Post pics you like (Powered by Jun Inoue™)

VN-Angel

1 hour ago, arakura said:

It just seems like you've demonized this guy because you think it's weird. 

Well I posted about a single guy and a sex doll before that post, in support of it. I thought it was admirable of him to live how he wants, he wasn't affecting anybody in a bad way. I don't even think its weird, its just different [I never once said it was weird actually :wafuu:]. 

You don't think it traumatises the kids, I think it does. Its just a difference of opinion that are both possible, depending on circumstances.

Let me make it clear though, I have nothing against people liking sex dolls, I've mentioned it in my previous post, it isn't about that.  People can do what they want as long as they aren't hurting others, or get off on others getting hurt.

I've had my own experience regarding trauma, personally and through working with single parent households that have shaped the way I think about these things. I'm sure you have your own experiences, that shaped your own opinions of matters such as this too [regarding families and trauma]. I respect your stance on it mate. Cheers! :sachi:

@Jun Inoue I just read your post below, i figure i'll comment here instead of posting again :sachi:, yeah I do believe that it isn't a hobby for them. They love the dolls and consider them partners [regarding the article]. One of the men [a married father of two] said that he wouldn't cheat on the doll because he considers her human and doesn't want to destroy what he has with her.  

Edited by DharmaFreedom
typo

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, arakura said:

I'm pretty sure they're staying together for stability for the children. You seem to think that because he's turned to an odd form of relief makes him a bad guy. I hardly think that he's doing any real damage to his children, from what I've read. Again, who cares if they think his hobby is weird. It's much better that he takes care of his own mental health via coping mechanisms and continue to provide for them. Which he is, right? 

I think the alternative, which is a reality for a lot of families, is that the parents either divorce and cause a lot of damage to the children, or they live very unhappy lives. I think it's good that he's finding a way to help himself meet his needs for love when his wife is not apparently willing to. It just seems like you've demonized this guy because you think it's weird. 

I'm just going from what was said in the article, since I don't really care to read a bunch of different accounts. In the first place my comment was aimed at this specific situation. Sex dolls are pretty strange, but people are too. They have all sorts of needs and get all sorts of twisted when those aren't met. I'm glad he's finding a way to meet them that isn't hurting anyone (no, his children thinking it's strange is not actually traumatizing them).

As for the reasons his wife isn't giving him any love? I don't think they really matter. Most likely they just don't love each other anymore, but they love their children enough to stay together.

Staying together for the kids can be far, far worse for the children than a good divorce. Especially if you "stay together for the kids" but dad's method of coping with it is escapism from reality with a sex doll, which by itself already sounds somewhat unhealthy. If there's one thing in those comments and "interviews" in common, is that all those men seem to be introducing a real person inside inanimate dolls, replacing human interaction for a controlled, imagined one. I'm no psychologist, but I believe that most, especially now in the high wave of the digital era, warn about the dangers of depending or losing yourself too much in make-do relations instead of real ones.

To me, it's not about being weird or not, but about how incredibly unhealthy it sounds to become a person whose closest relationship is a made-up one by yourself with a doll. A notable exception, I believe, are those cases where the person in question is truly lonely and with not many options, like the elderly. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like just a hobby in most of the cases.