Rune Factory Discussion

Novel21

Hello I'm not sure this is right thread for talk about Rune Factory Oceans for PS3, Which not can somebody move it to right thread.

I'm playing Rune Factory Oceans i think is very amasing game to play, i like the game very much.

I think is hard to complete this game and Get other Islands,

Does other think same as me about this?

I Would like to hear what there think about this game?

What there like about this game?

What there dont like?

Who is there favorite characther?

Which characther there dont like?

And tips how to complete this game is very welcome.

Thats for now:-)

I play all of Rune factory series

-I Would like to hear what there think about this game?

This game focus on combat and explore than another thing but no farming. If you want to grow plant (include ore) you need to unlock the island and assign monster that can grow it. It is totally random too.

It becomes boring fast after finish the story line and get marriage. Even the Colosseum's boss that can one-shot you isn't much challenge (some tip : Some wand is god weapon, especially the charge attack)

-What there like about this game?

Same as another rune factory series. The combat is good and it support PS move (In PS3) that also make me lose some weight when play it. (try fishing 1000 times with PS move and you will understand)

-What there don't like?

No farming.

-Who is there favorite character?

Violet - she is the shy gentle nurse

-Which character there don't like?

Nope

-Some tip to play

Buy the yan from shop and make wool hat will net some profit and train some craft skill at the same time.

Buy make an ice cream is the good way to train cooking skill since you can buy all ingredient from shop and eat it to recover RP.

When selling, barter for 110-130% selling price. If it fails, just close and open again.

Melee weapon likes dual blade and katana is good for clear out the mob but range weapon like wand is good for killing the boss since boss hit us hard (Last 2 wand's charge attack is hit&run. it causes a lot of damage too.)

Always try to max out Friendship point before last boss. It will make the fight easier.

you can park your golem at sea if you can't reach any island before HP or RP is run out.

Don't use runies on wrong island unless that island is already 100 %.

Maybe more but I forget :P

Right now I'm playing Tales of Graces f, then Tales of Xilia and then I'll probably get onto Rune Factory series, I have the DS ones, the Wii one named Frontier (which I'll be playing after Xilia) and I'll probably buy US Version of Oceans for PS3.

P.D:Sandshroud Ruins on ToGf is a pain in the ass, THESE ARE real puzzles, and not shits that appear only in TLoZ :C

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So I recently just finished Rune Factory 4.  I had previously played the first Rune Factory game but found it slightly boring and quickly returned it.  Despite this, I decided to give Rune Factory 4 a chance since I head the mechanics were much improved since the first game.  In short, I fell in love with this game and put roughly 100 hours into this month.  

So, has anyone else played any of the games in the series?  Like it, hate it?  Favorite characters?  

I enjoyed the harvest moon games, and fell in love with Rune Factory 1 when it was released. It is the only game in the genre that I actually bothered to have multiple playthroughs to romance several girls in, pretty much ruined the simple harvest moon games for me. I've tried getting into the sequels, but never got anywhere close to finishing the story or romancing someone. Guess I don't have the patience for the genre anymore.

I've been fairly interested in it, but I couldn't play any of the games.

That's mainly due to console problems.

Is it worth picking up the previous titles?

Each has their own appeal.

RF 1 set the standard but plays out far more similar to the standard harvest moon games as far as romance goes, you romance simply by giving gifts and occasionally having special events while later games allow you to do jobs for characters to build friendship/love. The story is good.

Frontier is just a rehash of RF 1 with a different supporting cast.

Rf 2 was more questing heavy and is special in that once you've romanced your partner and have a kid. You then begin playing as the kid, romancing partners in the next generation of townspeople.

Rf 3 you were born a (cute) monster but are transformed into a human. Eventually you can change between monster and human form at will, romance both humans and monster-girls, and build relations between the monster and human settlements.

Rf 4 didn't have any special mechanic, but has the solid storytelling that all the games have and has really solidified all the standard gameplay elements of the series.

What I heard was that 3 and 4 polished up a lot of the mechanics to make things not as tedious.  Honestly, 4 was never challenging until the extra final dungeon which they decided to make completely ridiculous for some reason.  

The main thing that annoyed me in the first one was the fact that my RP drained so quickly I could never get too far in a dungeon without running out.  I feel like know that I know the pacing it may be simpler though. 

I got really into Rune Factory 4 for a week or so (maybe sunk 10 or 12 hours into it?), but drifted on to something else after that. It was a lot of fun, but:

1) I never really got a feel for the action/combat part of the game

2) There's so much to do in the game that, however I spend my day, I felt like I was probably missing out on something I should be doing

I also didn't get far enough with it to do any of the romance stuff, which probably would have gotten me more interested. Oh well. Right now I have a backlog of ~ 6 portable games, between the DS and Vita, so I probably won't ever get back to Rune Factory 4, but if there's a new game in the series, I'll probably add it to that backlog :)

I got really into Rune Factory 4 for a week or so (maybe sunk 10 or 12 hours into it?), but drifted on to something else after that. It was a lot of fun, but:

1) I never really got a feel for the action/combat part of the game

2) There's so much to do in the game that, however I spend my day, I felt like I was probably missing out on something I should be doing

I also didn't get far enough with it to do any of the romance stuff, which probably would have gotten me more interested. Oh well. Right now I have a backlog of ~ 6 portable games, between the DS and Vita, so I probably won't ever get back to Rune Factory 4, but if there's a new game in the series, I'll probably add it to that backlog :)

For the combat, the first arc is relatively straightforward and you can press B to win.  The second arc requires you to use some strategy and have decent crafting/forging to make it through.  The third arc is the game developers laughing in your face as you walk into a room and are instantly killed by a trap because you do not have a.) prior knowledge or b.) the best crafting/weaponry in the game to survive.  Basically it becomes craft/forge to win since everything is twice your level. 

There's no real way to guide your day. Aside from a few Town Events, the game pretty much lets you do the arcs and story at your own pace.  So if you want to get married before doing anything (it takes about a year in game) you can.  I think the best strategy is going through a year, getting married and doing the first arc, unless you're going after someone who isn't around until late game. 

I've played all the Rune Factory games, except 4 (damned 3DS). I haven't finished 1 and 2 though, because 3 was the first game I played and 1&2 felt a bit boring in comparison. RF 2 sounds interesting though. Playing as your kid sounds fun. You can have a mock marriage too as a child, right? Heck, you can even marry two people at once if I remember correctly (only with the twin though).

Raven is love, Raven is life.

76o79Nz3iySHDwC9Mv0p.jpg

I've played all the Rune Factory games, except 4 (damned 3DS). I haven't finished 1 and 2 though, because 3 was the first game I played and 1&2 felt a bit boring in comparison. RF 2 sounds interesting though. Playing as your kid sounds fun. You can have a mock marriage too as a child, right? Heck, you can even marry two people at once if I remember correctly (only with the twin though).

76o79Nz3iySHDwC9Mv0p.jpg

She's in 4 too (though not dateable).  Seems like who I would probably go for. 

76o79Nz3iySHDwC9Mv0p.jpg

Aniki.....-tears up.-

Raven is my fav too.

She's in 4 too (though not dateable).  Seems like who I would probably go for.

Yeah. I was really excited for that when I heard about it. But then I realized 4 is 3DS-only.

Aniki.....-tears up.-

Raven is my fav too.

I just knew that I will like her when she was first introduced. And then I knew that

she is a half-monster,

that makes me like her even more.

Yeah. I was really excited for that when I heard about it. But then I realized 4 is 3DS-only.

I just knew that I will like her when she was first introduced. And then I knew that

she is a half-monster,

that makes me like her even more.

Can I adopt you?