Majikoi Translation Discussion

NhKPaNdA

Translation project for Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!( or "Majikoi," for short.)

Team members/People involved in the process:

Kosuna - Temporary Miyako Translator

Dowolf - Main Translator

Ouraibaa Hjyuraa - Quality Checker

Azengar - Programmer

Helvetica Standard - Image Editor

The dead Yandere Translation has already translated Common route, Yukie route, Kazuko route, Momoyo route, Chris route, Teacher side route, all the menus, end skits, as well as some of the Miyako route and the Kazama side-route.

Progress:

Agave route: 100% translation, 100% QC. Patching starting on Friday 3/10.

Miyako route: TBA

Kazama side-route: 100% translation, 100% QC. Will be released together with the Chika side-route.

Chika side-rotue: 100% translation,  60% QC.

Mayo side-route: 100% translation, 0% QC.

Moro side-route: TBA

Gakuto side-route: TBA

Optional uncensor patch: 100%. Will be released together with the Miyako patch.

Uncensor samples (Warning: NSFW):

Yukie

Teacher

Chris

Momoyo

(Uncensor quality will vary. Remember, this is fan made. Don't expect premium quality.)

All future patches will be compatible with each other and Yandere's.

Got any questions, feel free to ask.

Game download link: http://sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=299729 (Includes Yandere's translation)

Link to old thread.

Long ago the Majikoi Paths lived in Harmony in Japan

Then, everything changed when the American VN Culture Attacked

Only Yandere Translators, master of the Japanese Language and translating VNs could translate the game

Then, when the world needed them most, they vanished.

A few years had passed, and we found a new translator, an indie guy named Kosuna

buthekindofgotsickandstopped

A year passed and found a new public representative for the translation, a Polish Guy named Ouraii

I believe Ouraii can translate Miyako

Comone Kosuna ! In this pace Dowulf will translate whole Majikoi S before Miyako is done ! Great Work btw.

Olivier - you said Kosuna will go to hospital sometime soon - and it was a while ago - is he still Translating ?

Not to be a ass but Why do I feel Kosuna finishing the script and giving to Ourai as he heads to the hospital seems like a Death Flag......Seriously anyone else imagine that and tell me it don't raise a death flag to you

Some spooky stuff going on with this VN series, though. Pretty much every translator has either vanished or had some ill come to them. It's pretty depressing Wairu died as well, as I was really looking forward to that Benkei route and they were pumping out patches really fast. 
(I think people just get bored with translating, find that the fans just keep asking when it's done over and over without showing much appreciation, so they just call it quits)

Glad this is getting done, though. You guys translated Mayo route really fast though. How many people are working on this translation?

I didn't even know Moro or Gakuto had their own routes. I don't think it is but... I-Is it y-yaoi?

Comone Kosuna ! In this pace Dowulf will translate whole Majikoi S before Miyako is done ! Great Work btw.

Olivier - you said Kosuna will go to hospital sometime soon - and it was a while ago - is he still Translating ?

He's technically finished (with a few lines missing here and there), but he said he'd like to continue working on it until a few days before he leaves for the hospital, at which point he'll send it to me.

Only Yandere Translators, master of the Japanese Language and translating VNs could translate the game

A few years had passed, and we found a new translator, an indie guy named Kosuna

A year passed and found a new public representative for the translation, a Polish Guy named Ouraii

I think Dab finally cracked, and has fallen down the endless spiral of nonsensical sarcasm.

Either that, or he's got no idea what he's talking about, and is just spewing shit.

Some spooky stuff going on with this VN series, though. Pretty much every translator has either vanished or had some ill come to them. It's pretty depressing Wairu died as well, as I was really looking forward to that Benkei route and they were pumping out patches really fast. 

(I think people just get bored with translating, find that the fans just keep asking when it's done over and over without showing much appreciation, so they just call it quits)

Glad this is getting done, though. You guys translated Mayo route really fast though. How many people are working on this translation?

I didn't even know Moro or Gakuto had their own routes. I don't think it is but... I-Is it y-yaoi?

Only Dowolf translated Mayo, and while he is quite diligent and thorough, the side routes are quite short. It'd take a lot longer for any of the main routes to get translated. 

Hey guys, 

I'm pretty much new here but I just wanted to give a word of appreciation for the time, work and dedication that has been put into translating this VN. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread considering I'm still anticipating to be able to finish the Miyako-route (best girl obviously). 

Thanks!

avatar? really? while amusing, please stay on topic. (or does this actually count?)

My advice - dont release side routes seperatly nor in packs of 2 (Shoichi and Chika)

wait for all 5 to get translated then release them.

Three patches is more than enough we need untill Majikoi is fully translated. More patches mean more delay and more work for your team.

I reeeeeeeely cant wait for Miyako route - I even started replaying through it is japanaese now again.

My advice - dont release side routes seperatly nor in packs of 2 (Shoichi and Chika)

wait for all 5 to get translated then release them.

Three patches is more than enough we need untill Majikoi is fully translated. More patches mean more delay and more work for your team.

I reeeeeeeely cant wait for Miyako route - I even started replaying through it is japanaese now again.

Are the Kokoros gonna fight?!

On a serious note, we'll release the patches according to what's most convenient. If I finish Chika at the same time as Azengar finishes the Agave patch, I'll give Kazama and Chika to him and we'll release those together. If I finish Chika before the Agave patch is done, I'll hold on to them and see how far I am with Mayo when the Agave patch is done.

Easy Kirashi - look up the thread - it was answered even on this very page.

I wouldnt mind tho if Ouraibaa was a bit more specific

I know it is a bit of prying into things, so you will answer depoending on your mood ;]

When is Kosuna going to the hospital - so we know - when is the end date for his translation.

Easy Kirashi - look up the thread - it was answered even on this very page.

I wouldnt mind tho if Ouraibaa was a bit more specific

I know it is a bit of prying into things, so you will answer depoending on your mood ;]

When is Kosuna going to the hospital - so we know - when is the end date for his translation.

Honesly I am definetly not reading Agave before reading Miyako ...

Kosuna just told me that it was "weeks."

I assumed around 2, but that obviously wasn't correct. Regardless, when I last spoke with him, he said it was soon-ish. He has "completed" the script, except for some lines he wanted to work more on, so I told him to just keep working on it until a couple of days prior his leaving.

the agave route patching does it mean its gonna be released on the 10th or that the patch is gonna start being made then or something else? sorry if its a stupid question

Day/Month/Year.

The date in the first post is the 3rd October, which is tomorrow.

And Azengar has had exams the entire last two weeks, so he'll begin work on it tomorrow (and without much trouble, as he has holiday starting from tomorrow).

So,what is Yandere translation's web page? All i could find is this http://yandere.tindabox.net/

Also,on http://vntls.org/group/yandere+translations it says Majikoi is dropped? :/ Am i missing something here?

You are indeed missing something.

Yandere Translations started and finished nearly all the main routes, but they dropped the project before Miyako's was finished.

This project, originally meant only to translate Miyako's route, then turned into the translation of everything Yandere left incomplete.

Kosuna just told me that it was "weeks."

I assumed around 2, but that obviously wasn't correct. Regardless, when I last spoke with him, he said it was soon-ish. He has "completed" the script, except for some lines he wanted to work more on, so I told him to just keep working on it until a couple of days prior his leaving.

Day/Month/Year.

The date in the first post is the 3rd October, which is tomorrow.

And Azengar has had exams the entire last two weeks, so he'll begin work on it tomorrow (and without much trouble, as he has holiday starting from tomorrow).

i genuinly cant belive i read the dates wrong i feel like i should put down lol thanks for the answer in any case

So,what is Yandere translation's web page? All i could find is this http://yandere.tindabox.net/

Also,on http://vntls.org/group/yandere+translations it says Majikoi is dropped? :/ Am i missing something here?

Come to think about it - it is strange they did not acknowlaged ours (yours ;p) translation effort ...

I thought vntls was quite well informed and had info on 99% of translations.

Maybe its becouse they still expect Yandere to return at some point ;]

Or maybe there is some war between 2 websites ;- ?