengar as our tech guy, we went to work on the Miyako route (And a little bit on the Agave route.). However, Kosuna's health isn't very good, and real life has had a tendency to get in his way, so he wasn't able to do much progress. Then not long ago, I found Dowolf, who had begun translating Agave on his own for his YouTube channel. I asked him if he'd like to join us in our effort, and he agreed. He turned out to be much more efficient than Kosuna, and thus has been able to finish translating not just Agave, but several of the side routes, while Kosuna is finishing up Miyako until he leaves for the hospital for the last time, at which point Kosuna will leave the team for good. When he leaves for the hospital, he'll give the Miyako route to me, and I'll hand it to Dowolf for translation check, and then it goes back to me for quality check.