Post pics you like (Powered by Jun Inoue™)

VN-Angel

12 hours ago, atorq said:

That's sad, a bit creepy, very fascinating and somewhat beautiful, all in the same time.

Yeah, I also found it amazing that he's brave enough to take the doll out in public. I mean he could face a lot more than ridicule, like you know some people with a disposition to beating up people that are different from them, might jump him or something. Its really intriguing, this world he created for himself.

I think people can do whatever they want to make themselves happy, as long as they're not hurting other living things, themselves [cause that would be sad:(], or watching others get hurt. Without prejudice of course. If it makes him happy, good for him :sachi:.

Edited by DharmaFreedom

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agYvzrg_700b.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3917267/japanese-man-fell-in-love-sex-doll/

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/looking-for-love-unhappy-japanese-men-turn-to-silicone-sex-dolls/news-story/009af6032b995a149ff0d3f5127058d1

Now this is pretty bad, I mean they bring the dolls home to their families. They shirk their children and wives in favour of being with the dolls, pretty selfish and awful of those among them that do that.

2 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Now this is pretty bad, I mean they bring the dolls home to their families. They shirk their children and wives in favour of being with the dolls, pretty selfish and awful of those among them that do that.

It reminds me a lot of the Futurama episode "I Dated a Robot" where Fry gets a Lucy Liu robot that he starts dating.

On 7/9/2017 at 4:51 AM, DharmaFreedom said:

I mean, it sounds like his his wife isn't really giving him any love either, lol. It also doesn't sound like he's really shirking his children. Who cares if they think his hobby (or whatever it is) is weird...

2 hours ago, arakura said:

I mean, it sounds like his his wife isn't really giving him any love either, lol. It also doesn't sound like he's really shirking his children. Who cares if they think his hobby (or whatever it is) is weird...

I think they shirk [avoid or neglect (a duty or responsibility)] by bringing life size love dolls home. I think its really damaging to young children to have their fathers do that when they have wives or even otherwise. Fatherhood goes beyond simply clothing, feeding and sending them to school.

You have to also protect your children as much as you can from things that may traumatise them. If the kids are adults and out of the house then its fine. Still... doing that when you have a wife is something incomprehensible to me. 

I think the reasons why his wife isn't giving him love is a question only they can answer. Normally people would try to work through the problem, separate or get a divorce. Not bring a love doll home . 

Personally, I think if you aren't harming anyone in any way, go love the doll all you want, its your life. When you have a family though, its a different matter entirely. 

Ps: I think in the articles I mentioned in that post, it shows some of them living in separate places from their families to stay with their dolls. Anyway there's a number of articles out there for people to google if they're interested. :sachi:

"When my daughter realised it wasn't a giant Barbie doll, she freaked out and said it was gross-but now she's old enough to share Mayu's clothes".

*cringe* :marie:

Edited by DharmaFreedom
*adding a thought

On 7/15/2017 at 9:44 PM, DharmaFreedom said:

I think the reasons why his wife isn't giving him love is a question only they can answer. Normally people would try to work through the problem, separate or get a divorce. Not bring a love doll home . 

I'm pretty sure they're staying together for stability for the children. You seem to think that because he's turned to an odd form of relief makes him a bad guy. I hardly think that he's doing any real damage to his children, from what I've read. Again, who cares if they think his hobby is weird. It's much better that he takes care of his own mental health via coping mechanisms and continue to provide for them. Which he is, right? 

I think the alternative, which is a reality for a lot of families, is that the parents either divorce and cause a lot of damage to the children, or they live very unhappy lives. I think it's good that he's finding a way to help himself meet his needs for love when his wife is not apparently willing to. It just seems like you've demonized this guy because you think it's weird. 

I'm just going from what was said in the article, since I don't really care to read a bunch of different accounts. In the first place my comment was aimed at this specific situation. Sex dolls are pretty strange, but people are too. They have all sorts of needs and get all sorts of twisted when those aren't met. I'm glad he's finding a way to meet them that isn't hurting anyone (no, his children thinking it's strange is not actually traumatizing them).

As for the reasons his wife isn't giving him any love? I don't think they really matter. Most likely they just don't love each other anymore, but they love their children enough to stay together.