Post pics you like (Powered by Jun Inoue™)

VN-Angel

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

24796268_1973622389628015_5906131745705614954_n.png

This is so true... TBH, I hate Subaru as a protagonist so much that is really prevented me from enjoying the whole series. Really, fuck that guy. Can't we just kill him off for good and get literally anyone else in his place, while keeping the awesome setting and support cast? :(

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

1 minute ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

This is so true... TBH, I hate Subaru as a protagonist that is really prevented me from enjoying the whole series. Really, fuck that guy. Can't we just kill him off for good and get literally anyone else in his place, while keeping the awesome setting and support cast? :(

That's the exact reason I loved him. He was a really humane protagonist that really portrayed the flaws and problems the show meant for us to experience.

16 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

That's the exact reason I loved him. He was a really humane protagonist that really portrayed the flaws and problems the show meant for us to experience.

I guess I'm in the tiny minority that didn't really enjoy how this concept was used there, even though I clearly saw what they were trying to do. :P For me Subaru felt both too pathetic and too brilliant, there was no balance in how he was written IMO and his sudden "love" for Emilia was the grossest thing ever (not because I'm some Rem fanatic, just because how obviously delusional it was). I don't think I'll even watch the second season, I was so fed up with it when the first one ended. :P

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

14 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

DDLC Spoiler

Hide contents

Basically, the start menu of my PC earlier today. Looks like Monika got angry.

Untitled.png

Spoiler

GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!GET OUT OF MY SCREEN!

15 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I guess I'm in the tiny minority that didn't really enjoy how this concept was used there, even though I clearly saw what they were trying to do. :P For me Subaru felt both too pathetic and too brilliant, there was no balance in how he was written IMO and his sudden "love" for Emilia was the grossest thing ever (not because I'm some Rem fanatic, just because how obviously delusional it was). I don't think I'll even watch the second season, I was so fed up with it when the first one ended. :P

y-y-you're not... a rem fan?

32 minutes ago, Akshay said:

y-y-you're not... a rem fan?

Honestly I understood the "Love" for emilia, take this dude who did nothing his live, about to be beaten to death saved by a girl and helping her find shit and then she ends up getting killed. That's something where you develop an attachment. Except for him, his whole "I would have died without her saving me that one time" turned the entire thing into "now i must save her." Which spirals out of control.

I can name a few other series that did almost the same thing and was much better just because the MC was not such a total shitbag.

Rem ftw tho

26 minutes ago, Akshay said:

somebody, explain this to me.

Okay so shipping or ship is when you want to put two characters in a romantic relationship. It's a fan fiction kind of thing. What the comic is referring to is that sometimes people ship two characters together that contextually seems pretty fucked up to do so.

1 hour ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

Honestly I understood the "Love" for emilia, take this dude who did nothing his live, about to be beaten to death saved by a girl and helping her find shit and then she ends up getting killed. That's something where you develop an attachment. Except for him, his whole "I would have died without her saving me that one time" turned the entire thing into "now i must save her." Which spirals out of control.

I can name a few other series that did almost the same thing and was much better just because the MC was not such a total shitbag.

Rem ftw tho

The thing is... being a shitbag is not a flaw of the anime. The MC is meant to be that. Socially-wise, he's a worthless piece of shit that gets transported to a fantasy world. His broken personality is not an inconsistency of the show, it's part of the character.

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

The thing is... being a shitbag is not a flaw of the anime. The MC is meant to be that. Socially-wise, he's a worthless piece of shit that gets transported to a fantasy world. His broken personality is not an inconsistency of the show, it's part of the character.

For once..nah actually it's the second time, i'll agree with Jun right here, now that the show is over, i have a less heated up opinion about it, and i can apply cold logic to it.
The show has a lot of flaws, flaws that are kinda inherent to the isekai genre and the LN format, but the MC is not, the writing isn't cut clean, but that's because of the LN format, not really because of inconsistence, the same can be said about VN adaptation, where you clearely feel the "route" construction in such adaptations, but still, the idea is executed, maybe not to its fullest, but still.