Anybody Interested in a Japanese Basic Grammar Teaching Livestream (&Youtube)?

rainsismyfav

Interest + Time Slot  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be interested?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Which day and time would work for you?

• Sat. 4-6pm EST
    • Sat. 6-8pm EST
    • Sat. 8-10pm EST
    • Sun 4-6pm EST
    • Sun 6-8pm EST
    • Sun 8-10pm EST

This poll is closed to new votes

Hello folks,

As the title suggested, I'm curious to see how many people will be interested in watching an instructional jp basic grammar livestream (which will be uploaded to youtube). It will be aimed for beginners. If I'm successful I will keep on going~.

So far I only have rough plans but the set-up will look like this:

Hitbox livestream

720p

Microsoft Powerpoint Presentation

No webcam

I'm only planning to go over basic grammar (for now). As for the sequence, I'm going to follow this book

japanese-sentence-patterns-for-effective

and get other support reference from Taekim and Genki textbooks.

I plan the frequency of the stream to be once a week, during either Saturday or Sunday (afternoon/evenings EST). I intend to answer questions during the stream in real time, though I will only have access to hitbox's chat, so you might have to register first (???).

If I see enough people interested, I'll start preparing. Don't expect too much of me though, I don't know how well I teach yet :P.

If you have other recommendations please do tell.

I expect to start by March, by then I should have a months worth of presentation finished.

Tentative topics covered during the first few weeks would be:

Japanese sentence structure, Hira/kata, Kanji, Particles, Basic verb forms, etc.

I will use romaji (under the hiragana for the first two/three weeks) and then phase it out.

For example sentences, I will use the books' and pick up stuff from VNs I happen to read.

I will ONLY teach GRAMMAR. For vocabs/kanji, you'll be on your own.

Wait I'm a bit confused how YouTube streaming works. Will the full finished stream be uploaded permanently once finished? If I can watch the video after it is finished at my own leisure than I definitely support this. Actually, I support you doing this either way, but there is higher chance of me watching it if I can watch it post production.  

Wait I'm a bit confused how YouTube streaming works. Will the full finished stream be uploaded permanently once finished? If I can watch the video after it is finished at my own leisure than I definitely support this. Actually, I support you doing this either way, but there is higher chance of me watching it if I can watch it post production.  

He'll be streaming on hitbox and after that he'll upload the stream on youtube.

I support this, I'll probably even check them out just to review stuff.

It's convenient for me to do a livestream since it's also recorded. If anybody happens to be free to watch, I can interact and answer questions in real time. It will help me tweak my lessons and determine what needs to be changed, like pacing, or content. It'll also let me know right away which topics confuse people.

Either way, every session will be uploaded on my youtube (I will post it when the time comes).

Later on this week Wednesday or Thursday, I will make a new official post regarding this. I plan to start Week 0 @ Feb. 21st.  And Week 1 at Feb. 28th OR March 7th (depending on whether people know Hiragana)